A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,195
Currently Running With Scissors:
391 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My second baby quilt. (w/ pics)  (Read 880 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alexis_lei
« on: March 26, 2010 05:41:38 PM »

So, this is my second attempt at quilt making, the first can be seen here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=157175.msg1570455#msg1570455

This one turned out much better than the first and I do love it. It is also a baby quilt for a boy, and again, nautical themed. I guess my being from Newfoundland is obvious.

The first quilt was for a friend and the second was for my cousin. When I gave away the first quilt, I quickly realized that non-crafty people do not appreciate homemade gifts and the second quilt, unfortunately, gave the same result. Not even a thank-you, or a picture of baby enjoying his new quilt. Sigh. I'm officially turned from making things for people. It's so disappointing to spend so much time and money on something for nothing. :/

BUT, for my fellow Craftsters, I know you'll appreciate all my hard work! Here are the pictures, for your viewing pleasure. Smiley

Thanks for looking, I hope you like it!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010 09:56:03 AM by superstitch - Reason: adding pics for new member » THIS ROCKS   Logged
monkeybeans
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010 08:41:18 PM »

Completely adorable! I can't believe someone would receive such a gorgeous, thoughtful, HANDMADE gift and not even respond with a thank-you! You'll have to give your creations to yourself - that way you know they'll be appreciated. And keep sharing them here, of course.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come see what I've been up to at
http://megsmonkeybeans.blogspot.com/
Feast Your Eyes
People are entitled to their hobbies, and I'm entitled to think those people are creepy. - Raylan Givens, Justified

Serial Craft Dabbler

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010 07:58:14 AM »

Nice work! Perhaps the recipients were raised without manners and never say thank you for gifts or perhaps they are overwhelmed by the new babies, but you definitely deserve acknowledgement for your thoughtfulness, skill and effort.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Honored to be a J&T Featured Member

Vintage sewing patterns and unique jewelry at
Sinners' Feast
shan-E-bear

I don't DO Normal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010 11:56:06 AM »

Very cute! I can't believe that they didn't appreciate that! Hopefully you will visit sometime and see you work in use, thats usually the best thank you a crafter could ever ask for
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check me out!! I was featured on Geekcrafts.com!

50 Crafts in 2011 60!/50

I went wisting!!
jeffsweetie

I would love to do a personal swap!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010 04:05:23 AM »

I CHERISH the handmade afghan and quilt that was given to me when I had my first daughter and I think those are the best gifts to receive- you know theres lots of love there when you get it. I am surprised that you didn't even get a thank you. The quilt is lovely! Dont be discouraged!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pixeegrl
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010 06:03:31 AM »

I think it's beautiful and don't worry, we all know how much hard work went into it and how proud you are of you accomplishments!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
myguybri
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010 06:31:37 AM »

I think your quilt is great and I'm sorry that you didn't receive a thank you for it.  A few of the moms that I've made stuff for in the past didn't bother with a thank you note but for me looking at their pictures on facebook or ones they sent out on e-mail that focus on the baby but show my gift in the background being used are an ok stand in!  Hopefully you'll see a picture soon!  And keep posting things here, we all appreciate them Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Sublime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010 08:38:19 AM »

I think it's fantastic! I really like the colors/theme you chose. I like baby gifts that aren't your typical pale blue or pink. I also really like the detail on the quilt back.

I'm so sorry the recipients didn't show the appropriate amount of excitement over this special gift. What a bummer. I would be over the moon with joy if I received a gift as thoughtful as this. Soooo...you could send your next quilt to me Wink  Tongue. Just an idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!
My Blog!
I'm giving away doggy bow ties on my my blog! Check it out here!
vwbuggirlie
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010 04:55:22 PM »

I think it's a fantastic quilt, especially for your second time quilting. Ignore those heathens that don't know what a special gift you made! I love the fabrics you chose.

My first quilt was for my niece and the first thing my SIL said when she opened it was "Cute. Who made this?" After I had labored over it for over 2 months and taken several trips to my mom's (2 hour drive each way) to learn how to quilt just for my niece. There were a few choice words in my head that luckily my mouth was too shocked to say. Then a few months later, she acted all butt hurt when she found out I made one for my friend's son. But then I barely got a thank you from her last year when I made one for my other niece and no thank you what-so-ever for the fabric color book I made my niece for Christmas. But then I have people like my boss that nearly 5 years after I gave her daughter's quilt to her she still tells me it's her daughter's favorite and she won't go to sleep without it. I think my nieces' quilts are probably at the back of some closet somewhere, I certainly did not see them when we visited their home recently. My husband has to remind me that I made the quilts for my beloved nieces and it's not their fault their mom is a jerk and that we can't make people appreciate or use the gifts we make them in the way we want them to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blogging about crafting to keep out of (much) trouble: http://craftyjennifer.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Summer Steak Dinner Recipe
How to Make Poutine
How to Make Onion Rings
How to Personalize Your Stuffing
How to Make Hawaiian Pulled Pork
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Ticket Stub Shadowbox
Fishy fishy fishy...
Tute Tuesday: Fascinators

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...