A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,487
Currently Running With Scissors:
439 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2010 What is everyone planning to make for Christmas?Officially Closed.  (Read 28146 times)
Tags for this thread: christmas , gift_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2010 06:05:16 PM »

For the people who I haven't ever made one for yet, a scarf and fingerless glove set.  Everyone else that I am not giving a large gift to is getting a crocheted tea wallet-with tea, coffee, and sugar inside.  Perhaps also a small handmade ornament as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
LoudHoward
« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2010 02:17:21 AM »

Thanks everyone for these great ideas! I'm trying to compose a list now. I was thinking about making some kind of snack mix, drink mix or something along those lines to give out to everyone but I don't have a clue what to make. Does anyone have any ideas what is a good mix to give as gifts that I can make all at once and is cheap? I remember my mom making spiced tea around this time of year with tang and instant tea.. but I'm not sure everyone will like that.. Any ideas will be much appreciated! Thanks!

What is instant tea?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Roxsun40
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2010 08:38:47 AM »

Thanks everyone for these great ideas! I'm trying to compose a list now. I was thinking about making some kind of snack mix, drink mix or something along those lines to give out to everyone but I don't have a clue what to make. Does anyone have any ideas what is a good mix to give as gifts that I can make all at once and is cheap? I remember my mom making spiced tea around this time of year with tang and instant tea.. but I'm not sure everyone will like that.. Any ideas will be much appreciated! Thanks!

What is instant tea?

I think that is what my mother told me when I was younger. I'm not sure, but I am guessing it is like instant coffee.. I haven't made the spiced tea combo. I just remember her making it. I will try and look around on the internet and in some cook books to see if I find the recipe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mrs. Awesome_Pants

Creative minds are rarely tidy.

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2010 11:56:42 AM »

I've thought about it and revised my list a bit, and finalized things.  It's now I really wish I knew how to do stuff other than crochet and sew because I have great ideas for some people but don't know how to do them. Undecided  Anyone want to do a gift list swap lol ?

My list blue WIP, finished
--Rag rug for Mom's living room, in blue and white
--Lap afghan for fiance
--"Super Easy Recipes" cookbook for my boss
--Hairbows/barrettes for my goddaughters
--Felt name books for my goddaughters
--Lounge pants for my little brother
--Molded crayons for my little brother
--Laptop cases for my 2 school friends
--Brown/green/cream rag rug for Mom's bedroom
--Wool socks for fiance
--Something special for my other friend, who's getting married soon

Everything else is dependent on time/my ability.  Better get to crafting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Immaculata
« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2010 05:19:19 AM »

I'm making a lot of cross stitch cards. This year, my goal is to be finished by December 1 because last year I was making cards up until Christmas Eve! I drove to my aunt to deliver her card just before darkness fell.

- for my grandmother and my elderly aunt and uncle; religous themed cards from a kit from Black Rose Designs. They are pretty modern though - they're assisi designs (where you only stitch the background, not the image itself) one with the Virgin Mary holding her baby boy, the other one Mary and Joseph and the donkey on their way to Bethlehem. I'm almost done with the first one, only a couple of stitches left. done

- the free card kit that's coming with the next issue of the UK Cross Stitcher done

- 2 designs on linen by DMC, working on 1 of them

- My aunt is crazy about Tatty Teddy so I'm stitching a TT christmas design for her, I'm going to make a felt frame for it instead of making a card so she can put it up again next year if she wants to. Working on this one right now

- I'm looking for or designing a special christmas card for my needlework teacher, I'm looking for a rare technique and a special design.

Things that are not cards :

- I'm still working on some tree ornaments that I started last year - I finished & used 4 of them last year but still 6 to go

- I promised my grandmother to stitch a table runner for her, if it's done by December I might give it to her as a gift

- As a joke, I'm going to knit 4 tiny socks for the cat because my dad always complains the cat gets cold feet when we leave the doors open.

I'm not sure yet what I'm going to make for most other people, or if i'm going to make something at all. Most of my relatives don't really appreciate home made gifts. I'm totally ok with that, but I'm not going to spend time on making something that isn't going to be appreciated.

