A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,146
Currently Running With Scissors:
540 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: (April Fools 2010) Random tips? Where is my avatar? What?  (Read 3069 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2010 01:57:26 PM »

Ups, sorry, I misunderstood! I thought that the macrame layout was part of this year joke, now I realize that the first post is dated 2009 (now I understand WHY it looked so familar  Grin )

Yeah!  Macrame was last year.  Such a great time!

I wish we had the time, energy and resources to do something for April Fools this year. Sad  Oh, well.  There is always next year, I suppose.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
Len
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2010 02:03:45 PM »

I wish we had the time, energy and resources to do something for April Fools this year. Sad  Oh, well.  There is always next year, I suppose.

If you did, I didn't notice.
But since I'm getting married in September I'd really like to ask for your help with my wedding centerpieces
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2010 02:08:13 PM »

If you did, I didn't notice.
But since I'm getting married in September I'd really like to ask for your help with my wedding centerpieces

Wow!  I'm absolutely flattered!  I'd love to help.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2010 02:12:00 PM »

I'm not sure I'm understanding the question.  You don't like the image you've chosen for your avatar?  If so, you can change it via these steps http://www.craftster.org/craftsterguide.html#anchor1c
THIS ROCKS   Logged

schnerby
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2010 02:46:35 PM »

Craftster admins, it's cool that you do April Fools' stuff, but can you please start it earlier. America is pretty much at the end of the timezones, and for the rest of the world April 1 is over.

It would be nice for the rext of us to share in the joke sometimes. We can think back to 'oh, it was April Fools' yesterday' so surely American Craftsters could think 'oh, it's April Fools' in a few hours' in exactly the same way.

Even if you did this occasionally, not every year, it would be nice for the Non-American folks. Craftster can be USA-centric at times.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Sketchbook Project 2012 My theme: Hope

I have hundreds of purple buttons (a few different styles). Personal swap?
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2010 02:50:52 PM »

I got up early (for me) to do just that Grin I'm in Spain

I was beaten too it by PinkMafia though, who posted even earlier with her fabulous project! Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010 02:52:38 PM by Phizzychick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2010 02:53:51 PM »

Please keep this thread for posts related to the server transition.  Thanks!

sorry Sad

I'm trying hard to be sorry. I mean, in between bouts of laughing my panties damp. *snort*
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010 10:33:00 AM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
Dragonflower
Ecraftic

YAY!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2010 03:03:15 PM »

I don't know feeshy, the tip was very specific...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the end, only kindness matters.
Len
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2010 03:04:50 PM »

Craftster admins, it's cool that you do April Fools' stuff, but can you please start it earlier. America is pretty much at the end of the timezones, and for the rest of the world April 1 is over.

It would be nice for the rext of us to share in the joke sometimes. We can think back to 'oh, it was April Fools' yesterday' so surely American Craftsters could think 'oh, it's April Fools' in a few hours' in exactly the same way.

Even if you did this occasionally, not every year, it would be nice for the Non-American folks. Craftster can be USA-centric at times.

I TOTALLY agree with you schnerby, this is such an unfair discrimination. Maybe we could establish an alternative website just to celebrate our festivities in the right time zone. Who needs Craftster after all?

Wow!  I'm absolutely flattered!  I'd love to help.

That's GREAT! I love how classy and refined your centerpieces are. I'd just add some more feathers, and maybe some gold paint. And glitter. What about glitter?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2010 03:15:12 PM »

Unfortunately, many system changes are performed manually.  Since we (jungrrl and myself) generally work daytime hours, those sorts changes are often done within our two timezones.  Our Moderator team is spread all over the world and do their best to include everyone, but they are volunteers and we do not require them to work specific shifts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Vegetarian Saag Aloo Recipe
Regional Chinese Food and Cooking
How to Cook Lemon Chicken
How to Make Dried Tofu Fried With Celery
California Sushi Roll Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...