A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 313,043
Currently Running With Scissors:
395 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2010 What is everyone planning to make for Christmas?Officially Closed.  (Read 34834 times)
Tags for this thread: christmas , gift_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
Vibrant Designs

...is striving to be a Proverbs 31 woman...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: November 21, 2010 09:48:56 AM »

I don't have the time to read all through these but if my  list helps anyone else with their ideas, then well, good.
Items in red are done.
Mom-fabric yo yo framed flag art Huh? (did ya get that?), chapstick cozi keychain, and whatever else I can think of before the big day.
Dad-business card wallet, still working on this.
MIL-crocheted maryjane slippers (worked out something with a friend who crochets, because I don't!)
FIL-?Huh I leave this up to my hubs
5 yr old son-secret hiding place blanket, winter hat, pretend mail box with accesories, jammie pants, pvc sling chair
3 yr old daughter-pretend n play diaper bag with accesories, pretend n play bassinet, pillow buddy, blanket, jammies, keykalou wallet (she loves mine!), winter hat, pvc sling chair
1 yr old-sock monkey, winter hat, felt food?, jammies, pvc sling chair
hubby-fleece hoodie, magnetic spice rack (he cooks and loves it),
sister 37 yrd old-maryjane crocheted slippers, chapstick cozy keychain, business card wallet, keykalou clutch, various other small items that I make to go into her gift basket
brother 40 years old-movie buff gift basket (will include gc to theater, popcorn, drinks, favorite college t-shirt
niece 3 yr old-pretend n play diaper bag with accesories and pretend n play bassinet. 
nephews 7 and 9-pvc sling chair (personalized), a purchased gift/toy
a couple friends-purses

I've made a list of gift ideas with links to their tutorials if it's of any help to anyone. 

« Reply #111 on: November 21, 2010 11:56:51 AM »

Quick update. I've actually moved beyond planning now, so it's nice to see so much is done, but then I went and added four more people. Tongue I wound up buying a few things, too, to save on time, but they're crafted by others, so I guess they still kind of count?

Yet to start

Mom: Altered puzzle wall art; Quilt panel pillow using fabric she upholstered our chairs with; Finger-knit scarf; painting; oil diffuser
Dad: Book of suggestions for the uses of bacon rum, including drink recipes, but mostly gag ideas (might still make a pamphlet version if I have time); Keith Richards biography he's been wanting; Gran Turismo 5
Brother: Book of inspirational quotes, thoughts, etc. Set of handmade wine dressings; latest Hitchhiker's Guide book

Boyfriend: Quilt panel pillow to match the rag quilt I made him; new touque; painting; shaker and shot glass with measurements
His Mom: Magazine strip wall art Tea; interesting, out-of-the-norm recipes
His Aunt: Magazine strip wall art Owl-themed journal
His Cousin: Halloween-themed journal
His Brothes: Side table inset with pixel art of one of the original final fantasy sprites (I'll be doing this in the spring instead); Handmade chocolates
His Dad & Dad's Wife: Still no idea; nothing too big, since I only see them a few times each year (They won't be here, so I don't have to worry about it after all)

Friend 1: Collage of bands/music videos/etc. with found poem using lyrics from songs that remind me of her Hockey-themed journal; Tampa Bay jersey ornament
Friend 2: Homemade journal Fleece Slytherin scarf
Friend 3: Plush Batman bat
Friend 4: Poster that says "Hello" in several languages (for when she's done her practicum or during, too, really)
Friend 5: Old English grammar book (he's becoming an English teacher); pumpkin juice mix; weird recipes he may like
Friend 6: Music-themed journal
Friend 7: Fleece scarf in his favourite colours
Friends 8 & 9: Pokemon quilt panel pillow
Secret Santa: Tiny stuffed dragon
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010 03:18:19 AM by Gracewolf » THIS ROCKS   Logged
« Reply #112 on: November 22, 2010 07:49:43 PM »

Oy vey. In an effort to simplify my life I am baking for everyone. I'm also baking because I figure most people have enough crap in their homes....but I'm still making some other stuff for family.

