A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,653
Currently Running With Scissors:
628 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What patterns do you have?  (Read 5602 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Randommarble

My cat Marble. Make a nice fur coat?

View Profile WWW
« on: May 04, 2005 01:58:12 PM »

If everyone posts which (preferably recent and still available) patterns they have here and when a few people have the same pattern then it might be easier to start sewalongs.

Here are some of the patterns I have:

Simplicity
7113 (not for me but is a really easy pattern)
5724 (I may make the skirt part of this in the summer but have finished the top (without the bertha decoration) and I don't plan on making it again soon)

New Look

Butterick
3370 - I don't think this is on the butterick site anymore

Sorry about the eratic order.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005 08:24:19 AM by Randommarble » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Remember: To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world.

See my website for my products (will post to anywhere in UK at cost of postage and packaging). It is a little out of date due to a server crash. Please email me if you want a custom order
LadyCregga
keeper of the castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005 08:09:43 AM »

None I can't follow patterns.
But I do pretty darn good freestyling thou.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOW!! -- What a Ride! -- Anonymous
dirt_made_my_lunch

don't think twice, it's alright

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005 07:35:22 PM »

I have far toooo many patterns to name them all, besides, most of them are old from the 70's and before, which probably none of you have/would ware
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now the wintertime is coming,
The windows are filled with frost.
I went to tell everybody,
But I could not get across.
Well, I wanna be your lover, baby,
I don't wanna be your boss.
Don't say I never warned you
When your train gets lost.
Randommarble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005 12:27:06 AM »

dirt_made_my_lunch - have you got any recent ones, or ones that you can get a similar style pattern now? Or perhaps an idea of the styles? Or ones you would be interested in getting when they are next on offer?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Remember: To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world.

See my website for my products (will post to anywhere in UK at cost of postage and packaging). It is a little out of date due to a server crash. Please email me if you want a custom order
ladyskye
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2005 01:11:46 AM »

This is probably not the best place for me to put this, but I'm afraid of store-bought patterns.  I can follow them, but rarely do things turn out as nicely when I do.  I like them for the cutting of fabric,  ONLY.  After that, I usually put things together on my own.  Is that unusual?  Particularly for someone with limited experience sewing?

I took home economics in school over 15 years ago, have done a couple of sewing projects between then and now, but just recently I have begun sewing a few things, and getting the feel for my machine.  I had horrible experiences with my old machine, and my grandmother took it back to the shop, and bought me a new one, that I LOVE!

I'm very interested in these sew-a-longs!  I hope that I can participate.

Here are the patterns I have currently:

Simplicity:

7161 - Soft Bags - Sewing Patterns for Dummies 
(I could only figure this pattern out after reading Jordy's tutorial... I'm so embarrassed.  I couldn't even do a pattern for dummies on my own.) 
8490 - Pajamas for Children
9172 - Little Girl's Dress
9681 - Simplicity Home - Tab Top Curtains
4549 - Gypsy skirt
5010 - Misses' dress in 2 lengths, and bag
9765 - 2 hour skirt
5845 - Misses' Pants, Jacket and knit top (more like pajamas)

** Vintage, from my mom **
5997 - Lined bias halter tops  (super cute pattern)
6710 - Dress  (it says contemporary fashion, but this is from before the 1970's... it's cute too, but dated)
6672 - Dress (Approximately the same as above...)
7569 - Jiffy Pullover top (I called the blouse my mom made, her hippy shirt... YEARS ago... I want to make myself one, just because it looks like it would be comfy to wear with pajama bottoms)
5138 - Dress (It's got pretty frilly sleeves that I'd like to try out... when I feel brave)

Butterick:

3134 - Fast and Easy Skirt (calls for a zipper... I've been putting off trying this one.)

McCall's:

3772 - Fashion Accessories (4 purse designs)
2848 - Pajamas (For men and women, 2 styles)
3084 - Little girl's Dress
7343 - 8 Apron Patterns

** Vintage from my Mom **
8236 - Dress (I'm not so sure I really want to try this one.)
9037 - Dress (It's got Joan Collins on the package... need I say more?) 

Lazy Girl Designs:

211 - Wonder Wallet - Fat Quarter Cutie  (I LOVE this pattern!)

I also have a stack of free patterns, that I picked up over the last few months from fabric stores.  I'd be happy to scan them in, if anyone is interested in trying them out...

1.  Watercolor Window:  This lovely quilt combines two modified Attic window blocks and two Diamond-in-a-Square blocks.

2.  Garden Toll Roll-up with pockets:  Super easy, and FAST!

3.  Ragged homespun quilt:  Also simple and FAST!

4.  Holiday Gatherings Gift Bags:  Designed for VIP Leslie Beck.  Includes pattern for 2 gifts bags in different sizes.  Can be modified (by fabric choice) for any holiday or occasion, not just Christmas.

That's all for now.  I can add more, as I acquire more.

As a side note, I also have 5 other vintage patterns from my mom that I'm not interested in.  Does anyone know what I can do with them?  I'd HATE to throw them away.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Randommarble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2005 08:45:53 AM »

With the gypsy skirt pattern, we have a thread going for those but most of us are just winging it. You are welcome to join with your pattern. Perhaps you could use the instructions to explain to people better than I can.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

garyn
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005 01:53:06 AM »

ladyskye, i do the same thing, i never follow the instructions they are usually complicated or i skip steps trying to follow it and mess it all up anyhow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dianajeanne
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2005 12:20:09 PM »

I have 4 large plastic storage boxes of patterns (mostly pre-70's), Tongue and I keep buying more!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RainyRamone
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2005 06:06:42 PM »

The following are the only modern patterns I have that I purchased within the last twelve months:

Simplicity

I have a huge collection of vintage patterns (50's through present, especially 70's).  I've actually used only a few of them, but I like to go through them now and then - it makes me all giddy.  I have kept all of the patterns that I've ever bought and I keep buying more.  It's like an illness, a happy illness. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Serenity now, insanity later..."    -Lloyd Braun-
redpopsicles
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2005 05:42:43 PM »

I have these:

Simplicity:

Butterick:
B4364
B4198
BP416

McCall's:
M4683
M4455
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Cool Cuffed Denim Shorts in Under 4 Minutes
How to Mix & Match Your Wardrobe
DIY Fashion Inspired by the Kitchen
Is a Bra the Secret to Looking Slimmer?
4 Fashion Looks For Only $80
Latest Blog Articles
August 26, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Flannel Hoodie
Magical Miniatures

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...