A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,405
Currently Running With Scissors:
829 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: MANITOBA. Anything?  (Read 1826 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TriggerChick
A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

Hehe, Burn Baby Burn

View Profile
« on: May 04, 2005 03:58:53 PM »

I'm looking for somw cool places in manitoba. I live near winnipeg about an hour away. Any ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I call the ghost in my house Sly. Because he hides under my bed while I wake. But comes out while I sleep.
dig
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005 11:45:57 AM »

Depends on what you are looking for. For supplies, i love to visit the many thrift stores (we have an awesome virtually untapped supply of cheap midcentury modern stuff) and the ReStore http://www.habitat.mb.ca/restore.html. of course there's lewis craft and michael's too.

probably the best place for viewing other people's crafts would be artspace in the exchange district, and the farmer's markets in and around town during the summer months.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TriggerChick
A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

Hehe, Burn Baby Burn

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005 12:05:46 PM »

thanks. yeah, mainly I'm looking for thrift stores or funky craft shops for inspiration. lol, I am addicted to Value Village, it's like my second home!! lol, thanks for the link!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I call the ghost in my house Sly. Because he hides under my bed while I wake. But comes out while I sleep.
butyouregreen
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2005 09:51:47 AM »

THRIFTSTORES
The ValueVillages:
I prefer the Value Village in Garden City, as its closest to where I am coming from AND I believe, has the most to offer. I always find what I'm looking for there.

The Sally Anne's:
All good, always a bit dingier I find then Value Village.... also I find more expensive.
Oh, and the Sally Anne's that was on McPhillips is now moved nearer to Seven Oaks, where Canadian Tire used to be.

Goodwill DOWNTOWN:
The best I've been to. It's huge, upstairs and downstairs, incredibly cheap. I bought good condition red pumps there for 50 cents. Granted, it was a special sale day. *laughs* That day I was at Goodwill, I was wearing these incredibly ripped up jeans, and I go to pay for my stuff and the lady says, "You know, the jeans over there are half off too..." "Oh yeah." I say, naively. "I'll hold your stuff here at the counter if you just want to take a peek." "No, I'm good." "Are you sure? *looks down at my jeans*" "Yup!" I say brightly, having no idea what's going on... then I get out on the street and start walking to Ragpickers and I realize that the lady thought that all I had was my ripped up jeans. Sad

OTHER GREAT PLACES
RAGPICKERS ANTIFASHION EMPORIUM + BOOKS: great place, but expensive and most of the things are just for rent.
Anywhere downtown or in Oz is great.

Oz, behind the Legislative building. You won't miss it,the building is bright purply-blue.. Ask for Margaret and tell her Elise recommended you and you'll get a cheap price. Margaret is excellent and has great style. She's tall, round and has multicoloured hair. She'll give you a fun, creative cut everytime. Ask for the mountain range cut!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Afterlives of the Dead and Famous
Recovery Story: Burned, Blinded, and Blessed
Let the Sky Fall Trailer
The Life of John Hay, from Lincoln to Roosevelt
David Rotenberg on the Junction Chronicles
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...