So here is the plan:

Mike/Husband: I have no idea. I'm making him give me inspiration
Mom: Maybe some house socks?
Dad: Crocheted wool hat
Rick/Brother: Um...
Greg/Brother: Something owl related
Greg's GF: Scottish cakes, cookies
Dad's Wife: Scottish cakes, cookies
MotherInLaw: Scottish cakes, cookies
^'s Roommate: Scottish cakes, cookies
BrotherInLaw: Flannel scarf
^'s Fiance: Flannel scarf
BrotherInLaw: Um...
^'s Wife: No idea, but I can't bake for her because she had gastric bypass
Niece: Cookies, Necklace
Nephew: Cookies, Flannel Scarf
Secret-Santa/Aunt Maria: Scottish cakes, probably jewelry
Lauren/Friend: Scottish cakes, cookies
Kelly+Steve/Friends: Scottish cakes, cookies
Marisa/Friend: Scottish cakes, cookies
Leech/Friend: Scottish cakes, cookies
Banchs/Friend: Scottish cakes, cookies

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #113 on: November 24, 2010 11:28:34 AM »

Of my skimpy list, I'm doing a combination of crafting, buying, and buying handmade. I also like to get books, because I'm trying to save the publishing industry single handedly.

CRAFTING: oven mitts and potholders with teapot fabric (she doesn't cook much, but loves a classy kitchen!);
BUYING: Hey's carry-on luggage with a fancy pattern
.... no buying handmade, since the luggage is pricey! I may add some "coupons" for me to help when she wants it though.

Sister (20)
CRAFTING: travel mug/cup cozy that suits warm weather (her travel mug wears a "sweater" and so she won't use it in the warm months, and steals mine instead!), 1920's-style fascinator/hairclip?;
BUYING HANDMADE: Definitely shopping Etsy for nice knits or jewellery;
BUYING: this and that, possibly thrifted. There's already a book!

BUYING HANDMADE: Christy's Crunch chocolate, from the chocolatier my sister just did graphic design for
BUYING: mini knife with leather case; socks? (sounds lame, but he always asks for socks); ... some motorcycle part he will probably ask for?
.... any other ideas for my dad, who likes fly-fishing, pipe smoking, reading sci-fi's and westerns, wood carving, and big motorcycles??? He also just bought a house.

Boyfriend (25)
CRAFTING: stencilled shirt (need to figure out proper design - he seemed to love the Batman one I made him for his birthday last year); possibly a mug/travel mug with a tall ship painted on it; a picture frame with a photo of us?
BUYING HANDMADE: Another Christy's Crunch, and I did just get a book for him from the author himself (that kind of counts).
BUYING: Bath towels, since he only owns one, and the game Mousetrap that he loves to talk about.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010 11:29:24 AM by psyche » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #114 on: November 24, 2010 12:12:57 PM »

Nope, you're not alone Psyche! Everyone (including myself even if I buy my own books!) gets a themed box o' books. My kids also get a toy that goes along with the theme. My 10 yr old son is getting How to Train Your Dragon books with a dragon ami and my 4 yr old daughter is getting Princess books with a Princess Me ami. Cheesy

feisty cat lurves roving

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 24, 2010 08:29:20 PM »

i know the lists are so long, and i don't really read them through all the way myself but it's awesome to see people crossing stuff off and making progress! it's motivation for me to get my butt in gear!

speaking of lists, mine have changed sooooo many times i'm starting over. again.

red - started
green - finished

hubby - tunisian crochet space invaders scarf

mom - purchased jacket
dad - purchased bbq toys and homemade bbq sauce

brother - rams shopping bag and homemade bbq sauce

beth - beaded crochet scarf

grandma - beaded crochet shawl
cousin - cupcake apron

mom - knit basketweave scarf

dad - crochet cable scarf
mandy - quilted tea towel

mike - homemade bbq sauce
niece - chunky yarn slip stitch hat
other niece and nephew - purchased sleds
nick - russian tea cakes
lizzie - knit cable cowl or necklace
valerie - ruffled crochet scarf
eric - doctor who clock
sarah - flannel smiley-toast shorts
caitlin - purchased knitting book & nice needles
aidan - purchased kitchen gadgets

kate - bazinga cross stitch

ryan - homemade bbq sauce
jen - doily shirt

brett - homemade bbq sauce
lily - square fuzzy pom pom hat

jack - thomas the train apron

whew. looks like i have more work to do!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010 08:50:45 PM by LadyLeitzen » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

« Reply #116 on: November 25, 2010 09:22:59 AM »

My Updated list! Smiley

Husband - remote organizer for his recliner, bedside organizer, and wall art for his office at work (Xstitch DAD in binary...he's a comuter geek!)

