A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 300,875
Currently Running With Scissors:
623 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2010 What is everyone planning to make for Christmas?Officially Closed.  (Read 29767 times)
Tags for this thread: christmas , gift_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MaxParadise
« Reply #100 on: November 16, 2010 09:57:56 PM »

thanks! those sound supper yummy and i've always wanted to try making those chocolate dipped spoons!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And your scared to death that you are never going to come alive.

http://www.pintrest.com/dheartst
lydiaharper
« Reply #101 on: November 17, 2010 09:42:09 AM »

The skittles vodka is really easy to do.  I saw the tute on here, and hubby and I have made it a few times through out the year.

Amounts are not exact.....lol

We buy a big bottle of Vodka, 2 HUGE family sized bags of skittles, and (i think 6) jars to make and store it in.

Seperate the skittles by flavors into the jars, then add 1 1/2-2 cups of vodka to each jar. (I think the orginal recipe was 6 oz each flavor for 1 bag of skittles)

Put the lid on and SHAKE, SHAKE, SHAKE.  Let it sit for a little bit, the SHAKE, SHAKE, SHAKE again.  Keep repeating this until all the candy has dissolved.  It will have a pretty nasty looking white foam on it.  Just use some cheesecloth or coffee filters and strain it a few times.  Then it's ready to go.

This got us experimenting with other candy.  I love, LOVE blue raspberry jolly ranchers. LOL

HTH
Lydia
THIS ROCKS   Logged

karaann07
« Reply #102 on: November 17, 2010 12:59:47 PM »

Oh, a blanket for my dad of his favorite team.  Hmmm... That's a good plan! He has one quilt (which is older than dirt and I have no idea who made it!) that he uses to cover up with, but he needs a good, manly blanket, right? I really like that idea, too. Now I'm on idea overload for my dad!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
polkadotts

Life is good when your HEART's in the right place

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: November 17, 2010 01:21:41 PM »

I had no idea what I was doing for gifts this year. NOW!!! I do thanks to some of your ideas and thats only after ready the last couple of post. LOL!!! Gotta read thru all 11 pages now. You guys have some pretty AWESOME ideas!!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What's better than Pink, Butterflies, Glitter, Mermaids, Fairies & Angels......NOTHING!!!
Time to load up the Unicorn and head to the rainbow!!!
polkadotts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: November 17, 2010 01:28:00 PM »

Oh how I wish Craftster's was like facebook and had a "like" button. LOL!!! Sooo many great ideas
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What's better than Pink, Butterflies, Glitter, Mermaids, Fairies & Angels......NOTHING!!!
mistressH
glue gun weilding cowgirl

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2010 05:20:18 AM »

We are on a real budget this year!

One present for the kids each and then pretty much making sock monsters / monkeys for any children we need to give to and plaited scarves / rapunzel scarves for any females  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alexus1325
« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2010 11:14:03 PM »

A bit of an update:

DONE
IN PROGRESS

Boyfriend: Still no idea. Almost every idea I come up with is met with "That's really nice, hun, but I don't think I'd wear/use it much." *facepalm*

Boyfriend's brother: A shirt stenciled with "baka gaijin," which is Japanese for "stupid foreigner." He requested this.

Boyfriend's sister: Something cute but useful, like a purse or tunic top. And a possumtastic shoe candy dish like so:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/37325290/hot-pink-mama?ref=v1_other_1

Boyfriend's sister's boyfriend: I have silver-faced denim for the outside of a lumberjack hat, but I need some appropriate lining fabric.

Boyfriend's dad: Green flannel shirt with silver moose buttons.

Boyfriend's mom: I left her gift down to the wire last year because I couldn't think of a single darn thing to make for her! I made a knitting themed egg ornament with sequins on the outside, so this year she gets a variegated purple crocheted sweater
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70488AD.html?noImages=

Gramma Rae: I'm totally making her a teacup candle or three.

The Rattans (aunt/uncle/niece/nephew of the boyfriend): COOKIES! And maybe fudge.

My own family does potluck gifts, for which I already have some beverage cozies whipped up. But I'd like to make a few special gifts:

Mom: I reconned a blue shirt she left behind by accident Tongue It's now shibori dyed with purple and has a purple collar (that's her fave colour!). Also I made her a nightie with monkey-and-stars fabric and teal fabric that matches the stars.

Dad: He wears a tie every single work-day except Hawaiian days, so I'd like to make and stencil a couple of ties featuring his fave things (airplanes, rockets, vintage cars...)

Brother: Crocheted mohawk hat. I never gave him the last one because the felted wool 'hawk turned out horrible, so I cut it off and frogged the acrylic Tongue

Oy frackin vay, still so much to craft...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

polkadotts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: November 19, 2010 08:40:51 AM »

Alexus1325 those shoe candy dishes are beautiful. I made something similar awhile back   

but I put premixed cement in the toe and filled it with potpourri and called it shoe scents. Found the shoes at a thrift store for $1.00 cleaned the insides out with alcohol and padded it with felt before adding the cement and potpourri. I also did a boot that I gave away in the Pink and Girly Swap.       
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TwistedTruth
Craft Addict

Riddle me this...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: November 19, 2010 11:13:49 AM »

(work in progress, finished, not being done)

Boyfriend - ornament, stocking, stuffers for stocking, a One Piece embroidered pillowcase, 52 Reasons I Love You card book, zune case, a better DS case, something Zelda-y, something Big Bang Theory-y, Gummy Bears season one, "Couples Tshirt Quilt" We are not together anymore, but I did get a LOT done.
Parents- Disney coffee cups (Dad gets mater, mom gets Tigger), BAZINGA cross-stitch
Sister - Nail paint kit, ornament
Sister's Boyfriend - Colts Lanyard
Aunt/Uncle (dad) - 'Nice Cock' cross stitch and framed
Cousin (A) - Kerroppi ami
Cousin (A)'s Hubby - Big Bang Theory cross-stitch or a crochet version of the cast (all inspired here) or Cross-stitch
Cousin (A)'s kids - Princess Painting Books, How to Train Your Dragon coloring books, Princess cups, Tinkerbell toys for each; Kid 1 is getting a Luigi ami, Kid 2 is getting a dino ami
Cousin (B) and wife - Badtz Maru ami, Murloc ornament
Cousin (B)'s kids - Toy Story 3 toys; cross stitch Megaman for both
The rest of the family are probably just going to get little candy baskets... I'm not sure yet.

Friend E - Keyboard letter ornaments, 1UP mushroom ami
Friends A, M, S - chocolate chip and bacon cookies, peanut butter and bacon cookies
Friend P - Freddy Kruegar something (leaning towards: http://www.spencersonline.com/product/mz-ldd-freddy-krueger-1984/ )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Crafty Business Blog WARNING! <Probable> Spoilers | My Pinterest
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #109 on: November 20, 2010 04:30:14 AM »

Just updated my list! I'm doing pretty good at whittling away at my list this year. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Thinning Hair Restoration Solution
How to Curl Your Hair With Hot Rollers
4 Spring Hair Looks by Oscar Blandi
Oscar Blandi on Hair Trends and Fashion
Music Festival Hair Inspiration and Tips
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Super Easy Peppermint Bark
Handmade Gift Ideas: Grey & Plum Button Wreath
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...