A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 299,130
Currently Running With Scissors:
490 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2010 What is everyone planning to make for Christmas?Officially Closed.  (Read 29689 times)
Tags for this thread: christmas , gift_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Alexus1325
« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2010 09:58:51 AM »

Wow, some of you guys are really ambitious! I'm kinda freakin' out, myself. What with only 7 weeks left!

I'm hoping to make lumberjack hats for my boyfriend and my brother (and let's be honest, I want one, too.  Merry Christmas, self).

I"M SO STEALING YOUR IDEA!!!! Except not quite, my boyfriend doesn't wear hats much, and I don't know how much use it'd get... Anyways, my list, just to feel included Tongue

Boyfriend: Lumberjack hat??? I even ASKED him what he'd like and he's clueless.
Boyfriend's brother: shirt stenciled with something Japanese-y (and I'm also ordering him some ramune soda)
Boyfriend's sister: possibly a purse or simple tunic top, but DEFINITELY a shoe candy dish like this one, except her style and my crafting skill level
http://www.etsy.com/listing/37325290/hot-pink-mama?ref=v1_other_1
Boyfriend's sister's boyfriend: was gonna be a crocheted toque in green camo yarn, but I'm liking the lumberjack hat instead...
Boyfriend's dad: flannel shirt (DONE! it's green tie-dye with moose buttons)
Boyfriend's mom: crocheted sweater
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70488AD.html?noImages=

My own family does potluck gifts, so I have 3 crocheted beverage cozies already done. I'm kinda liking the idea some of you have of making heat bags. Small ones to pre-warm your boots are handy! I may even make them animal shaped Cheesy

ACK! Forgot the boyfriend's grandmother! She's a wonderful lady and deserves a good gift. I saw someone mention teacup candles, so I'm adding that here so I don't forget Tongue
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010 10:02:05 AM by Alexus1325 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

shastaw2006
« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2010 10:01:54 PM »

My list:

My Husband: I will be screen printing various nerdy t-shirts like this. He is also getting new essentials, socks and underwear and such. I'm still trying to figure a few more things out.

Mom: Ice chest stocked with homemade frozen meals. I will be getting this ice chest along with this Pyrex set. I may look for older, vintage Pyrex if I can get the lids separately on eBay, because I have heard claims of the newer Pyrex shattering. I will make OAMC meals along with frozen cookie dough balls and frozen jar pies. The OAMC meals will be made in the Pyrex and then popped out once frozen, so that the frozen casserole can be cooked in the Pyrex but all the dishes are not stuck in the freezer. I will be working on a list of food to include.

I am also making her a shadow box of my great-grandmother's sewing items, including a thread holder. The thread holder takes the old wooden spools so I am wrapping the spools with a single layer of thread in various colors. I've been working on this for the past year- I meant to give it to her last year!

Step-Dad: Home made Farmhouse Cheddar Cheese, home made salami, and homemade mustard. I will also include a nice wooden cutting board (like this) along with this santoku knife.

MIL: a decorative plate with a picture of my husband and his two siblings when they were children (tutorial)
A glass teapot along with some flowering teas

FIL: The salami, cheese and mustard kit from before, but without the cutting board or knife
A gift certificate for a truck detailing

My Aunt: Frozen meals, same as my mom.

My Brother: Not sure yet.

My Cousin: He is leaving for boot camp in January so I will be putting together a stationary kit with stamps and a nice zippered binder.

His Sister: A car detailing gift cert and her favorite See's candy

His BIL: The food kit from earlier (salami, mustard, cheese)

His Brother: Booze of some sort. DH is leaning towards ginger alcohol.

My Grandma: Home made bows and matching leashes for her new Shiatsu puppy.

His Grandma: Not sure yet, probably a blanket or scarf and mitten set

His Niece (14): Her last name is Watkins, so we are getting old glass Watkins bottles and refilling them with good lotions and such. We are also getting her cold cream and making lip balm and such, all in variations on the Watkins theme.

His nephews (9): They will each be getting their own pirate style chests. We changed this to the Klutz Encyclopedia of Immaturity books, vol. 1 and vol. 2.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2010 07:42:39 PM by shastaw2006 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
LadyLeitzen

feisty cat lurves roving

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2010 11:59:45 AM »

time to modify a few things!

Green = added/changed
Blue = started
Red = Done!

hubby - space invaders tapestry crochet scarf & black/grey striped glittens
SIL - sparkly lace crochet beaded scarf (check it out here)
brother - homemade barbecue sauce
grandma - crochet lace shawl
MIL - elf sippers or possibly the scrappy shawl i've been working on?
FIL - cabled wool scarf
SIL #2 - crochet ruffly scarf
niece - chunky yarn crochetMe "five spice" hat
SIL #3 - tea towels
SIL #4 - flannel sleep shorts (i got the cutest smiley toast and jelly flannel!)
BIL - doctor who clock
BIL #2 - homemade barbecue sauce
friend - knit kit (combo needle roll and notions holder)
friend's hubby - homemade barbecue sauce
friend #2 - knit kit
friend #2's daughter - fuzzy "paper bag" hat with pompoms!

friend #2's son - fuzzy earflap hat
friend #2's hubby - homemade barbecue sauce

i may not get everything done.  Huh
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010 12:04:43 PM by LadyLeitzen » THIS ROCKS   Logged

DEri6n
« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2010 05:03:54 PM »

I decided to make pretty much everything for Christmas this year since I'm a poor university student. Of course, because of school, I also can't really start until December, so it'll be quite the rush. Seeing that some of you are worried about finishing after starting in September, I'm getting more than a little nervous myself, hehe.

