A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,072
Currently Running With Scissors:
656 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2010 What is everyone planning to make for Christmas?Officially Closed.  (Read 27864 times)
Tags for this thread: christmas , gift_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dancedupapillon
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2010 10:22:31 PM »

I organised my stash a little while ago and realised I have TONNES of red lopi that I have no idea how I came to own, so red mittens will be a common gift, methinks...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jamais sans mes ciseaux.
How Lovely
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2010 04:23:19 PM »

Wow! Everybody is so organised, I'm only just getting started now and it's October!!! My parents aren't really in to the craft thing, so I'm not sure if I'll do anything for them.

Little Sister 18: She is super trendy and probably moving out of home. I'm thinking of appliqueing her some pillows for her bed in her new room, I've already got her those tortured willow lights and I also got her these stick on birds/cages for her mirror. I'm doing everything for her in black/white/silver.

Nan and Great Nan: I'm going to make teesha moore style photo albumn covers and maybe put a pic in of my family at christmas. Check out the teesha moore stitch along on the needlework board, it's amazing!

Great Aunty Phil: Going to make a set of coasters

Pop: Pop is obsessed with bingo so I want to make a case to hold his bingo pens, a few dollars for the pokies and a half time snack.

Aunty Jeni and maybe my mum: Lampwork bead bracelet

Grandma, Grandad and Dad: No Idea!!! Grandma & Grandad love Asia, Grandad esp. loves Japan, maybe I could do something with that? I was thinking of painting some war miniatures for dad but my sister didn't like that idea.

Boyfriend: Something to do with Japan, he is obsessed with Japan... but not with Manga unfortunately so that makes it hard... plus we live together so it's hard to get in any secret crafting! I've already ordered him a book, so a book mark might be good.

And of course... I'm flat broke! Haha should be interesting to see if I can pull this together Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm sweet... Like too much sugar in your tea
~*~*Come and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
Pins: www.pinterest.com/howlovely
Store: www.etsy.com/shop/NostOWLgia
LadyLeitzen

feisty cat lurves roving

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2010 11:59:47 AM »

i love doing handmade holiday stuff! can we post pictures when we finish things?

Blue = started
Red = Done!

hubby - space invaders tapestry crochet scarf
SIL - sparkly lace crochet beaded scarf
brother - black earflap hat
grandma - crochet lace shawl
MIL - elf sippers
FIL - cabled wool scarf
SIL #2 - crochet ruffly scarf
niece - chunky yarn earflap hat
SIL #3 - tea towels
SIL #4 - flannel sleep shorts (i got the cutest smiley toast and jelly flannel!)
BIL - doctor who clock
friend - knit kit (combo needle roll and notions holder)
friend #2 - knit kit
friend #2's daughter - fuzzy "paper bag" hat with pompoms!
friend #2's son - fuzzy earflap hat

yeah, i tend to not be a monogamous crafter.... so... yeah!
love me some homemade holiday goodies...

hubby and i are also thinking about whipping up a huge batch of homemade barbecue sauce and including it with every family's present.

can't wait to start seeing some photos of some finished stuff! (if we can?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wearethejoneses
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2010 05:02:13 PM »

Started
Finished!  WOO-HOO!

Hub's Side of Family
Dad - NO CLUE, def. getting food of some kind
Mom -
Church notecard set
Sister - ??
BIL- ?
Neice - she just got married so I think they are getting a hand painted sign that has their name and est. 2010 on it
nephew in law (?)food of some sorts
their son - he'll be 1 -- thinking some fabric blocks maybe with some taggies in there - use different textures of fabric
nephew - no clue
other sister - ?
neice - a purse
her boyfriend - i dont even know if they are still together! Lol
their daughter - not positive yet
their son - a super hero cape set
nephew - ?
his neice in law (ther it is again!) they just got married last week so another sign
their daughter - not positive again...

I am thinking about making a card table felt house (have you all seen them?  check out Etsy if you haven't) and a BIG collection of felt food for the grandparents.  They have a few toys but they are all older toys and nothing major.  I thought this would be a nice easy to assemble and clean up gift.  Tacky for a grandparents gift??? HELP! Smiley

All teachers/therapists - tote bags (except for Joshua's man teacher - him I'm not sure)

My side:
mom -
coffee cozy towel bag for her water aerobics and a big family tree if I have time
Step dad -
lunch packs personalized pub glasses
brother - soap, lunch packs
brother - soap lunch packs
brother - mustach cups, something for his dorm/apartment - he just graduated and finished basic
brother - camera something -- he's way into photography about to graduate hs
sister - a purse and something she's 9
brother - cape super hero set
*can you tell we are a "blended" family? lol hello brady bunch!
aunt - purse, at the ball game set - blanket (fleece on one side to stay warm table cloth on the other to repel rain) and coushin (bleachers hurt your butt after a while!)
uncle - pub glasses
their kids - idk something small
gma - their last name wooden letter w/ shells covering, a bingo bag and shell something (they live in FL)
gpa - pub glasses
dad - ?
step mom - ?
brother - ?
sister - ?
gma - ?
gpa - ?
this side is hard!!

son and hubs are not listed bc they are nosy! 
Mostly everyone is getting food + something.  Hopefully.  If not, food is hard to beat!

Not much red, but I have all of the felt food cut out for the big one!  Tonight I'm cutting capes, and bingo bag. 

And as a response to getting things on the cheap --- keep going to garage sales!! And thrift stores and good will.  I scored some great fabric at goodwill today.  A navy blue fleece blanket -- will go on aunts gift -- $1.50.  All it was just a big peice of fleece that some company barely trimmed around.  I would have spent more than that @ the fabric store and not gotten one so big!  I also always check out their sheets/table runners/place mats.  So happy w/ today's finds. 

