A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,809
Currently Running With Scissors:
394 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: evily simple alternative to pore strips  (Read 59752 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #120 on: July 02, 2006 08:54:42 PM »

heres another recipe!

1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
  1 1/2 tablespoons milk

Mix two ingredients and microwave for 10 seconds to slightly warm. Using a clean cosmetic brush, apply to nose and chin area. Avoid delicate eye area. Rinse brush immediately. Allow mixture on nose and chin to dry for 10-15 minutes. Mixture will dry quite stiff and form a "stiff film." Peel off the film and stare at all the little porcupine quills that used to be in your nose pores.
I was going to suggest this ^^
My friend and I made it... we are big fans of making home-made face-masks etc. Some of our creations have been terrible, to say the least.
I don't really remember it much, except it smelt dreadful. Really vile, but peeling it off was fun!

I'm a huge supporter of peel-off face masks etc. I always did the whole glue-on-the-hands thing when I was a kid. I have no idea why I like it so much, but damn it's fun! Peel-off face-masks give me the same kind of thrill  Cheesy

I don't know what Elmers Glue is (I don't think we have it in NZ) but if it's used in schools, it won't be that harmful. Considering how many kids who eat it and all, having toxic glue would be a really stupid idea in a school.
« Reply #121 on: July 04, 2006 01:33:50 AM »

I just tried this. I "steamed" my face over a sink of hot water to open up my pores, then smeared Elmer's glue on. It sort of worked, but not really. It made my blackheads less noticeable, but there were still the tell-tale large pores. I guess what I mean is that it didn't remove the little suckers. Oh well, it's a temporary fix I guess.

Faith and begorrah...
« Reply #122 on: July 04, 2006 08:36:41 PM »

i dont know if this has been posted buttttttt....take a shower, this opens your pores(esp. hot ones) then do the masking tape, it removes the dead skin, then do the glue, this now sticks better to youer skin and better to the pores because theyre bigger.

"I've ot a jar of dirt! And guess whats inside it!"-Jack Sparrow
Accident free since...what time is it?

Because everyone loves a muppet...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: July 04, 2006 10:38:11 PM »

Skinvac baybee!  I love that clothe.  You just rub it wet over your cleansed skinn and it takes off white heads elfoliates and removed black head.  I use it in the shower to remove my white/v=black heads once a week,.

Then  I wash it in mild detergent/

Thing is aweomse

« Reply #124 on: July 10, 2006 01:49:38 PM »

hmmm...this might be worth a try...my kids will love Mami putting glue on her nose. Lets hope they dont put it UP their nose.

http://www.diosaperdida.net  - My website
http://knittingbare.blogspot.com/ painting, knitting, whatever...it's all art
http://painting.craftgossip.com/  decorative painting techniques, projects and product info.
« Reply #125 on: June 27, 2007 08:14:06 AM »

Lol ... well, I just had to try this didn't I? Didn't have Elmer's glue so tried another white glue *acid free, Neutral pH, great for memory books* ... lol.

The only problem I had was that it didn't really peel off as easyil as I remembered so I was a little panicked for a moment there but then it slowly started to lift when I rubbed hard ... might have to trry a different brand. Then I put listerene on the problem spots like I read somewhere else (hey, why not try ALL the home rememdies at once??) ... we'll see how it goes.

venez loin avec moi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: June 29, 2007 02:04:53 AM »

I love that there are this many people putting glue on their noses.

I have some on right now, I hope it works!  Lips sealed
« Reply #127 on: June 29, 2007 08:34:51 PM »

I think I win for the lameness factor - not only did I sit around at my computer with glue on my nose, I did it at 4:30am. We don't have Elmer's here so I just used the PVA glue to hand (without steaming my pores beforehand or anything) which happened to be Art Attack own brand. It didn't work this time but I won't pretend I didn't enjoy it.

And oops - when I was putting it on, it got accidently smeared all over my hand. Well darn.

Wists beyond measure are man's greatest treasure... Wink
Come check out my art and craft blog and say hello! LAST UPDATED: 7th September!
My artwork at Etsy!
« Reply #128 on: January 27, 2008 09:57:24 PM »

so today i was too lazy to wash my face so i put glue on my face hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

oh my squash!
« Reply #129 on: January 28, 2008 08:03:28 PM »

So I tried this.  It didn't get rid of any blackheads (that I noticed) but it did make my nose amazingly smooth.  Maybe tomorrow I'll do my entire face.

I really enjoyed scrunching my nose up and pretending I was made of plastic.  I ran around the house, arms outstretched like a zombie, yelling "I'M NOT REALLLLLL!"

craft r good.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Dr. Ava Shamban Explains Lip Injections
This Mom Just Put on a Bikini for the First Time in 10 Years
The #KylieJennerChallenge Gone Wrong
How Teens Can Use Social Media To Spread Body Positivity
Transgender Model Lands Major Beauty Contract
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Felt Basket
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kindling Bundle
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kitty Coasters

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...