A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,773
Currently Running With Scissors:
570 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lamp, bookcase, chairs and wall art.. i've been busy!!!  (Read 12656 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: April 01, 2010 12:30:13 PM »

I’ve been getting crafty! I am notorious for starting a project and leaving it unfinished, so I am always super excited when I’ve finished something (even if it’s years later!).

We recently moved after a burglary and that inspired me to get off my butt and finish some projects on my list since forever, and also to post it!! Some are recons, some are new…. I wasn’t sure where to post it all, but take a look at the pics. Let me know what you think!

My brother & I did this wall art and totally inspired by this post from grammardog!!  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=246766.0
Was the messiest and most fun project! Then I bought the frames at Michael’s and 2 of the glasses broke. Replaced them and after the move another broke. So I have to get that replaced and put back up Sad sorry about the crapalicious pics…I can’t find the good ones I took when they were hanging. They looked really pretty then.

the bamboo is the one missing the glass and now frame

Then my dad and I built a bookshelf - he suggested we paint it green, which looked awful and showed up all the flaws in the wood (re-used) and workmanship (we’re amateurs!!) so I painted it a brown type twice and sanded, then sealed with polyurethane. Then It got scratched in the move so needs some touching up!

and a close up

Next is the lamp that is been unfinished for 2 years. We took an old plant pot, filled it was some soil and stones and made it a lamp! It’s still not done… needs a paint job, and gotta fill back up with pretty stones since its just dirt, but otherwise its functional… took forever to find a shade and then it still wasn’t right, but we made it work!

Then I recovered the porch chairs.

This is the couch (and before fabric).

I thought I had waay too much fabric, but guess what? I’ve run out!!!! Now I have to find a compliment for the couch since the store has noo more Sad aaahhh!! So it goes. All I have to do is put on the fabric buttons for the tufting (is that the word?)

and just for kix... my baby

C&C welcome
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010 01:41:11 PM »

Everything looks great! I especially love the wall art, I've been wanting to try to make those for a while!
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010 07:05:06 PM »

Wow been busy is right. You can come do my house list if you want  Wink

Your kitty is adorable! I really like your bookcase, doesn't look amateurish (sp? is it even a word>?) at all you and your dad did a great job.

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010 06:42:52 PM »

thanks for the comments!! the bookcase is actually a recon, since we reused the wood from old pallets by dad got from work.

A lot of old nail holes to fill but its surprisingly sturdy, and now i have a place to display the vintage cameras! (rediscovered in the move!)
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Back-to-School Saturday Haul with Brittany Balyn
Back-to-School Saturday Haul With Shannon Barker
Jeanius - Jane Herman Bishop on Her Favorite Jeans
How to Wear Pajama Dressing
Voguepedia - Gwen Stefani and Punk
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kitty Coasters
@Home This Weekend: Rustic Wreath
November 25, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...