A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,058
Currently Running With Scissors:
646 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: southern maryland  (Read 1599 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bmd1011
« on: December 07, 2009 09:39:42 AM »

Anyone from Southern Maryland on here? I'm a newbie here (to the boards not the county!) and would love to meet some local craftsters!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Maggiedoll
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009 02:24:41 PM »

Yup.. Western shore.. St. Mary's county. 
Well, I'm not FROM here, I just live here now..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

creativeetching
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010 09:21:22 AM »

New to the board, but I have lived in SoMD most of my 35 years... I'm just south of Lexington Park now...

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Maggiedoll
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010 06:28:59 AM »

down by Webster Field?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Maggiedoll
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010 07:54:48 PM »

For those of you right by Lexington Park..  I'm planning on buying one of those Gutermann Real Thread Charts from Atlanta Thread Supply, because the print version just isn't accurate enough.. the colors I ordered using it didn't match up very well with the fabrics I ordered them for.  The deal with the real thread charts is that you have to pay to get one, but can get the cost of the chart back with a thread order... of $100.  I've been pondering how the heck I'm going to buy $100 worth of thread, or justify spending $100 on thread in one order.  BUT the 1100 yard spools of Gutermann are $2.95 each (AND there's a quantity discount) from Atlanta Thread Supply, so it's massively cheaper than buying thread from Joann.  The color numbers, however, are different between the different thread sizes, so you couldn't just go to Joann, match up the thread, and then go order online.  (Believe me, I tried!  Went in with my swatchbook, meticulously wrote down color names and numbers of the threads I needed..  and failed to find them in the larger-sized thread spools available online.)
I'll bug my neighbor to see what she might need, but I thought it might be nice to find some other local people who could benefit from a group gutermann thread order.. 'Cause ordering 40 1100-yard spools of thread all at once by myself seems a tad excessive..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bmd1011
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010 05:35:20 PM »

New to the board, but I have lived in SoMD most of my 35 years... I'm just south of Lexington Park now...

that's awesome, looks like we're neighbors  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bmd1011
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010 05:37:35 PM »

For those of you right by Lexington Park..  I'm planning on buying one of those Gutermann Real Thread Charts from Atlanta Thread Supply, because the print version just isn't accurate enough.. the colors I ordered using it didn't match up very well with the fabrics I ordered them for.  The deal with the real thread charts is that you have to pay to get one, but can get the cost of the chart back with a thread order... of $100.  I've been pondering how the heck I'm going to buy $100 worth of thread, or justify spending $100 on thread in one order.  BUT the 1100 yard spools of Gutermann are $2.95 each (AND there's a quantity discount) from Atlanta Thread Supply, so it's massively cheaper than buying thread from Joann.  The color numbers, however, are different between the different thread sizes, so you couldn't just go to Joann, match up the thread, and then go order online.  (Believe me, I tried!  Went in with my swatchbook, meticulously wrote down color names and numbers of the threads I needed..  and failed to find them in the larger-sized thread spools available online.)
I'll bug my neighbor to see what she might need, but I thought it might be nice to find some other local people who could benefit from a group gutermann thread order.. 'Cause ordering 40 1100-yard spools of thread all at once by myself seems a tad excessive..

ooh let me know if/when you order. I may be interested in that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Change the Workspace Color in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Work With Different Color Spaces in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Optimize the Color Setting in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Setup Preferences in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Use Advanced Adobe Photoshop CS3 Series
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...