Son (9) - Mario wall art (<--started!) and dragon ami

Daughter - more items for her dress up box (purse, jewelry and tiara) and an ami

My Mom - quilted wall art piece of Sunbonnet Sue, matching earrings and necklace

My Dad - a patriotic needlework piece, peach preserves and fudge

Husband's parents - wall art

My coworkers and kids' teachers - crocheted snowflake ornaments and a jar of apple butter (I'm the dept. head so I always make them something.)
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #117 on: November 26, 2010 09:20:03 AM »

It's my first year teaching, so most of my gifts are being purchased from Etsy this year.

Husband: Golden Dawn tarot deck, a few movies, some William Blake books. I want to make him something, but I'm not sure what.

Father-in-law: box of fancy wood scraps for his new carving hobby (I think I found this on Amazon)

Mother-in-law: set of popcorn spice shakers from Etsy (next year I'll have a crack at making these). Maybe we'll buy a cow for an African family too, she's mentioned liking that idea.

Sister-in-law: We're going to the used bookstore and finding her a set of Jane Austen books. I might try to make this a theme basket with a quote pillow and jewelry, too.

Brother-in-law: mulberry jam from Etsy

Aunt: I may try to make cranberry vodka. I think I'm brave enough and I have heard great things about it! Homemade vanilla extract is another idea.  She might like the cow-for-Africa plan too.

Nonnie: She's elderly and her stomach is failing her, so we'll probably take her to a vegan restaurant. Get her a gift certificate and so on. Gluten-free baked goods might be nice, but I'm not sure where to start. Anyone have a great gluten-free recipe?

Mom: cow-for-Africa

Dad: The Shop Around the Corner movie, at his request

Brother: Something off his wishlist that my husband will choose (they hit it off better than my brother and I ever did)

Sister: I knit her some elbow-length cabled armwarmers, and I want to make her a studying kit for college with post its, highlighters, pens, candy and tea.

Best Friend: Spice mix set from Etsy and knitted spats I will make myself (she loves the steampunk aesthetic). ETA: I was looking at older threads and found the greatest idea: FRIDGE SCRABBLE! Print the tiles and board online, attach magnets and laminate, and suddenly competition is possible even in the kitchen! My friend will LOVE this. My husband refuses to play Scrabble with her anymore because she's such an awful winner. =)

Other Aunt: Popcorn spice mix, homemade vanilla

Grandma: Huh?

FOR EVERYONE: homemade gingerbread caramels/sea salt caramels/marshmallows
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010 09:46:43 AM by myloveasdeep » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Her dirty paws and furry coat,
She ran down the forest slope.
The forest of talking trees,
They used to sing about the birds and the bees.
The bees had declared a war,
The sky wasn't big enough for them all.

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 26, 2010 01:04:31 PM »

Hey Psyche!Just a few ideas for your dad  Smiley,How about making a box for his flys for fly-fishing .Then a box for his pipes & pipe smoking items.Maybe a journal for the books he's read with extra note-taking papers for characters,plots,etc.Maybe some stationary with cycles on it.As far as wood-carving how about some books ,patterns,or mags dealing with wood-carving.Just some ideas mind you  Grin.

look at wists for my likes & dislikes
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #119 on: November 26, 2010 07:50:35 PM »

I found this and thought you all might have use for it: a 15-day free trial for a program that converts a photo to a paint-by-number!

Her dirty paws and furry coat,
She ran down the forest slope.
The forest of talking trees,
They used to sing about the birds and the bees.
The bees had declared a war,
The sky wasn't big enough for them all.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Creating Mood with Gaussian Blur in Photoshop
Understanding Aspect Ratio for Printing
Windmill Post Processing
Color Range in Photoshop
How to Use Fit Image in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Spinach Feta Breakfast Quiche
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Asymmetric Cowl
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Felt Basket

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...