I finished the stitching part of all my cards! I only have to make them into actual cards. I'm not sure about the card for my needlework teacher; I can't find a very special design so if I can't find one then I"ll send her a regular card, I've made more cards than I need for this year.

Adding to this list:

- Kitchen stuff for my mum: oven mitts & pot holders. She's had hers for years and they look terrible, all stained and some of them even burnt, she needs new ones! And I've found a really nice fabric.
- Another one for my mum: a knitted scarf. I have really nice Drops Delight yarn lying around and I've found the perfect scarf pattern.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

hearthmommy
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2010 02:23:39 PM »

Let me see....

x-stitch ornaments for my overseas friends, a winter themed wreath for our home, and I'm also making woodburned (pyrography) ornaments for our tree. I am hoping to be able to get a quilt done for one of my friends who recently had a stroke.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ crafty mom of 3 ~
Hoopla round 3-OTT - In progress
http://www.wists.com/hearthmommy
indigo flower girl
« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2010 10:25:34 AM »

I'm hoping to make lumberjack hats for my boyfriend and my brother (and let's be honest, I want one, too.  Merry Christmas, self).  I've never made one before, so I'll make mine first as a tester and if all goes well I think the boys will like them.   Smiley

I also want to sew some baby shoes (booties?  don't care for that word...) for my friend's baby.  Yay!

Does anyone have any ideas what is a good mix to give as gifts that I can make all at once and is cheap? I remember my mom making spiced tea around this time of year with tang and instant tea.. but I'm not sure everyone will like that.. Any ideas will be much appreciated! Thanks!

Roxsun, how about cappuccino mix?  I don't have a good recipe but I doubt it would be hard to find one on here or elsewhere.  You could give people both tea mix and cappuccino mix, and it seems like most people would like at least one or the other!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010 10:29:22 AM by indigo flower girl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://cakeandmittens.wordpress.com/

Smile like you mean it, and let yourself let go.
Roxsun40
« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2010 08:06:07 AM »

Does anyone have any ideas what is a good mix to give as gifts that I can make all at once and is cheap? I remember my mom making spiced tea around this time of year with tang and instant tea.. but I'm not sure everyone will like that.. Any ideas will be much appreciated! Thanks!

Roxsun, how about cappuccino mix?  I don't have a good recipe but I doubt it would be hard to find one on here or elsewhere.  You could give people both tea mix and cappuccino mix, and it seems like most people would like at least one or the other!

That's a wonderful idea! I wonder if there is a coffee mix I could make too, so it could be like a little drink mix basket thingie! I'm so excited! Thank you for the wonderful idea!! I'm off searching for some yummy drink recipes! Shocked)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ebygomm
« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2010 10:10:15 AM »

Gift wise I'm making:
A sock monkey and some changeable clothing for my niece.
A laptop case for my brother
A doorstop for my mum
A microwaveable rice heat pack for my dad
A taggy blanket for a friend's newborn and possibly a fabric book

Decoration wise I'm making:
Paper Hearts
Origami/Paper wreath - hope to improve on last years design
Paper baubles
Kusudama flower bouquets like  this

I'll probably add to this list still, luckily it's still October (just!)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Willowe
« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2010 10:56:23 AM »

Well, so much for having everything figured out. Tongue I'm STILL changing things around, and I have no idea how I'm going to finish everything by Christmas...

Red = Started working on it
Done

Dad- Hat
Mom- Fleece scarf with rice heat pack in it
Nana/Papa- GD lap blanket
Older sister- Supernatural cross-stitch
Younger sister- Cosmetic case
Grandma- Three teacup candles
Grandpa- Peppermint bark
Aunt- Gathered pouch

Friend #1- Pencil roll with art supplies
All other friends- Various foodstuffs. I'm thinking cookies, peppermint bark... no idea what else. Tongue

Friend of a friend- Ezio doll
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
     -None Smiley

My Etsy
My Pinterest
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tony and Angela DiTerlizzi Reveal the Talents They Wish They Had
The Dressmaker Book Trailer
Mosh Potatoes Book Trailer
Jennifer Weiner Talks About Certain Girls
Karen Katz Reveals Her Previous Occupations
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...