A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 306,355
Currently Running With Scissors:
376 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2010 What is everyone planning to make for Christmas?Officially Closed.  (Read 29758 times)
Tags for this thread: christmas , gift_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TheCuttingEtch
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2010 10:42:17 AM »

I whipped up some ornaments a few weeks ago. I etched 3" round clear glass balls. Thought they would make good gifts for my co-workers, especially if I put an initial one one side and Christmas 2010 on the other  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2010 07:14:59 AM »

Here's my list!

Husband - remote organizer for his recliner, bedside organizer, and wall art for his office at work

Son (9) - Mario wall art (<--started! Cheesy) and dragon ami

Daughter - more items for her dress up box (purse, jewelry and tiara) and a bunny ami

My Mom - quilted wall art piece of Sunbonnet Sue, matching earrings and necklace

My Dad - a patriotic needlework piece, peach preserves and fudge

Husband's parents - wall art

My coworkers and kids' teachers - crocheted snowflake ornaments and a jar of apple butter (I'm the dept. head so I always make them something. Wink )
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010 09:20:11 AM by Troublet » THIS ROCKS   Logged
amc-
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2010 08:23:34 AM »

My FH and I are cutting our Christmas list down the middle. I'm taking the women and him the men.

All the ladies in my life (my Mom, MIL, Step-MIL and SIL) will be getting lap quilts. Each in their favourite colour.

The teenage girls in my life (My sister (14), my neices (13 and 19)) will be getting headbands.

The little girls (My neice (3) and a friends daughter (3)) are both getting backpacks.

I'm not sure about the FH yet. We're just doing one large present plus our stockings.

Plus my babies (a puppy, bunny and kitty).

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Waiting on the Walking Dead Swap (SIGN UPS OPEN!)

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=437011.0
KristenLynn
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2010 11:48:13 PM »

I am making all homemade gifts this year.  Being as I am in college I don't have much money to do lots of gift shopping.  I have TONS of material and need a few ideas!!! PLEASE HELP!

My boyfriend is the worst of all- he is into hunting, fishing, and anything outdoorsy.... He also love JOHN DEERE and helping on a friends farm..... I got a lot of camo fabric, but I do not know anything to do with it.

His kids are second in the difficulty I am having- They are just like their father, but have grown out of all the younger kid things to do.  They are 7 and 10... No longer like cars, spiderman, or anything
......... THE 7 Year old does love the zhu zhu pets and I was thinking of stuff for that.....
......... THE 10 Year old I was thinking of hunting clothes or something
---------- THEY BOTH LIKE LEGOS?

DAD is another hard one---- He likes drinking beer on his computer, the steelers, and four wheelers....
---- ONE THING I AM MAKING HIM IS A BEER COOLER TO TAKE TO OUR CAMP BECAUSE HE LOVES GOING AROUND TO ALL HIS FRIENDS CAMPS AND NEEDS A COOLER TO TAKE WITH HIM------ Of course, he is putting me through college and deserves a lot more.......

MOM is semi easy---- she likes the steelers, coffee, and cleaning
--- I am making her an apron for her dish liquid and she loves the sweeper we got her last year for x mas so I was thinking of a cover for it..... any tutorials?
---- also I made her steelers cup placemats (for lack of a better word)----also, thinking of making a few with pictures of the family in them as well-----
SHE SUPPORTS ME IN EVERYTHING I DO SO PLEASE HELP ME THINK OF THINGS MOTHERS LOVE!!!!!

BROTHER---- JUST LIKE BOYFRIEND---- loves GUNS and HUNTING!!!!!..........

FRIENDS--- all getting purses, wallets, and a few surprises---- Few on craftster so SHHHHHH lol

PETS--- all getting toys.... Any ideas where to find squeekers?

COUSINS--- all getting quilts.... I got one when I was young and still have it to this day!!!--- nice suprise
-----ONE SPECIAL cousin loves science and history... needs more than a quilt.... HELP!!!... he loves the beach and lives in erie during the summer and goes to the islands every winter!!!!!!!!!......

