Help these adorable squirrels get acorns in the fun game of catch. Made of felt, this simple no sew project will keep the kids entertained during those rainy Spring days.
For more detailed instructions, please go here:http://www.newimageco.biz/scripts/silverware.exe/extpage@D:/DFS/ELEVCLIENTS/NEWIMAGE/ELEVATOR.FXP?page=PROJECT80
4 7/8" Diameter Google Eyes
8 1/4" of 3/4" Wide Elastic
2 4" x 2" Hook Side Adhesive-Backed Fastener Pieces (the non-fuzzy side)
1 9 x 12 Cocoa Soft Felt Sheet
1 12 x 18 Cocoa EZ Felt Sheet
1 9 x 12 Black Soft Felt Sheet
1 9 x 12 Yellow Soft Felt Sheet
Squirrel and Acorn Game Template (available here: http://www.newimageco.biz/pdfs/squirrelandacorngametemplate.pdf
1) Cut out your pieces from the squirrel and acorn game template as follows:
Cocoa EZ Felt:
2 Each of Squirrel Body Bases
2 Each of Squirrel Faces
Cocoa Soft Felt:
4 Each of Squirrel Ears
2 Each of Squirrel Tails
2 Each of Acorn Top
Black Soft Felt:
2 Each of Squirrel Noses
Yellow Soft Felt:
2 Each of Acorn Bottom
2) Assemble Squirrel Faces:
Glue 2 Google Eyes, 2 Ears, and 1 Nose to each Squirrel Face.
3) Apply a thin line of glue on back of your Squirrel faces. Start below the ears and make sure to mirror the shape of the body.
4) Place Squirrel Face onto Squirrel Body.
5) Glue Squirrel Tail to back of the Squirrel Body.
6) Cut 2 4 1/4" strips from your elastic. Apply a strip of glue to the 3/4" width sides and glue this beneath your face piece. You will slip your hand through this to play.
7) Place 4" x 2" Hook Side Fastener on the "belly" of your squirrel.
Assemble Acorn Piece:
Glue tops of Acorns to bottoms of Acorns.
Cut up excess felt to stuff your acorn with.
Glue one side of acorn around outline and place stuffing in the middle.
Place other acorn piece on top. Let dry.