A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip:  What do vegan zombies eat?  GRAINNNNNNS.
Total Members: 302,543
Currently Running With Scissors:
471 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I eat Decorating shoe boxes!  (Read 5662 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lindsycarranza

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

View Profile WWW
« on: March 23, 2010 10:14:38 AM »

Here are some of the shoes boxes I've decorated over that last couple of years, they all reside in my craft space full of crafty goodness Smiley I just can't throw a shoe box out! I think I'll have to start giving them away if I make anymore, I'm running out of room! And sometimes more storage isn't a good thing LOL!

*Photos are no longer in the order they were in when originally posted because I had to re-link them so the comments are off
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011 12:56:15 PM by lindsycarranza » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Okay so once again I am completely redoing my pictures. Got tired of photobucket, the only reason I used it was for here so I decided I will just use Craftster's photo uploader. So while I am switching over my photo links will be broken. Message me if there is a post you would like the pics for.
najaorama
Tutorial Contributor

My kung fu is strong today!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010 10:37:59 AM »

I eat this idea. And I eat eat eat that first one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Go to your bosom, knock there, and see what your heart doth know." WS Measure for Measure

www.najadruva.com
PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010 10:46:36 AM »

I eat the second one. I have an issue throwing shoe boxes out as well but I never thought about decorating them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010 11:08:52 AM »

cute! I really like the first one. It's adorable. I have 2 shoe boxes I need to do something with I don't know why I hadn't thought to make them cute! I have some paper I'd been saving for just that sort of thing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NightOwl21

after all this time I finally show my true form

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010 11:32:10 AM »

oh wow these are fantastic! I never thought of using shoe boxes let alone decorating them.  I use the boxes glass drinks/beers come in. and decorate those things up. I agree sometimes storage is a bad thing hahaha When I moved and was packing things I found all these empty storage bins my bad but they were so fun decorating!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I now have 2 shops! Scandalous! Take a visit and enjoy Smiley

Jewelry and Wedding Accessories: http://www.somewearintyme.etsy.com

Crafts and supplies: http://www.squidooink.etsy.com

Wists: http://www.wists.com/nightowl21

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/somesquid
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010 12:19:53 PM »

This is such a great idea. Thanks for sharing it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindsycarranza

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010 03:57:24 PM »

Thanks everyone!!!! Oh I eat shoeboxes they are so handy! Why buy memory boxes at the store for $5-$10 or more a pop when you can just make you own Smiley Mine hold pictures, tissue paper(I always save and reuse tissue paper until it it just all in shreds), scrap pieces of small scrapbook paper, letters from my Pen Pal, and more! The first one is my latest, I adore it as well, it was a boot box so larger than the rest so it holds all my scrapbook papers and refills. I decorate them with fabric, paper, ribbons, beaded fringe, bows, tissue paper! The possibliities are endless!! I eat to mod podge with tissue paper because it creates such a neat texture after you layer it a bit. Thanks for all your comments! I'd eat to see some shoeboxes you decorate if you do Smiley

OH and I'll have to get a better pic but the second one was painted blue, modpodged with tissue paper and then covered in a sparkle glaze so it's all glittery! And the last one I forgot that I changed it a bit so I'll have to update the pic sometime Smiley

Oh and You're all welcome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Okay so once again I am completely redoing my pictures. Got tired of photobucket, the only reason I used it was for here so I decided I will just use Craftster's photo uploader. So while I am switching over my photo links will be broken. Message me if there is a post you would like the pics for.
lindsycarranza

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010 03:59:05 PM »

OH and the bright green deep blue one is actually a gift bag Smiley My hubby is great at picking out gift bags and matching cards in my fav colors when it comes to my bday and I just had to use it for something! I usually save and reuse gift bags but I loved it so much I had to keep it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindsycarranza

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010 09:20:24 PM »

The link to my blog is in my signature Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gkswife
Crazy lady with a glue gun

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010 08:07:51 AM »

Those are beautiful! I am totally inspired to try it - I have so much paper to use and plenty of mod podge (regular & glitter!)! Thanks for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Flatironing Tips For Your Hair
How to Touch Up Your Blowout
How to Tame Curls With Eva Scrivo
Eva Scrivo on Creating Perfect Waves
John Masters Organics Hair Salon
Latest Blog Articles
The Latest in Zombie Decor
I Am Zombie Homer
Beware! Zombunnies!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...