Aunts------ MAYBE APRONS for dish soap matching their kitchens?Huh?
----- ANOTHER SPECIAL aunt--- let me live with her for my summer job..... needs a little something special
her kitchen is done in island theme and she travels to scandals/beaches resort a lot???

THIS ROCKS   Logged
lauriegirl18
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2010 09:11:29 AM »

I don't have everyone planned yet but my nephews (3 -ages 2,5,6) and neice (age 6) are all getting quilted animal blanets. They are going to be HUGE. My sister in law is getting an apron, oven mitts, coasters (she loves to cook) and possible homemade soap and spa things (like hair wrap, bath salts, etc.). My brother is getting pj pants and screenprinted shirts (we have jokes about twilight, yes I am a huge fan and he makes fun of me, so I am screenprinting shirts of the jokes) I haven't decided for the rest of the family yet. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Immaculata
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2010 11:25:27 AM »

I'm making a lot of cross stitch cards. This year, my goal is to be finished by December 1 because last year I was making cards up until Christmas Eve! I drove to my aunt to deliver her card just before darkness fell.

- for my grandmother and my elderly aunt and uncle; religous themed cards from a kit from Black Rose Designs. They are pretty modern though - they're assisi designs (where you only stitch the background, not the image itself) one with the Virgin Mary holding her baby boy, the other one Mary and Joseph and the donkey on their way to Bethlehem. I'm almost done with the first one, only a couple of stitches left.

- the free card kit that's coming with the next issue of the UK Cross Stitcher

- 2 designs on linen by DMC, working on 1 of them

- My aunt is crazy about Tatty Teddy so I'm stitching a TT christmas design for her, I'm going to make a felt frame for it instead of making a card so she can put it up again next year if she wants to.

- I'm looking for or designing a special christmas card for my needlework teacher, I'm looking for a rare technique and a special design.

Things that are not cards :

- I'm still working on some tree ornaments that I started last year - I finished & used 4 of them last year but still 6 to go

- I promised my grandmother to stitch a table runner for her, if it's done by December I might give it to her as a gift

- As a joke, I'm going to knit 4 tiny socks for the cat because my dad always complains the cat gets cold feet when we leave the doors open.

I'm not sure yet what I'm going to make for most other people, or if i'm going to make something at all. Most of my relatives don't really appreciate home made gifts. I'm totally ok with that, but I'm not going to spend time on making something that isn't going to be appreciated.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kylie

My craftyish blog http://somthinsomthin.tumblr.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2010 09:24:03 PM »

I have started my list - i do crochet and have just started sewing so keen to sew lots of gifts!! There are a whole lot of men in my family - so hard sometimes to find things to make that they will actually like.

ML -
bro in law 1 - (oldest) no idea yet
sister in law 1 - a bag probibly
bro in law 2 - not sure - maybe a yoga mat holder bag thing
sister in law 2 - maybe a bag as well - or i was thinking a jewelery roll
bro in law 3 - no idea
sister in law 3 - a bag or apron
bro in law 4 - probably some badges for his juice bar

nephew 1 (2) Thinking of trying to make a t shirt
nephew 2 (4)Thinking of trying to make a t shirt
nephew 3 (20) He loves scott pilgrim so I am trying to work out some kind of scott pilgrim related thing - a ami or something - any suggestions welcome!
niece (13) - Maybe some cushions for her room?, or a bag or something - she is easy - loves little stuffies and stuff.

Dad - errrrr - maybe a photo album full of photos of his first grandson?
Dads wife - have made her a bag for her birthday so ......... a cloth wallet maybe? don't think she would use it. so back to the drawing board on that one.
step brother 1 - no idea
step brother 2 - no idea

gran - I made her some handwarmers last year which she loved - maybe a scarf or something - she lives in england so has a cold christmas (i am in nz)
grans husband - not sure

Do people post pictures on here of stuff they have finished? I would love to see the finished products of some of this stuff or even a link to where it is posted on craftster.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Subscribe to my blog - http://somthinsomthin.tumblr.com/
Willowe
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2010 10:04:11 PM »

And I'm back with yet another updated list. Not a lot of work done, but I've made quite a few changes and I'm hoping I have everyone figured out now.

