A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,482
Currently Running With Scissors:
433 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: casserole carrier  (Read 2239 times)
Tags for this thread: casserole_carrier  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lady_41701
« on: March 27, 2010 06:29:48 PM »

I posted this in the occasions and holiday section  for Mother's Day because I made this for my Mom for a mother's day gift. Thought you might would like to see it in this section to.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=342609.0
This link is for a round/oblong carrier, with tute.
I also made one to fit a 9x13 cake pan.

This one is made from recycled sheets, a bath towel for liner and there is wooden dowel across the long sides under the handle so that it supports and holds shape.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010 06:33:21 PM by lady_41701 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
rossie
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010 09:26:51 PM »

That's rather clever!  It would make a nice gift too - a casserole dish, full of yummy goodness and even a carrier to hold it.  Hmm... I might have to use this idea, if you don't mind Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog of fairy tale pretties:  http://summerfaire.com/
lady_41701
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010 10:44:28 PM »

Hey thanks for the added idea  Wink to fill the dish with goodies before passing along!
Believe it or not I hadn't really thought of the food....hehehehe Thanks a million
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Blue Rose
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010 05:48:57 AM »

neat idea Grin

I wonder how it holds up if the load is not heaviest in the middle? Like a half filled casserole? Will it tip over to one side?
That could be fixed by attaching the handles to the "armpits" of the cross shape, so when it is folded up, the handles are attached to the four corners?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Germanica

Martha Stewart powers - ACTIVATE!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010 05:25:56 PM »

Does it help keep the food in the dish warm? I want an insulated carrier. It this works, then I might just make one instead of buying one  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Condo Blues http://condo-blues.blogspot.com/ Green living, crafts, decor and dogs from the Frugal Green DIY Diva.

Lazy Budget Chef http://lazybudgetchef.blogspot.com Real food, real quick, for real budgets

Follow me on Twitter! @condoblues
lady_41701
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010 09:28:13 PM »

A few answers....
I haven't really noticed that it will "tip to one side 1/2 filled" because there is wooden dowl running lengthwise where the handles are and the handles are centered for balance (but  I hardly ever return with food). If it did try to go heavy on one end your dish is secured with the inner flaps that have tie straps. Thanks for bringing up that point.

This one does a pretty good job at keeping things warm because it's actually lined. This one is 3 layers thick. The top and bottom fabric and I lined it with a terry bath towel. So with the 2 layers of cotton fabric and the towel in the center it makes it pretty thick. I guess it would depend on your fabric/ lining choice as to how well it holds heat. I made this from stash on hand supplies (hence the recycled lining...hehhehe). These materials make it machine washable friendly too. Just remember to slide out the dowl before tossing in the wash.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bffmod
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010 12:06:39 AM »

Nice! This would be great for potlucks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rorbot
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010 06:44:04 PM »

What a great idea, I'm going to have to make one. I suppose if one were really worried about the food staying really warm we could line it with that stuff used in oven mitts...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wanderlust

Love never fails

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010 04:25:05 AM »

Awesome. Totally neccesary, but I never thought about making one. Would be a very nice bridal shower gift.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love is patient, Love is kind, It does not envy; it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude it is not self-seeking it is not easily angered it keeps no record of wrongs. love does not delight in evil but rejoices in the truth It always protects always trusts, always hopes, always perserveres
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Photograph Kids
How to Photograph Objects
How to Photograph a Sequence
How to Use Window Light in Photography
How to Take Photos Indoors
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...