A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,531
Currently Running With Scissors:
332 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Prohibition has made nothing but trouble-Al Capone  (Read 2085 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BeltainE
« on: March 29, 2010 05:58:13 PM »

So the Future Husband and I decided that we didn't want to do the whole white wedding with all the Ooh's and Ahh's. Mainly because this is my second wedding (i've done the whole ooh and ahh before) but we still wanted a wedding because this is his first wedding, and it's always been something he's wanted and something his family would be really disappointed if we didn't do. Because this is the case, we decided on a 1920's prohibition theme with me wearing the black pinstripe suit(well, ballgown designed to look like a man's suit...pics to come) and he's wearing the white zoot suit. And living close to Moose Jaw (google it), it was kind of an easy choice. To keep costs down...well, who am i kidding...because I wanted to do it myself, I've made all of this!
The photo thingers have tested my patience, so they are a little wonkyand out of orderbut its all there. This is my bouquet made out of fake flowers, christmas balls, and pieces of wire twisted with pearl pieces and gems...i made a smaller one to toss. In one of the pics there is a naked torsothat is the FHso its not quite as scandalous as it looks. *wink* There are pics of the card box, the flask garters for me and my girls, including the tosser and a smaller one for my flower girl (which will be filled with orange juice, of course. It was prohibition after all*wink*) There are the mandatory I DO letters, and feather pens for the guestbook which is going to consist of a bunch of ribbons hanging from a curtain rod. When a guest signs they fill out this card and string it onto a ribbon and tie the knot. (pics to follow). I figured it would look fabulous on the wall in my craft room so we can look at it instead of collecting dust on the shelf in book form. The feather head pieces for my girls, who will be dressed like flappers. And our save teh dates that we made as magnets.

C & C welcome!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010 12:21:30 PM by BeltainE » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"This is my glue gun, there are many like it, but this one is mine...."
Full Metal Jacket, now there's an idea... Smiley
BeltainE
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010 05:59:22 PM »

Pictures didn't work.  Angry will repost when I get home and have access to a real computer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandanak

I maded puppets!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010 06:29:14 PM »

Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan!

I belong to an improv theater company (the Un-Scripted Theater Company in SF) which does a show during the holidays called "Let It Snow!" where we improvise a full-length musical about an audience member's small-town hometown -- and the first year we did the show (2004), we did one set in Moose Jaw! Complete with hooch-smuggling caves! Every time I hear about a town we've done a show for -- and there have been probably fifty or sixty over the years -- I feel like I've been there. Awwwww!

What a great theme for a second/first wedding, and how nice of you to let the boy wear white. Wink

Best of luck; I look forward to the pictures -- esp. of the pinstripe ball gown!

Cheers,
--Mandy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To craft and to solve.
BeltainE
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010 06:54:35 PM »

Thanks for that. It's always nice to have some recognition and be able to say...I"VE BEEN THERE! lol. And it's a beautiful place, full of dark and interesting history to boot.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

snips and snails
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010 03:07:22 PM »

What a cute theme!! You're going to have so much fun (looks like you already are), getting everything ready! I, too, can't wait to see your dress. Do you have any inspiration pics yet? I want to share one with you that I saved from somewhere:

It's a Norma Kamali from the 80's (as far as I know!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
princessacademy
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010 05:13:55 PM »

What a great idea!!
I always tell my hubby we should renew our vows, or get divorced and re-married so we can have another wedding! I adored crafting for and planning for our first one!!
 Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ReinhardtEvents
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2010 08:03:04 AM »

Wow! That's a very cute and creative idea for a theme. I really love those feathered head pieces for your bridal party!
Have you tried wearing your garter belt for a few hours yet? It does seem like it might be a little heavy - but it's very, very creative and I love how it's a little secret that ties in with the theme.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BeltainE
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010 09:46:29 AM »

Oh yes. I tried out the leg garters with a full flask and as long as it's up high enough on the leg (read, it's tight enough against the leg) there isn't any issues. Plus, on hte inside, I ran  a couple rings of that rubbery elastic stuff so that the second my leg sweats that sucker is stuck there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mommabear1963

Life is a Long Lesson in Humility"Isaac Asimov"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2010 09:07:42 AM »

great job so far.  Very inspiring.  I too am having a DIY 1920"s wedding but with less focus on prohibition and gansters (still, a little gangster).  I loved looking at ur ideas so far and will follow your thread.  Cant wait to start my thread. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aisy
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2010 07:55:47 AM »

im really eager to see pics of the dress
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Thin Hair Look Lush
Making Dreadlocks
How to Make an Avocado Mask for Dry Hair
How to Make a Quick Homemade Hair Mask
How to Get More Body for Your Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...