A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,724
Currently Running With Scissors:
468 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2009 Secret Santa Wish Swap Sendouts by 12/15!! 12/18  (Read 18540 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

irish_chicky
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2009 05:44:30 PM »

Hello all! My name is Carla and I live in Saint John New Brunswick in Canada. I am 22 years old, have 4 cats (baby girl, Link, Cyrus, and Fred Jr.) and a husband Tongue My hubbies name is Fred and is the love of my life. Weve been married now for 2 years and will be 3 years in July wee. I just got a new job, and get to wear nice dress clothes every day, except Fridays! Which I actually enjoy. Freds a DJ and loves music and making music, hes been Djing for going on 18 years now. Our family celebrates Christmas, with reindeer, Santa and the true reason for the season, Jesus birth. I like traditional, vintage Christmas ornaments and decorations, but I also like whimsical, modern motifs as well. My favourite colors are pink, purple, orange, brown, natural colors. My favourite flowers are daisies. I dont like risqu things, they wouldnt get used, and enjoy things that I can use opposed to things that sit on a shelf, but there are exceptions.
   I am allergic to smoke and strong, flowery smells, to be safe Id like to stay away from smells all together. I love to crochet and sew, they are my two passions!

My Wist
www.wists.com/irish_chicky

CRAFTED

-Earrings I have 00g earlobes and two regular sized holes on the sides.
-Scarves I love scarves, knitted, crocheted, sewn, spring, winter, fall!!! haha
-Art Work I have some very bare walls.
-Purse/change purse something deep that can hold my lunch and my wallet
-Stencilled shirts for my husband music related Men m/l
-Stencilled shirts for me cupcakes, cute Japanese drawings  Womans s/m would love something I can wear to work as well, so not a t-shit, something a little more dressy. http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2668/3983767106_0e72aa1c80.jpg
-Anything that might help organize my craft room
-Pendants, jewellery of any kind  I prefer necklaces and earrings.
-Anything cupcake!  I collect cupcakes and anything cupcake related would be awesome, embroidery, cross stitch, sew, knitted, glass anything haha
-Anything for my fur babies, they love toys and treats.
-A lap blanket, I would love a lap blanket to take to work, it gets cold there sometimes.
-Anything for my husband that I can give him for Christmas, We are very tight on money and others ideas and help for gifts for men is a huge help.

SUPPLIES

Fabric, any kind, I love all fabric especially cute patterns good for bags, clothing (natural fabrics, I would love hemp, I cant find any good natural fiber fabrics around here)etc.
Ribbon
Yarn
Fun Buttons
Snap press,  I would love you so much if I got a snap press well like you A LOT
Resin  Ive always wanted to learn how to use resin

EXTRAS

Bento Box, cant find any around here
CHOCOLATE mmmm
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009 05:07:08 PM by irish_chicky » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am interested in doing personal swaps!!!
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2009 04:15:09 AM »

Signups are officially closed for this swap.
We still have 2 more lists to be posted so hold off on any discussion here...
Remember though that we actually do have a gallery/discussion thread...
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=327289.msg3778972#msg3778972

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
gammykatie

I would be unstoppable If I could just get started

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2009 04:54:11 PM »

Sorry for the late post.... I just finished my other swaps enough to join.

I live in the beautiful Willamette Valley of Oregon.  I'm an old crone who is fairly new to Craftster and definitely new to this wish list type swap.  I'm looking forward to retiring next year from my daily 9-5 job and enjoying being a naturalist growing our own food and oxygen (trees).  My partner has two beautiful grandchildren that we get to see every summer (boy age 8 and girl age 5).  
We celebrate Christmas, but we don't do religious icons at all.  I am ruled by two felines, one domestic fluff ball and one shorthair fireball with springs for legs.  I had my first torchwork glass lesson on Sunday and cant wait to spend more time at the torch to see if I really can do something with glass besides make blobs.  I am teaching myself pyrography but my old standby is still sewing with some fabric crochet and papercrafts thrown in for good measure. We heat with a woodstove

Both my partner and  I are EXTREMELY ALLERGIC TO ANYTHING SCENTED!

Please nothing smelling like cigarette/cigar/pipe smoke.

My wist: http://www.wists.com/gammykatie.  Im still working on my wist and reflects what I have had time to add -- feel free to check it out.  

