A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 299,130
Currently Running With Scissors:
535 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2010 What is everyone planning to make for Christmas?Officially Closed.  (Read 29690 times)
Tags for this thread: christmas , gift_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Willowe
« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2010 11:04:10 AM »

I went shopping earlier in the week and now have all the supplies I need! Now I can finally start working on more of the presents on my list!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
     -None Smiley

My Etsy
My Pinterest
LoudHoward
« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2010 04:46:05 AM »

Gosh there are some brilliant ideas on here. I havnt got everything figured out yet but Ive got a few.

Started
Finished/bought

Fiance - Bought him a PSP game console a month ago, which he asked me to do. But want to get him a few little bits and make him something to open on christmas day.. just dont know what yet.

Mother in law - Home made vanilla extract, an apron, and a cookery book

Father in law -

Mum - Home made vanilla extract, an apron, and a cookery book

Step dad -

Dad and his fiancee - Soemthing for their new home together, Maybe some cushions?

Big sis 2 - Home made vanilla extract, an apron, and a cookery book

Big bro -

Big bros gf -

Step sis - Crocheted penguin

Neice 1 (11 years old) - earrings

Neice 3 (3 years old) -

Neice 4 (11 months old) -

Nephew 4 (6 years old) -

Nephew 5 (2 years old) -

Nephews 1,2,3 and Neice 2 - Big box of chocs to share

Brother in law 1 -

Brother in law 2 -

Brother in law 2s gf - homespun yarn

Best friend 1 - Home made vanilla extract, an apron, and a cookery book

Best friend 2 -  Plarn coasters and placemats

Best friend 2's baby (11 months old) - A black knitted hat... apparently its hard to find baby hats in black so she requested I make one.

Best friend 3 -

I'm also making new stockings for Myself, fiance, bro in law 1, bro in law 2 and bro in law 2s gf. Im going to embroider the names onto the cuff with some cute little christmassy images.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2010 03:50:36 PM by LoudHoward » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sandy Ang
« Reply #92 on: November 14, 2010 03:58:54 AM »

Handmade cards, tree ornaments and gifts
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come visit my blog to see more new projects
http://angsandy.blogspot.com/
drunkenatheist
« Reply #93 on: November 15, 2010 05:42:21 AM »

Every year, I do a basket gift for my cousins and their respective partners, as well as my aunt and uncle.  (It's four couples total.)  Last year, we paired a bottle of alcohol with a complimentary candy.  This year, I'm not sure exactly what I'll be doing, but I think I'm going to try making some felt Christmas ornaments to include in their gifts. 

I think that the bulk of my gifts will be limited to cookies and other baked goods.  Cash is tight and my boyfriend started giving me the "Christmas will be CHEAP this year!" lectures starting around September, haha. 

My boyfriend, on the other hand....yeesh.  I have no clue what to get or make for him.  I'm tempted to be a smartass and make him an ammo cozy. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Secret Batcave
« Reply #94 on: November 15, 2010 06:51:27 AM »

I have been super organised this year and have already done the bulk of my christmas shopping, but i want to craft a few small items to give that thoughtful touch to my gifts.

I have seen a number of recipes for cookies in a jar - I plan on making a christmas version of these halloween cookies:
http://vanessascraftynest.blogspot.com/2010/10/diy-tutorial-halloween-cookies-in-jar.html 

I also plan on making some felt Christmas tree decorations and hiding them in my own handmade christmas crackers using toilet roll tubes  and wrapping paper.

And finally I also am planning on making some scrap fabric flower hair clips to give to all the girls in my family  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aliasgracie
« Reply #95 on: November 15, 2010 07:46:56 PM »

Hooray, aliasgracie!  My fianc (it's so fun to say that word)'s cousin just let us know she's expecting and due in February or March, so I imediately started knitting baby booties.  I'm so excited!

