A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 299,124
Currently Running With Scissors:
657 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Magic Yarn Ball Swap Round 13 Gallery  (Read 14291 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #140 on: June 03, 2010 12:30:08 AM »

...and when I finished the outside part my husband told me basically "Wow, that doesn't suck as much as I thought it would." Oh, gee, thanks honey!
lol. I think we have ALL heard that quote at some stage or another
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
Foxy Sam
« Reply #141 on: June 14, 2010 09:55:05 PM »

I have received from the lovely Angel Jexxican huzzah!  Thank you Jexxican you are awesome and I love my MYB and pattern too...I have taken photos but I am on a different computer and cannot figure out (have spent last hour trying to do it myself) how to resize the images so that they are less than 2megabites or whathaveyou so that I can upload them...sorry...(my computer is a little out of action until I get a new bit as my puppy leaped on it but accident...ooops...normally I would use paintshoppro but it is not on this computer...so anyway I will find out later from the owner of this computer how I can make the photos smaller and then do it asap so that I can show you all the goodies...so many lovely things!  And an adorable unicorn pattern too...thank you again Jexxican you are awesome! And our fearless leader in finding me Jexxican...thank you too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HP Craftalong!
http://pinterest.com/foxysam/
You can check out some of my crochet projects on ravelry if you like:
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/FoxySam
Am interested in personal swaps...pm me
I now have a blog please feel free to visit and see my creations:
http://samscraftycreations.blogsp
jexxican
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #142 on: June 15, 2010 06:17:26 AM »

I really am glad you liked it all. One less anxiety for me!
And our fearless leader in finding me Jexxican...thank you too!
Yes, she is a fearless leader. I've been told I can be quite intimidating. I'm sure she had to get over her own anxiety and fears before she could approach me. HAHAHA!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
Foxy Sam
« Reply #143 on: June 15, 2010 12:01:41 PM »

Horay, so I have finally figured out how to shrink the photos, so here they are...on a side note I didn't mean you were scary Jexxican...lol...be prepared for photo overload (o=

The gorgeous MYB and mini MYB in the box (look how patient I was...and prepared...ooo...er...an actual photo of it as I was opening the box...lol

The beautiful dragon egg hidden inside the gorgeous hand spun yarn...which is a beautiful foresty green...absolutely delightful!

The MYB after the outer layer of soft and fluffy wool had been wound off...and my puppy watching the progress...he was as excited as I was (o=

The super cool framing for the altered puzzle before I found all the pieces tucked inside the ball...

The awesome altered jigsaw so cool...yes at the time the photo was taken two pieces were missing...but I have since found them...they had fallen out and I hadn't seen them...so found them tucked into the couch (o= lol...they were dragon scales in green...oh and the little mermaid is pictured here too

Wow~eh...super brilliant crochet owl, the top layer of fluffy wool I told you about, the stitch markers, some of the gorgeous ribbon and some of the puzzle pieces oh and the awesome owl stamp...I love stamps (o=

A close-up of the super cute crochet owl Jexxican made

A close-up pf the brilliant stitch markers, a faerie, two different types of dragons and an owl...awesome!

The most awesome stickers...love the fabulous dragon and the castle and the gorgeous owls too...brilliant

The knights in shining armor and in the next photo another shining knight and a catapult and a dragon! Ha!

And last but definitely not least the fabulous owl and faerie pendants...I am super anxious to make something awesome with them...will have to see what I can do...I absolutely adore the faerie pendant especially and oooed and aahhhed when it came out (o=

oh and okay for some bizzaro reason the computer doesn't like my photo of the three bundles of blue yarn that was in the middle (two the same as the light blue wool that the MYB was done in and one dark blue) to make my unicorn...the gorgeous pattern that came with the MYB...sorry haven't printed it yet so have no photo...but it is very cute and doubles as a door stopper...cool eh...

Thank you Thank you Thank you Jexxican for sending a lovely MYB and for being an awesome angel!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

HP Craftalong!
http://pinterest.com/foxysam/
You can check out some of my crochet projects on ravelry if you like:
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/FoxySam
Am interested in personal swaps...pm me
I now have a blog please feel free to visit and see my creations:
http://samscraftycreations.blogsp
bubblegum_phoenix

« Reply #144 on: June 16, 2010 02:01:24 AM »

Awesome stuff. Angels are the best!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jexxican
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #145 on: June 16, 2010 07:51:55 AM »

Here is the full puzzle. I like it. The border part is what my husband was saying didn't suck as much as he thought it would. He didn't think I was going to make it look all grimy like what I imaging real castle walls would look like. He also thought I would just use a Sharpie on for the black lines. Whatever, man. I'm proud of it. I'm glad Sam liked it all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
bubblegum_phoenix

« Reply #146 on: June 16, 2010 11:05:45 AM »

Thats really cute!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tar3820
Geek gone knitty

Drive from ocean to ocean. Then you'll understand.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: June 17, 2010 12:52:03 PM »

I'm so glad everything worked out in the end! Jexxican, you did an awesome job as Angel. Thank you for responding so quickly!

I'm sorry that we had to get you an angel, Foxy Sam, and I'm very thankful at how you handled the whole situation. Not everyone reacts as calmly as you did when its discovered their partner has gone MIA. Thank you again for being such an awesome swapper.

Thank you to everyone for being such awesome swappers!! Aside from this one little hook up, as well as some issues with the ash, this swap has been relatively stress free. Just how swaps should be. Real life has reared its ugly head and so I'm going to be taking a break from organizing for a bit, but I know I'll be seeing you all in other swaps! So yeah. Thanks again everyone.. and happy swapping!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just your average knitting whore.
Think Crafty Thoughts
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Painting Adventure: Ruakaka Beach
Painting Adventure: Old Shed
Painting Adventure: One Tree Point
Perspective Drawing in Proportion Tip
Painting Adventure in Peach Cove
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...