Red = Started working on it
Done

Dad- Panda bread
Mom- Fleece scarf with rice heat pack in it
Nana/Papa- GD lap blanket
Older sister- Supernatural and LotR cross-stitches
Younger sister- Cosmetic case
Grandma- Three teacup candles
Grandpa- Socks
Aunt- Gathered pouch

Friend #1- Fingerless gloves
Friend #2- Journal
Friend #3- Journal
Friend #4- Pencil roll (for storing pencils, pens, etc.) and socks
Friend #5- Pencil roll

Friend of a friend- Ezio doll
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010 08:20:06 AM by Willowe » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
     -None Smiley

My Etsy
My Pinterest
damedremel
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2010 09:06:43 AM »

This year I am making:
Wine Cork Horse ornaments for sale and as gifts as we are overrun with wine corks still

I found the tute for the Pop can stars here ( which I think is brilliant) so am making Redneck Windchimes using British Columbia's favourite Redneck Beer cans - "Lucky" to make the stars out of - trying to come up with a short catchy phrase to dremel into the piece of wood I will hang them onto - something like " I love my lucky stars" ?? ... requires more thought. I have been making the windchimes to sell but until now just hung the empty cans and dremelled "Redneck windchime" on the wood ( N's backwards, of course)

I love the idea for felted soaps - so want to play around with that idea  - bought some roving with the idea of learning to use my drop spindle but felting soaps sounds way more easy and hopefully more instantly gratifying.

I also discovered a knitting pattern for a bathmat using ripped sheet strips so am off and running on that - but need to figure out a way to put a little colour in them as I was gifted with 2 garbage bags of white sheets ( 50/50 blend) - looking at dyeing beforehand or some sort of tie-dye/batik application on the made ones. Made my own mega needles by purchasing a Dowel from Hardware store and sanding tips on belt sander ( worked amazingly well)

What a wonderful topic to be able to browse through to get inspired. I'm getting pumped for Xmas !!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
annieandchiquita
Crafting Addict; no speciality

Darn picture :(

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2010 05:35:33 AM »

Updated list:

Felt food
Finger puppets
Family & Friends photo memory cards (I think I found them on here somewhere, I've been thinking about them for almost a year now  Cheesy)
Dominoes
PJ's
Lounge pants - Just need elastic, forgot to buy today :/
Crayon Roll
A few applique tops

And something else, I don't know what yet though!!

For my princess, who will have just celebrated her 1st birthday
* Felt blocks
* A felt book (def inspired by some amazing crafters here!!!)
* Lounge pants - just need elastic, plus one more pair to make Smiley
* A couple of pinafores in size 1 - one down, a few more to go hopefully!
* Crayon roll - because she'll be starting to draw too!
* Appliqued onsies
* Hair clip holder (one on a canvas, with ribbons, like this one
* And hair clips to go with the holder, of course. - I bought my stuff and made these today - OMG, addictive!!! Highly rec to anyone with a hot glue gun Cheesy
* Maybe a few dresses too, we'll see how we go

Doing well so far, but the main part to each of their pressies still hasn't been started xD (The kitchen!) About to order the patterns for the felt food Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wifey
Mama
Crafter Cheesy

Currently swapping -
Back to Hogwarts: Sent!

Breathless Waiting for Breaking Dawn: Planning, purchasing and crafting Cheesy Not a minute too late, right? Such a last minute crafter...
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Carve a Scaredy Cat Pumpkin
DIY Treat Bags for Halloween
How to Carve Pumpkins With Bette Midler
Baby Sushi Halloween Costume Tutorial
Tori Spelling Shares Tasty Halloween Craft Ideas
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...