Thanks!  Now that Christmas is closer we find out we are having twins Smiley
My list is a little more organized...
Mister: etched mugs
Stepboy: stenciled t-shirts and etched mugs
Friend 1 - apron with embroidered kitties
Friend 2 - some sort of basket...
Nieces -  lap blankets w/ pillow (maybe) craft kits with decorated boxes
Nephews - lap blankets with pillows
Baby nephew- born yesterday!!! Embroidered bibs, tab blankie
Misters family - We make lefse and homemade chocolates
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Common sense is the collection of prejudices
- Albert Einstein

50 things 6/50
MaxParadise
« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2010 12:59:36 PM »

oh man, i'm starting pretty late this year! but i have a good excuse. i have a brand new (semi brand new, haha  Cheesy) 2 month old baby boy that keeps me mighty busy! anywho, here is my list so far. i try to get everyone at least one store bought thing and one handmade thing, but with said baby boy, money is a bit more tighter so i'm gonna try and craft more this year.

the hubby: i think i may stencil him a few shirts. i also want to make him a piece of wall art for our apartment. on canvas, i wanted to write the quote "and we continued blissfully into this small, but pefect piece of our forever" (yes, that's from breaking dawn, lol! but it think it fits us perfectly, especialy with the addition of our little one.) i think i want to adress it to both him and our son. the thing is i'm not sure how to go about it. i don't just want to write the quote on canvasa and that be it. i'd like it to be a little more..pretty? arsty?? not exactly sure. anyone here do any kind of word art that i can maybe get ideas??

my baby boy: he'll be 3 months by christmas time. i definitely want to make him a felt name book. i've made one for other babies in the family and now i get to make my own baby one! also, even though he can't exactly play with them yet, some animal plushies: elephant, giraffe, lion, monkey, hippo. i think i may also stencil him some onsies.

my side of the fam:

mom: no idea! i was thinking maybe a little scrap book with all the pictures of my little one thus far. or maybe making a calendar with my babe's pics. though, i'm not sure how to go about that...

daddy-o: seriously the hardest man to shop for, and even that much more harder to craft for. last year i made him a blanket out of 49ers fabric, which he loved.

bro and sis-in-law: last year i wanted to make them some skittle infused vodka, but never got around to it. i think i'm gonna try this year. i had saved a really good tute on how to do it but that was on my old computer which has sadly died. does anyone have a tute on this??

9, soon to be 10, year old nephew: again, clueless as to what to make. he's really into wrestling, thanks to my bro, and video games of course. however he also likes to read and is a really good student.

hubby's side of the fam:

mother-in-law: she likes to bake, so i'm thinking a cook book with dessert type recipes.

father-in-law: he loves eating snacks and baked goods (the recipe book above would come in handy!) so i was thining a basket of snacks, but i kinda wanted to do that for everbody, (see below)

sis-in-law: no clue! maybe a sort of shadow box thingy with a pic of her first nephew and other baby type things... also, her son currently isn't living with her (he will be down for christmas) so maybe something that can always remind her of him/keep him close. i already made her little scrapbook last christmas.

3, soon to be 4, year old nephew: tools and tool box made out of felt; felt food and a little felt grill to cook it on!

also, i was thinking of making everyone a basket full of goodies. some baked goods (brownies, cookies, homade candy/fudge), some snack mixes, drink mixes, (anyone know any recipes for drink mixes?). i loved someone's idea on here to make a "winter weekend" basket i believe it was called, which included a movie or a gift card to rent a movie or something. i would love to do that, but a) not sure what movie everyone would like, and b) everyone rents movies from different places (i.e. netflix, blockbuster, redbox, and my parents just watch the movies that my brother or i drop off for them to watch, haha!)

that's about it for now. i'm enjoying reading what everyone else is doing!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

And your scared to death that you are never going to come alive.

http://www.pintrest.com/dheartst
felix-xx
« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2010 01:09:45 PM »

Christmas! I've been so excited this year.
My boy and I are both a little broke.. not doing a 'personal' Christmas between the two of us, which is different, but I am still excited!

Most of my gifts are food gifts (I try to be quite the foodie).

Mom is getting ten homemade single-serve chicken pot pies (her fave).

Dad is getting a tub of frozen chocolate eclairs.