Mom: Altered puzzle wall art (She seems to collect things to hang on the walls and always complains that I don't make crafty gifts for her, so it's the perfect solution)
Dad: Book of suggestions for the uses of bacon rum, including drink recipes, but mostly gag ideas (We made some last month and.. he's not the biggest fan Tongue)
Brother: Book of inspirational quotes, thoughts, etc. (He's not big on commercial holidays, but I figure he can't complain about something like this)

Boyfriend: Probably buying something since he doesn't seem to be a big fan of homemade things anyway
His Mom: Magazine strip wall art
His Aunt: Magazine strip wall art (His mom and aunt live together so I figured I'd make them a matching set)
His Cousin: Homemade journal
Him & His Brothes: Side table inset with pixel art of one of the original final fantasy sprites (This is my big project that won't be finished until the spring since resin doesn't like winter, but they'll still get to see what I do get done).
His Dad & Dad's Wife: No idea; nothing too big, since I only see them a few times each year

Friend 1: Collage of bands/music videos/etc. with found poem using lyrics from songs that remind me of her
Friend 2: Homemade journal
Friend 3: Stuffed bat that was supposed to be finished for his birthday in August before school got in the way; also making him a Batman journal

As you can see, I took most of my inspiration from the paper crafts section this year.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010 03:52:56 PM by Gracewolf » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mrs. Awesome_Pants

Creative minds are rarely tidy.

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2010 12:12:49 PM »

Thought I'd update...

finished WIP

My list
--Rag rug for Mom's living room, in blue and white
--Lap afghan for fiance
--"Super Easy Recipes" cookbook for my boss
--Hairbows/barrettes for my goddaughters
--Felt name books for my goddaughters I REALLY want to do this, but I'm not sure how or if I have the time/materials...
--Lounge pants for my little brother
--Molded crayons for my little brother changing to chocolates/candy
--Laptop cases for my 2 school friends
--Brown/green/cream rag rug for Mom's bedroom
--Wool socks for fiance
--Something special for my other friend, who's getting married soon I'm thinking potholders/dishtowels, and other cooking-related stuff
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dnd4us
« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2010 05:00:45 PM »

I just completed an updated version of my retro advent calendar.

Cheers,

Calli
Make it Do
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CabinArts
« Reply #86 on: November 10, 2010 10:39:53 PM »

`SD`YU GWG
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Giggles
« Reply #87 on: November 11, 2010 12:29:02 AM »

I'm even more excited now. =]
I'm doing a mix of store-bought and crafted items so that I don't completely overwhelm myself.
My current life situation is incredibly odd due to the fact that the boyfriend of almost three years is now my ex.
He spoiled me though and now I'm retaliating a little.

Ex-Boyfriend:
Drummer, artsy. I've done a lot handmade for him already and he seems to enjoy it, but I'm not being all personal this year due to our changed state.
5G 16GB iPod, filled with music in a lovely wooden box i snagged.
decorated drumsticks (I've done a pair every Christmas)
fake cigs (he's picked up a bit of an addiction, it's all in good humor though)
simple journal
silkscreened tie
sleepy time tea & a sleep mask (he's always had sleeping issues)
truffles (mainly for his little bro)

Crazy Asian Bestie:
panda pillowcase (inside joke)
nut stash box
rasta bracelet
don't know what else yet, she's also very artsy and loves animals and reggae. oh and tattoos, and hula.

Boy I'm "Talking To":
I'm not sure what's going on with us, so I don't want to be too sentimental and give off the wrong idea.
He likes working out, manual labor, biking.
Maybe a rice heat bag? And I don't know what else.

Little Sister(8yo):
hit girl pillowcase
hair accessories/jewelry
coat
tutu/dress

I want to get a typewriter and write out letters for a ton of people, casual friends, distant close friends, family.
And I'll probably do some type of baked good for the rest of my family.
I also need to think of gifts for my parents.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Art is amazing in any of its many forms.
Love is unexplainable.
Life is worth so much more than you can imagine.

Currently: In love with Daniel Donayre.
Reading: Johhny Got His Gun.
dancedupapillon
« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2010 07:34:34 AM »

Alright, updated list...

Mom: felted mittens (I have one knitted, so the other needs to be knitted and they need to be felted/embellished)
Sister: feather and fan scarf
Brother: Caramel corn, cookies, and other edibles
Dad: slippers?
Fianc: Hand painted bowl or coffee mug, caramel corn, Christmas stocking...

Fianc's mom and dad: edible goodies and/or ornaments of some kind
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jamais sans mes ciseaux.
karaann07
« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2010 10:19:05 AM »

Husband and I are going to buy each other a laptop. That I will use for school.  And that he can use when I let him. Ha ha.

I'm only doing a few crafted items so that I don't overwhelm myself this year!

DD1: TOYS!
DD2: BABY TOYS and clothes.
Various nieces and nephews: TOYS TOYS TOYS
Mom: DD1 and I will make her a "stained glass" votive, along with some cookies
Dad: I'm not sure! I'll have to read through some of the ideas on here to see what you all are making and see if I can adapt anything so DD1 and I can make him something together. He is a big coffee drinker, so maybe I'll paint a mug, or have a photo mug printed up of the girls?
Godmother for DD1: Another "stained glass" votive. These two are very close, and I know her Godmother will treasure this.
Godmother for DD2: stilllll thinking! The baby is only 8 months, so I'm not sure. Maybe I'll make a handprint ornament for Godmother's tree??
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Silk Tie Dyed Easter Eggs
Gabby_Giffords_Sizzle_Lock_MM
DIY Noodle Jewelry
How to Use a Kindness Jar
Use Natural Dyes for Easter Eggs
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...