These take a little extra time and patience than the other felt flower pins, but they are just as lovely!
For more detailed instructions, please go here:http://www.newimageco.biz/scripts/silverware.exe/extpage@D:/DFS/ELEVCLIENTS/NEWIMAGE/ELEVATOR.FXP?page=PROJECT79
Here is how to make them:
Thread (to match felt color)
19 x 12 Pirate Soft Felt Sheet
1 9 x 12 Soft Felt Sheet- Any Color
12 1/4" Fun Button
Rose or Carnation Fun Button Template
(available here: http://www.newimageco.biz/pdfs/roseorcarnationfunbuttontemplate.pdf
1) Cut out pieces from rose or carnation fun button template. Cut the following pieces from felt:
Pirate Soft Felt:
Optional: To create the carnation, use your pinking shears on the edge of the
Soft Felt Sheet (any color):
6 Large Circles
1 Small Circle
2) Sew agathering stitchin a circle pattern in the center of each large circle about 1/3 up from the center. Pull the thread tight and knot off the end of the thread.
3) Sew the 6 gathered flowers together from the bottom of the petals. Pull the thread tight to gather the petals in a very tight circle. Knot off the thread.
4) Glue the three leaves to the bottom of the petals in an off center manner. Let dry.
5) Glue the small circle to the bottom of the petals and leavves. Let dry.
6) Glue finished flower to the front of the Fun Button. Let dry.