Sister and her BF are getting soup. They LOVE soup and love anything homemade. Last year it was split-pea with ham hock. This year I'm thinking hot italian sausage, potato, and kale. Somewhere along the lines of the 'Toscana' soup at Olive Garden. Personally I've never been to an Olive Garden, there aren't many here in Ontario, but I do work for Red Lobster (the sister restaurant).

Best Friend is getting skittle vodka set - which I believe was a tute on here last year around this time..

Acquaintances are getting two types of homemade hot chocolate (three flavors - Mint, Mocha, and Cinnamon Spice) with accompanying chocolate-dipped spoons. Cookie kits are going to all other people on my list, with a variety of baking.. Snickerdoodles, Cranberry White Chocolate Shortbread, Sugar Cookies, Cocoa Cayenne Cookies, Nut Brittle, Bark, and of course Pates a Soeurs.. It's a French-Canadian thing, rolled up pie dough with cinnamon and sugar filling.

I've already started some of this, mostly waiting on butter to go on sale... It's so expensive!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want so badly to believe that there is truth and love is real.
MaxParadise
« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2010 04:52:53 PM »

My boy and I are both a little broke.. not doing a 'personal' Christmas between the two of us, which is different, but I am still excited!

Sister and her BF are getting soup. They LOVE soup and love anything homemade. Last year it was split-pea with ham hock. This year I'm thinking hot italian sausage, potato, and kale. Somewhere along the lines of the 'Toscana' soup at Olive Garden. Personally I've never been to an Olive Garden, there aren't many here in Ontario, but I do work for Red Lobster (the sister restaurant).

Best Friend is getting skittle vodka set - which I believe was a tute on here last year around this time..

Acquaintances are getting two types of homemade hot chocolate (three flavors - Mint, Mocha, and Cinnamon Spice) with accompanying chocolate-dipped spoons. Cookie kits are going to all other people on my list, with a variety of baking.. Snickerdoodles, Cranberry White Chocolate Shortbread, Sugar Cookies, Cocoa Cayenne Cookies, Nut Brittle, Bark, and of course Pates a Soeurs.. It's a French-Canadian thing, rolled up pie dough with cinnamon and sugar filling.

I've already started some of this, mostly waiting on butter to go on sale... It's so expensive!

i'm making the skittle vodka too! yes, there was a tute on here somewhere, that's the one i saved but now lost. hopefully i'll be able to find it again. you're baked goods sounds yummy. your flavors of hot chocolate sound great too. would you mind sharing the recipe??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And your scared to death that you are never going to come alive.

http://www.pintrest.com/dheartst
felix-xx
« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2010 06:03:42 PM »

i'm making the skittle vodka too! yes, there was a tute on here somewhere, that's the one i saved but now lost. hopefully i'll be able to find it again. you're baked goods sounds yummy. your flavors of hot chocolate sound great too. would you mind sharing the recipe??

Of course! It's super easy!
It makes a large batch, so I usually split it up into equal parts to add in my own little flavours..

3 1/2 cups regular white sugar
2 1/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tbsp table salt

I know the salt seems strange, but nothing goes better than salt and chocolate.
For the different flavour combos I love I use:
Powdered candy canes (or mints, or anything minty really) around 1 tbsp per half batch.
Finely ground INSTANT espresso powder (Nescafe has a good one) 1 1/2 tbsp, to taste.
Or 2 tsp cinnamon and 1 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg.

I make cards that have instructions. I mix 2 tbsp of hot chocolate mix with enough cream or milk to make a smooth paste. Add in 1 cup of boiling water and stir! The chocolate dipped spoons are wonderful.. The chocolate melts into the hot chocolate and makes it even richer. It's always amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want so badly to believe that there is truth and love is real.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Simple Shapes - Adobe Photoshop
how to Bring Drawings to Life Part 1/2 - Adobe After Effects
how to Bring Drawings to Life Part 2/2 - Adobe After Effects
How to Create someone Firing a Gun - Scratch
How to Use Shadow Boxes - Dreamweaver
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...