A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 304,868
Currently Running With Scissors:
445 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dress from two Pillow Shams  (Read 5925 times)
Tags for this thread: dress , recon  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ElizabethsMom

Every window has a different view.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2010 04:45:18 PM »

I love the fact that you can fit into a pillowcase! Honestly I think it's adorable and truly wish I could find cool stuff like that at my local thrift store. Shirring is a technique I really need to look into! You have done an amazing job Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lindsycarranza

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2010 05:18:12 PM »

That is too cute!  I really love the fabric, and I'm always in admriation of anyone who can repurpose something so successfully.

I don't have anything constructive to say, other than, you look hot, girl!  Wear it and be proud!   Grin

Aw Thank so much! I think that's the first time I've been called hot in awhile LOL!
I'm pretty proud of it since it's my first attempt at a dress Smiley despite it's "problem" LOL!

And I just realized there are no pics of my face in any of these lol, sorry about that it was hard to get a full shot, that I and had my what I call work hair, where my hair is up in a half pony and I have a headband that was made from a knee high sock to keep all of my hair out of my face, not the prettiest thing ever but it works LOL! I did crop the photos a bit to get closer shots was happy I did cuz I was still wearing my socks when I took the pics Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Okay so once again I am completely redoing my pictures. Got tired of photobucket, the only reason I used it was for here so I decided I will just use Craftster's photo uploader. So while I am switching over my photo links will be broken. Message me if there is a post you would like the pics for.
lindsycarranza

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2010 05:21:35 PM »

I love the fact that you can fit into a pillowcase! Honestly I think it's adorable and truly wish I could find cool stuff like that at my local thrift store. Shirring is a technique I really need to look into! You have done an amazing job Smiley

Hee hee thank you! Technically it is two pillowcases Cheesy
Ya know I really don't have the greatest luck finding stuff usually, as fabric anyways I think I just got lucky Smiley

Shirring is really really really easy! All you need is elastic thread, normal thread, and a sewing machine, oh and fabric I guess LOL! Thank you really so much for your comment!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Okay so once again I am completely redoing my pictures. Got tired of photobucket, the only reason I used it was for here so I decided I will just use Craftster's photo uploader. So while I am switching over my photo links will be broken. Message me if there is a post you would like the pics for.
bec89
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2010 06:39:04 PM »

I really like it!  I just made a similar shirt with shirring and elastic thread.  I think if you add a few more rows of shirring under those that you already have at the waist it would give it a bit more poof all around which might minimize your booty, if that's what you're looking for.  really cute recon though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lindsycarranza

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2010 06:47:37 PM »

Thank You! Hmmm maybe I'll have to try that..maybe that will help even it out all over.

Does anyone think, anyone will be able to notice that this was once pillow shams?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2010 07:10:08 PM »

nope--heck, not sure a lot of people even know what a sham is... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AidanNia
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2010 07:52:09 PM »

Ok, this is totally off topic, but I bought those same pillow shams a few years ago and made a purse out of them, see it here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=255992.msg2858976#msg2858976

Also, I should note that I had the same problem with that fabric being too lightweight.

Really nice idea and dress!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lindsycarranza

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2010 08:07:53 PM »

nope--heck, not sure a lot of people even know what a sham is... Cheesy

LOL Okay great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindsycarranza

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2010 08:10:15 PM »

Ok, this is totally off topic, but I bought those same pillow shams a few years ago and made a purse out of them, see it here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=255992.msg2858976#msg2858976

Also, I should note that I had the same problem with that fabric being too lightweight.

Really nice idea and dress!

That is great! Looks fantastic as a purse! Maybe I should try to find some more and make a matching bag Cheesy
I worry that I'll be walking down the street and someone will say hey I have that bedset LOL! But what are the chances of that happening? Slim I hope! Thank You for your compliment!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

klakes1817
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2010 11:19:56 PM »

This is one of the cutest recon clothing items I have ever seen! Excellent work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...