A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,458
Currently Running With Scissors:
736 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Japanese for All Occasions  (Read 10024 times)
Tags for this thread: humor , japanese  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ChezMichelle
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2010 01:14:20 PM »

You're awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheRobotSays
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2010 03:44:50 PM »

I took Japanese for a few years back in high school.
all I remember is "I'm going to take a shower" and "I like going to the movie theater" + some animals and colors.
I love your moldy cheese
THIS ROCKS   Logged

photocinegrl
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2010 05:30:35 PM »

I love your sense of humor and how you mix in with your crafting. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
I Sew Cute
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a Fanatic Friend of Craftster!

Take me to the kittens!!! >^.^<

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2010 08:13:50 AM »

You're so fun! ...and not to mention really talented with a crochet hook!

Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out Trinkets & Jewelry! Wink
pinterest
blog
twitter
etsy
whimsy10510
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2010 01:38:56 PM »

thank you for making my day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
missmuffcake

Spicy but sweet!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2010 03:44:36 PM »

Great like always!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's more to life than books you know
                But not much more
WooWork
www.woowork.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2010 04:52:22 PM »

Thanks so much for everyone who took the time to be so supportive of my attempts to learn Japanese! Smiley

Here are a few replies that might be interesting:

Bahahaha! That made me laugh, specially the part about a bowl of needles...  Grin
hahahaha... I like the bowl of needles.  Very cute.
Such a cute idea! Very funny!
Bowl of needles! Priceless!
So funny. The bowl of needles is hilarious.
Eira and redhead133 and KelseyLauren and Flia: I really thought the book mentioned needles until my mom asked me, "why needles"? I replied, "I think it's for acupuncture" but when I double-checked, the book said "bowl of noodles"! I guess that makes more sense haha

That is great racky--I was going to suggest that we feature it because I am laughing still!!  I love how his bow shows off his hair color--wowza!
alwaysinmyroom: I'll add domo arigato and sayonara to my encyclopedic knowledge of the Japanese language Wink Together, they mean "bowl of needles", right?

Anata wa watashi wo shiawase ni shite kureru
(If I remember, I think that's "you make me happy")
Lindsay517: Anata wa watashi wo shiawase ni shite kureru TOO! Smiley

Aw, just what I needed! Perfect way to learn these most useful expressions Grin Yes, I like the speech best as well, but they're all used in the best way! Thank you! Can you do more?
Edit: Congrats on the new hair color, looks cool!
Ruby Copperhead: hehe I should have made a few more. Maybe I could try different languages with equally curious examples Smiley

Glad you like the blue, thanks Smiley It almost passed for normal now!

Best use of Japanese in a Craftster post ever.
-zoma- That's a very specific honour, but I'll gladly take it, thanks! Cheesy

LOL that's hilarious! i think i'm going to buy that book... i'll check it out in mandarin since i'm learning how to speak it right now!
s0choice: Congratulations on your mandarin lessons! Since the post, I found out that "Japanese for All Occasions" also has a truncated-yet-viewable preview at Google Books Smiley

I always get a kick out of your posts! Thanks for sharing. I featured this thread today on Craftster's Facebook page.  Smiley
rackycoo: Thanks for featuring this thread on Craftster's Facebook page Smiley Everyone's comments on Facebook were just as nice as on Craftster!

Howie, you've done it again.  Amazingly funny post and creations.  I especially love the "uh"! 
DoodleLou: In retrospect, I should have hung the "uh" next to my head in those photos. So I'm extra glad you like the bubble!

Very funny!  The photographs are great quality too.  Which made them even more awesome. 
Unimatrix-0: I'll pass your kind words to my gf, MJ, who took those outdoor photos of me even though she had a cold at the time Smiley

You always crack me up.  I took a year of Japanese and the sample sentences in my book were truly strange!  I love that you icon-ized them.  How brilliant.  Grin
Sugoi! This is a wonderful post in every way...great crochet, great presentation, great photos.
I work for a Japanese company and I can attest to the ridiculous sayings in conversational Japanese language books. Who the heck is having these conversations about moldy cheese??
Thanks for the giggle Smiley.
javarose and LimeRiot: hehe Hmm, maybe these books realize that language is full of strange sayings in daily life! Cheesy Also, that cheese goes bad often.

If only I weren't happily married....
Howie, you seriously rock. Thank you for being so creative and brightening my day Smiley
lisaredd: If you weren't happily married, would you elope with that bowl of needles? Who wouldn't! Cheesy

Howie, as always you amaze and astound me... keep the crochet world on its toes.  Love The Fastener (K.T.C) x
tofty: Everyone on Craftster and Ravelry and the web are keeping us crocheters on our toes! Smiley Thanks Cheesy

Aye carumba, Howie! Honjitsu wa, tomadachi. The spelling is waaaay off I am sure, but I am trying to say "Gracias, mi amigo"!!! You brought una sonrisa a mi cara otra vez!!!

El queso verde is truly un trabajo del arte y "Bowl of Needles" Aye Dios mio!!! Yer killin' me!!!!

Howie, check out mi amigo Frank at:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ice1cube   

Oye, como esta "el gato negro, Equador"?

Amor!

Smiley   Smiley   Smiley 
ecaudoriana: hehe Thank goodness for Google Translate Cheesy Gracias!

Ecuador the black Raindrop Cat is still hanging up there at last count. Only 10 of the original 14 remain hanging up there though, so I'm anxious to see who will be the last Survivor Cheesy

Hahaha - perfect delivery Smiley you are so animated! Smiley love it! Cheesy
cranberry2001: My secret to being animated is taking a zillion photos. On average, 1 in 20 photos has a suitable expression! Smiley

My fiance speaks Japanese and I'm totally sending this his way, he'll think it's as funny and awesome as I do!
papa justify: I've also found it handy to have a partner who knows a second language! After awhile, you just learn new words without taking any classes hee

I took Japanese for a few years back in high school.
all I remember is "I'm going to take a shower" and "I like going to the movie theater" + some animals and colors.
I love your moldy cheese
TheRobotSays: Those phrases will be handy for when you're preparing for festive day out at the movies and the zoo! Cheesy

I love your sense of humor and how you mix in with your crafting. 
photocinegirl: Making things from balls of string is already a whimsical activity, so it's fun to add a bit of extra humour to it, hopefully!

Thanks again for each word of encouragement! I hope these Japanese lessons come in handy for when you are in Japan to refund some cheese while ordering room-service while saving someone from choking while making a speech (and who hasn't?)

~ Howie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

View more of my crochet creations at WooWork.com
sarahmaccarelli
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2010 08:46:17 PM »

Haha, great pictures!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love sewing, making jewelry and crocheting.

I'm also a makeup artist: http://www.makeupbysarahm.com

My Blog:
http://makemeonetoo.blogspot.com/
cindyjane
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2010 07:40:00 PM »

you are so my hero, you're ace!  I love the way your photography tells each tale beautifully!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jovialj
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2010 01:28:43 AM »

Super duper awesome! love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Fast and Easy Hairstyle for Curly Hair Tutorial
Do Beards Breed Discrimination?
The Year Of The Beard
Why Beards Have Come Back For Gay Men
Ways to Protect Your Hair in the Winter
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...