A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,087
Currently Running With Scissors:
479 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lamp, bookcase, chairs and wall art.. i've been busy!!!  (Read 11709 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

islandfly
« on: April 01, 2010 12:30:13 PM »

I’ve been getting crafty! I am notorious for starting a project and leaving it unfinished, so I am always super excited when I’ve finished something (even if it’s years later!).

We recently moved after a burglary and that inspired me to get off my butt and finish some projects on my list since forever, and also to post it!! Some are recons, some are new…. I wasn’t sure where to post it all, but take a look at the pics. Let me know what you think!

My brother & I did this wall art and totally inspired by this post from grammardog!!  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=246766.0
Was the messiest and most fun project! Then I bought the frames at Michael’s and 2 of the glasses broke. Replaced them and after the move another broke. So I have to get that replaced and put back up Sad sorry about the crapalicious pics…I can’t find the good ones I took when they were hanging. They looked really pretty then.

the bamboo is the one missing the glass and now frame

Then my dad and I built a bookshelf - he suggested we paint it green, which looked awful and showed up all the flaws in the wood (re-used) and workmanship (we’re amateurs!!) so I painted it a brown type twice and sanded, then sealed with polyurethane. Then It got scratched in the move so needs some touching up!

and a close up

Next is the lamp that is been unfinished for 2 years. We took an old plant pot, filled it was some soil and stones and made it a lamp! It’s still not done… needs a paint job, and gotta fill back up with pretty stones since its just dirt, but otherwise its functional… took forever to find a shade and then it still wasn’t right, but we made it work!

Then I recovered the porch chairs.

This is the couch (and before fabric).

I thought I had waay too much fabric, but guess what? I’ve run out!!!! Now I have to find a compliment for the couch since the store has noo more Sad aaahhh!! So it goes. All I have to do is put on the fabric buttons for the tufting (is that the word?)

and just for kix... my baby

C&C welcome
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010 01:41:11 PM »

Everything looks great! I especially love the wall art, I've been wanting to try to make those for a while!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lady4feet
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010 07:05:06 PM »

Wow been busy is right. You can come do my house list if you want  Wink

Your kitty is adorable! I really like your bookcase, doesn't look amateurish (sp? is it even a word>?) at all you and your dad did a great job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

islandfly
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010 06:42:52 PM »

thanks for the comments!! the bookcase is actually a recon, since we reused the wood from old pallets by dad got from work.

A lot of old nail holes to fill but its surprisingly sturdy, and now i have a place to display the vintage cameras! (rediscovered in the move!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn how to Texturize Hair - Finishing the Look
Learn how to Texturize Hair - Neutralizing and Conditioning
Learn how to Texturize Hair - Processing the Relaxer
Learn how to Texturize Hair - Applying the Relaxer
Learn how to Texturize Hair - Pre-Treatment
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...