Plus if I go to the actual fabric store I get in trouble -- I tend to buy TONS of things.  Just because its pretty!  Hence why my stash is um.  Well it was last seen sporting feet and eating anything left on the floor.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
anitacj
wist:anitacj77

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2010 11:17:36 AM »

Yes!Show your pretty pressies  Grin.Show them loud,and show them proud  Wink.We would lurv to see your progress. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

look at wists for my likes & dislikes
wearethejoneses
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2010 08:06:14 PM »

Pretty excited --- I can cross 5 people off my list today!  Dad, uncle, uncle, grandpa, step dad.  They each are getting a set of 4 personalized beer mugs.  They look really great -- and they were $25 --- for 20 mugs!  Can't beat that!

My dads owns an art gallery so I put his gallery name on his mugs.  (Art galleries always need beer mugs!)  Smiley
My grandpa I put his first and last name.
And the others I just did first names.  I think I like the first names the best.   

Wooooah.  Sorry they are so big!  Not sure how to fix that lol!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ica171
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2010 10:50:09 PM »

I haven't finished my planning yet, and sadly some of these are left over from previous years when I didn't get everything done. We don't have to do gifts for the adults and we draw names for everyone's kids. We'll do that next weekend, so I don't know whom I'll have to make gifts for or even if I will make them gifts. Some members of my family don't really appreciate homemade stuff.

Anyway, here's what I have so far.

DH--Mario felt board with a question mark box to hold all the pieces.

6yo DS--Nerf gun (maybe), handmade Nerf bandolier with holster, bleach stencil T-shirt, case for a play laptop? (not sure because I'm not sure if he's getting it, it would come from my mom), finish his play kitchen and make a couple sets of felt food.

4yo DS--Quiet Book, bleach stencil T-shirt, finish play kitchen and felt food, finish his dollhouse. I want to do more for him but I don't know what.

Mom--Redoing her kitchen with some of my siblings so I will be putting in some cash and lots of sweat equity.

Dad--No idea, he's diabetic so can't have baked goods. Might buy him work gloves or something, that's usually what he wants.

Other adults (siblings, friends, etc)--If I give gifts to adults, it's baked goods. I plan on making Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls for teacher gifts this year so I might put those in here too. Otherwise it's the typical cookies, maybe some peanut brittle, maybe banana bread.

6yo's teacher--Rice bag for neck?, Pioneer Woman cinnamon rolls, note or drawing from DS, maybe a gift card to Borders or Target?, packaged in a reusable tote bag that folds into a pocket.

4yo's teacher--Same as 6yo's teacher.

4yo's class helpers--I think there are 4, I would probably do cinnamon rolls and cookies. Not sure. If I don't do the gift cards for the other teachers I'll probably just give all of them the same gift.

I don't know which of these kids we'll be getting in the drawing, but here are my ideas so far:

16yo niece--Probably a gift card in a wristlet I can make in a few hours with stash material.

16yo nephew--No idea. Boys are hard to buy for; probably a gift card.

11yo niece--Purse or tote bag, she asked for one.

6yo niece--No idea. Maybe a game for her new V-Reader, I would make her a doll set but I'm sure she has a ton of them already.

2yo niece--Dress or tunic top with ruffled bloomers/pants and maybe a cute jacket. Might also do a quick toy.

6mo nephew--No idea. A toy of some sort, probably.

I definitely need to get started.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadyLeitzen

feisty cat lurves roving

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2010 11:05:32 AM »

my first update Grin

Blue = started
Red = Done!

hubby - space invaders tapestry crochet scarf
SIL - sparkly lace crochet beaded scarf (check it out here)
brother - black earflap hat
grandma - crochet lace shawl
MIL - elf sippers
FIL - cabled wool scarf
SIL #2 - crochet ruffly scarf
niece - chunky yarn earflap hat
SIL #3 - tea towels
SIL #4 - flannel sleep shorts (i got the cutest smiley toast and jelly flannel!)
BIL - doctor who clock
friend - knit kit (combo needle roll and notions holder)
friend #2 - knit kit
friend #2's daughter - fuzzy "paper bag" hat with pompoms!

friend #2's son - fuzzy earflap hat

ugh i hate my cell phone! it's terrible with colors and resolution...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kitsune-Tearz
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2010 11:46:40 AM »

I've had most of mine figured out for a while (like since.... march/april for most of them...)
Nieces, Nephews, and DBF's little sis - Ikea Malm mirrors, painted and with an operation beautiful like quotes (check out operationbeautiful.com)
Sibs and Sibs-in-law - Cookbooks with some of the families favorite recipes in it
Dad - borrowing DBF's mom's record ripper (turn records into mp3's) and using some of his fave records and putting them all on a memory stick/mp3 player
One of my bff's is getting a couple crafted bookmarks...
all thats left is my other bff, my DBF and my grandparents (grandpa and grandma on one side, grandma on the other)

as for progress
mirrors are all base coated, just need designs and quotes
almost all the recipes are typed, just gotta get binders to decorate and print out the recipes
bookmarks just need the contact paper on it (or to get them laminated)
and the records are picked out, just need to be ripped
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Roxsun40
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2010 06:00:57 PM »

Thanks everyone for these great ideas! I'm trying to compose a list now. I was thinking about making some kind of snack mix, drink mix or something along those lines to give out to everyone but I don't have a clue what to make. Does anyone have any ideas what is a good mix to give as gifts that I can make all at once and is cheap? I remember my mom making spiced tea around this time of year with tang and instant tea.. but I'm not sure everyone will like that.. Any ideas will be much appreciated! Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Long Exposure Photography
Camera Pixel Resolution
How to Take Self-Portraits
HDR Photography Advice
Photography Lighting Advice
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...