A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,548
Currently Running With Scissors:
761 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Firefly Round 9  (Read 17631 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

raeraethejetplane
Take me out 2 the black Tell them I aint comin back

RIP Blue kitty Jan. 1994 - April 2010

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2010 10:12:17 PM »

With the lantern not working, did you screw in the light bulb? The way it is packaged the light bulb is not screwed in place, just attached to the base for convenience. I hope it works.

I did and still nothing. It's okay because I've been wanting to change the paper lanterns on my lamp. I can use it as a lamp shade Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blackie.sage
« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2010 02:15:28 PM »

I got my package last week, but I had trouble finding some gorram batteries for my camera. UGH. So I finally went to the dollar store and picked some up, and of course they died within minutes of taking these pictures... but they got the job done! haha.

River quote bracelet! Includes the quotes...
"No power in the 'verse can stop me."
"We'll freeze to death first."
"Jayne's a girls name."
"It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think."
"I followed the voices."
and "The human body can be drained of blood in 8.6 seconds, given adequate vaccumming systems."

(Funny story, when my boyfriend saw the bracelet he thought I had made it. DizzerSpinninRound and I have almost the exact same handwriting.)

Hands of blue earrings.

Blue Sun cell phone charm. Matches the colors of my faceplate exactly!!!

River pin. The red circle says "I can kill you with my brain.", and behind her head is a charm of her boot, but it kept falling behind stuff when I tried to take pictures. : (

Browncoat pin! It totally doesn't match my lacy frilly girly backpack, but I don't even care because it's just that awesome.

Jayne cross stitch/felt portrait. I put it on my rat cage because my girls love to sit on my beanbag with me and watch Firefly, and the colors matched the stuff in their cage. They needed some fancy decor. haha (Ofelia doesn't know what's going on in that picture, tehehe)

And five pages of awesome cardstock! I already started using it in my bookmaking project and it's fantastic.

Thank you so much DizzerSpinninRound! I loved everythiiiinngggg!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me."

Current obsessions: Decoden and fairy kei!
Tumblr!
Melonberry Mint @ Storenvy
vegantastic
« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2010 04:42:56 PM »

Holy cow!  Just got my package from popculturerecycled and it is AMAZING!  So many detailed, beautiful things...I hope I got pictures of everything!
The first thing I pulled out was Mal's box.

It was filled with all sorts of documents, Blue Sun stationary, money, index cards, a letter from Inara, a ticket to go see her and the bottle of whiskey he drank instead!!!!! Also in there was a CD of scripts how the series could have continued with the first one printed out!

Next was package #2!  This has biodegradable plant pots with "Not Mandatory" and firefly ship images on it.  There was a rubix cube with images from the show and little Wash charms (a leaf and a beagle!) There was also a strawberry that turned into a shopping bag and a Jayne hat magnet! 

The next thing to unwrap was two beautiful decorative plates with a silhouette of the ship

And, finally, at the very bottom, there was a Topsy-Turvy strawberry planter! Wow!

I should also mention that she wrapped all of these things in fabrics so now I have more fabric to add to my stash..which is always a good thing :-)  Here's a picture of all of the fabric

One of the fabrics is the kind you make maxi dresses out of so you can bet that I'll have a maxi dress before too long!
And here's everything altogether (except for the whiskey bottle...which my boyfriend stole to put in our kitchen!)

Thanks for everything!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
lady4feet
« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2010 05:20:50 PM »

I love the Serenity painting!

That cardstock is beautiful.

Vegantastic ~ Wow! I love your whole package, lol. The Mal box is awsome. popculturerecycled you rock.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PaleAngelLex
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2010 06:29:48 PM »

I have always wanted to play Tall. Those paper dolls also rock very hard. I'm loving that wooden Mal box. The detail in that whole package is amazing. The shrinky dink jewelry is adorable. I love those plates too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Blog at TehTable
Wist
Mableheartscharlie
« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2010 11:20:26 PM »

Whoa major anxiety with that post Vegantastic! I almost hurled my ready to post parcel in the trash! haha Awesome package!

I senttttttt! Very exciting... I threw in a last minute item inspired by something in this gallery! (I think it's my favourite of the bunch tbh)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm one crafty bitch.
beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2010 11:36:14 PM »

Two SHINY new packages!

I am so fascinated with those little hands of blue earrings! So cute. And the Jayne wall hanging is adorable.

The Mal box is so great - such a clever idea. And the things inside look like they are from the show! And that is a crazy amount of fabric you sent! I scrunched up newspaper to fill my box... feeling a little cheap now Smiley

popculturerecycled - where did you get the fake scripts? I want to read them!

Mable - can't wait to see what you sent.

Bethie - you said you received right? Have we seen pictures? I can't remember...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

caleycupcakes
« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2010 01:50:12 AM »

So yesterday, sitting happily in my mail box was my package from Vanillyz! I was so excited to didn't manage to get pictures before I opened it! Also, these were a few cute extras! Two blue gloves (hands of blue 2 by 2) some insense & chopsticks

Firstly, i was a good girl, and read all the notes!

Then, I admired the amazing-ness of my very own Jayne hat keyring! You can't really tell but it's smaller than my hand!

A Beautiful necklace, inspired by one of my favourite quotes

A very cute bookmark in the style of Kaylee's door!

A totally usefull tea wallet! I have never seen one of these before, but it's awesome because i am a tea junkie!

and last but not least.. girls, get ready to be jelous
MY VERY OWN KAYLEE APRON! I love it so much words do not express. My favourite things in the world are cupcakes (d;uh) and pink fluffy Kaylee dress.

I am so amazed by the things that I have received! I feel terrible because my package is stuck because of that silly volcano - and I feel terribly inadequite!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is all about the 3 C's. Cupcakes, cats & Crafts.
What else is there?
Vanillyz
« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2010 02:31:54 AM »

I'm *so* glad you like everything I sent, Caley  Cheesy! I had a great time crafting for you!

And now I can't wait for your package to arrive either. So exciting  Cheesy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: April 20, 2010 02:37:59 AM »

Vanillyz - you are a wonderful partner! My internet is super slow so all the photos haven't uploaded yet, but the Caley/Kaylee bookmark is such a cute idea. And that apron is the coolest thing there ever was. It's going to be wisted by so many people! I would love to see some close up photos of it. You did a great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Painting With Light: Outdoors
Converting Images to Black and White
Selective Blurring
Photography Tips - How to Prevent Blur
Capturing Images
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...