A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,139
Currently Running With Scissors:
578 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2010 What is everyone planning to make for Christmas?Officially Closed.  (Read 27934 times)
Tags for this thread: christmas , gift_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

anitacj
wist:anitacj77

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2010 10:07:01 AM »

O.k everyone the rush has officially begun.I'm hoping more peeps will talk about their list of presents to be  Cheesy.As for me I don't know if we're having christmas or not  Sad.We got sorta bad news  a couple of weeks ago.My mom's mammogram came back inconclusive  Sad.So that means more tests.Right now I have a list of to do things a mile long.But I dont feel like doing or tackling anything right now  Cry.Anyway hope everyone else can get their presents done in time  Roll Eyes.

It's only 110 days & counting people.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

look at wists for my likes & dislikes
wewilltaketothesea
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2010 09:03:49 AM »

Does anyone else struggle with trying to keep the things you make down in price? I try to make presents so I can be thrifty and save money but I worry sometimes that I end up spending more than I would buying it outright!

I know how you feel! I worry about that too sometimes. I have been trying to buy more supplies in bulk and using them for a few people's presents (like making a few different bags/pillows/aprons for different friends and family using the same fabric-- if they don't know each other they will never know it's the same fabric!). Another thing I often have trouble with is buying supplies only to realize I already have them buried in my craft room. So I am trying to plan things out better before I go to the craft store. It's so easy to get to the craft store and just fill up your basket with sheer excitement! I did make one mistake recently: I started a knitted cowl thing for my sister using this really pretty organic yarn I found... only to realize it will probably take 3 skeins, and it is just too expensive to buy two more skeins of this yarn. So I'll probably have to start over with something cheaper. If anyone knows of any sites with nice quality yarn that is around $6 or $7 a skein, I'd be happy to know it!

I'm SO excited to get started on Christmas crafts. Good luck with all your crafting, everybody!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dancedupapillon
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2010 09:41:34 AM »

I think the best plan of action is to bust that stash!  For me, that means my brother is getting art for his new place, and my boyfriend is probably getting something similar.  I'm going to make salt-dough ornaments from stuff I have in my pantry, maybe some recycled jean quilts, wrist warmers with all the sock yarn I have, that kind of thing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jamais sans mes ciseaux.
TwistedTruth
Craft Addict

Riddle me this...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2010 08:00:41 PM »

Well, I'm mostly doing a lot of handmade items, that's for sure! Well, I'm trying at least... I'm not sure what I want to do anymore... I'm so broke it's not funny.
(work in progress, finished)

Boyfriend - ornament, stocking, stuffers for stocking, a One Piece embroidered pillowcase, zune case, a better DS case, something Zelda-y, something Big Bang Theory-y...
Mom - unknown
Dad - Mater (yes from Cars) cross stitch
Sister - Alien "Facehugger" pillow, Rapunzel scarf
Aunt/Uncle (dad) - 'Nice Cock' cross stitch and framed
Cousin (B) - Piranha Plant scarf (inspired from here)
Cousin (A) - Kerroppi ami
Cousin (A)'s Hubby - Big Bang Theory cross-stitch or a crochet version of the cast (all inspired here)
Cousin (A)'s kids - Princess cups, Tinkerbell toys for each; Kid 1 is getting a Luigi ami, Kid 2 is getting a dino ami
Cousin (B)'s kids - Toy Story 3 toys; cross stitch Megaman for both
The rest of the family are probably just going to get little candy baskets... I'm not sure yet. Plus "professional" couple's holiday photo...
Friend 1 - nerd... Not so sure... Mario cross stitch?

My boyfriend didn't want me to put up my tree. (We live together in a studio apartment), but I quickly smooshed that! I do want some more personalized ornaments and I'm dying to know how to make the super cute yarnball ornament, but I don't think I'm trying hard enough to find it yet...
He's never had a stocking. Where I'm from, mine was like 2'x1.5' wide... So... I want to spoil him with an awesome, awesome stocking! Something he'll love. He's a nerd, animation major, loves Flash and anything 2D-y...
If anyone has some yummy, especially diabetic friendly recipes for ANYTHING snack wise, that'd be fabulous!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010 07:13:30 PM by TwistedTruth » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Crafty Business Blog WARNING! <Probable> Spoilers | My Pinterest
MsMia

Christmas, Fall, and Winter Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2010 05:28:36 AM »

Does anyone else struggle with trying to keep the things you make down in price? I try to make presents so I can be thrifty and save money but I worry sometimes that I end up spending more than I would buying it outright!

Yeah I have this problem too, I find that it helps to plan early and shop sales and clearance racks, sometimes I can improvise on things I am making or just go in a different direction entirely.  I try to stay flexible.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MsMia

Christmas, Fall, and Winter Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2010 05:35:55 AM »

My list so far:

Sweetie - etched beer glasses
Kiddos -- pjs
Mom & Dad - Customized yard rocks made by the kids
neices and friends' DD - a variety headbands and hair bow clippies, monogrammed tees
boys - monogrammed tees
some friends - jewelry holder, jewelry, scented drawer sachets
local friends - baked goods/homemade snacks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dancedupapillon
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2010 09:03:52 AM »

Big edit!  My love has officially removed the danger of the sweater curse last night Cheesy  For Christmas, I'll be getting a ring (a little earlier, though) and he'll be getting a sweater.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jamais sans mes ciseaux.
aliasgracie
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2010 07:27:04 PM »

My list seems a lot longer!  We found out we are expecting!!!  Bun will arrive in May and now I am thinking baby crafts... gotta stay focused, even with morning sickness Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Common sense is the collection of prejudices
- Albert Einstein

50 things 6/50
Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2010 12:59:07 AM »

I am so behind.  Usually I have a good grasp of things and several items done by now.

MIL - just retired and started to crochet again, so probably a hook case, hooks, a project bag, and pattern book for afghans

FIL - desk organizer or something like that

(or for both of them a quilt with pics of their granddaughter and family pets)

Parents - They are hard to get for.  Probably not something homemade, but something practical.  Like more of the lotion they use on their dry skin.

BIL - perhaps a deer quilt or lapghan

SIL - aghan with pics of family pets and daughter

neice - dragon stenciled t shirt and lapghan with pics of the pets

neices on other side of family - afghans/tote bags

nephews - not sure yet

friends/family - homemade jellies, etched hurricanes, ice candles.  I have the master list somewhere.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
dancedupapillon
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2010 07:15:50 AM »

My list seems a lot longer!  We found out we are expecting!!!  Bun will arrive in May and now I am thinking baby crafts... gotta stay focused, even with morning sickness Smiley

Hooray, aliasgracie!  My fianc (it's so fun to say that word)'s cousin just let us know she's expecting and due in February or March, so I imediately started knitting baby booties.  I'm so excited!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jamais sans mes ciseaux.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Beef Teriyaki Part 2/2
How to Make Tuna Maki Part 1/2
How to Use Sake Lees
Making Langzhou Noodles
Making Kimchi with David Chang
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...