I love rainbows, elephants, dragonflies, friendly dragons, owls, Santas, reindeer, snowmen, polar bears, penguins, stars, snow/snowflakes and puzzles.  Royal blue is my favorite color, but any jewel tone works.  Themes I do not like/want are blood/violence/skulls, etc.

Crafted items:
amigurumi elephant, frog, cat, penguin
felt foodfor the grandkids and neighbor kids to play with when visiting
Unusual Christmas ornaments
hand carved rubber stamp of elephants, cats, dragonflies or frogs
Embroidered towels/pillowcases
Wrist warmers
Short scarves (to warm my breath when out in the cold)
Needle book
any recycled art yard art

Supplies
lace trims/ gimp
Fabric (natural fibers only please - no Polyester)
Buttons
Doll/doll clothes patterns
Craft patterns
Stamps in any theme mentioned above
Roving for spinning/needlefelting
Simple patterns/designs for woodburning

Books:
any book that has vintage crafts in it.
Info on needle felting

Extras:
Chocolate the darker the better

Any specific questions can be directed to pinokeeo via pm.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009 05:10:06 PM by gammykatie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

We make a Living by what we get, We make a Life by what we give.  - Winston Churchilll

http://www.wists.com/gammykatie

2010 - 3/XX                     I won't read Blogs!
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2009 12:46:51 PM »

I am sad to say that one of our crafters, playswithneedles, will be away for a little bit.  Her mom died unexpectedly Dec 2.  She will be away from home for at least a week, maybe two.

I was not going to share this information since I felt it was not my place however she checked in today and asked me to let you all know what has been going on. 

Please keep her and her family close in your thoughts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
sarafpool
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2009 09:07:39 AM »

Oh no. She is definitely in my thoughts.  Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MsMia

Christmas, Fall, and Winter Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2009 11:23:59 AM »

Hugs to playswithneedles.

One of my good friends from high school called me yesterday and advised me her grandma passed yesterday.  And almost a year ago this Christmas eve, her mom was hospitalized and died a few weeks later.  I feel so bad for her family especially her dad.  He was an only child and he has both his mom and his wife in less than a year.  His wife was his high school sweetheart.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2009 06:19:03 AM »

Please make sure you send me a message when you receive something - I am not able to keep up with the gallery and compare pictures to who has or has not received yet...

There are only 6 more days in the claim period... if you are thinking of claiming again, hop to it!
Reminder:  Dec 15 is the send out date for all claims.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2009 03:42:14 AM »

We are having a bit of an extension... any new claims that are made between now and Friday, the 18th can be shipped by Friday, the 18th. 

Packages/claims that have already been chosen still need to go out by Tuesday.  Any new claims can have til Friday for shipping.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2009 04:15:43 AM »

We are down to the last minute here with this swap!
We have a slew of packages that are in transit.... and a few that have not been shipped at all that I have been following up on.

If you have received a package and do not remember sending me a message when you got it please let me know now.  I do not have the time to check every single dc# every day.
Even if you posted in the gallery that you received you need to send me a message.  We have had a major lack of communication this swap for some reason.

If you have received and not posted pictures in the gallery do so now.

If you have received and you know who your sender is, please contact me and your sender and let them know that what they sent has been received.  All crafters have anxiety and nothing is worse than having someone receive and them not have the courtesy to let you know that it arrived.  That has been a serious issue this swap as well.  Silence hurts guys.  Being a victim of silence first hand, I can tell you that it hurts.  You put your heart, money and time in to a package and then someone doesn't have the decency to say hey, I got it and it's swell. and thanks for thinking of me....  This is just swap etiquette and that silence is absolutely bad manners all around.

I realize that this is a busy time of year however you joined a swap and if you read the swap agreement you knew what was expected of you and communication is a necessity - please stick to the commitment.  Part of this swap agreement is letting your organizer know when you have sent, received and posting pictures in the gallery!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2010 09:43:49 AM »

Hi everyone!

I wanted to give you all a heads up that the Secret Summer Santa Wish List Swap is up and running!!
Hope to see you there!!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=351291
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Three One Piece Ideas for Boys
Three Dresses Ideas for Girls
3 Ideas of Bottoms For Boys
Top 3 Shirts for Boys
Sun-Protective Clothing for Kids
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...