A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,116
Currently Running With Scissors:
468 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Firefly Round 9  (Read 17979 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mableheartscharlie
« Reply #160 on: May 18, 2010 09:19:52 AM »

Firefly was mentioned on "The Big Bang Theory" last night...

Sheldon: Roommates agree that Friday nights shall be reserved for watching Joss Whedon's brilliant new series, "Firefly."
Leonard: Does that really need to be in the agreement?
Sheldon: Might as well settle it now; it's going to be on for years.

Very cold TBBT, very cold indeed.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010 09:22:03 AM by Mableheartscharlie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm one crafty bitch.
Missing_Muse

Craft like you care!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #161 on: May 18, 2010 10:03:56 AM »

Firefly was mentioned on "The Big Bang Theory" last night...

Sheldon: Roommates agree that Friday nights shall be reserved for watching Joss Whedon's brilliant new series, "Firefly."
Leonard: Does that really need to be in the agreement?
Sheldon: Might as well settle it now; it's going to be on for years.

Very cold TBBT, very cold indeed.

and here I interpreted it in a completely different way. I thought it was a total shout-out to the Whedonverse. Firefly should *still* be on. Sheldon was absolutely right, and as it was a flashback, he was predicting fabulous success. It's a shoulda-woulda kind of thing. TPTB dropped the ball on that one for sure... Firefly was just picking up steam when they cancelled. Doesn't anyone in control realize that Joss needs 2 seasons to get going?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Organizing my first swap:  Go Green Quick and Easy Weekend Swap!
Mableheartscharlie
« Reply #162 on: May 19, 2010 09:20:19 AM »

TPTB dropped the ball on that one for sure... Firefly was just picking up steam when they cancelled. Doesn't anyone in control realize that Joss needs 2 seasons to get going?

Yeah it totally fell fate to the Fox Time shuffle of DEATH! They changed the time and then no one knew when it was on and Fox was like 'Oh no ratings? CANNED!' We WOULD of watched when we knew it was on! They are doing the same to Glee, I hope people figure it out  Lips sealed I think Fox knew they completely dropped the ball I think that's why they brought back Family Guy they knew there was a base for it and there as a lot of angry fans. I think also that's why they did Serenity as kinda a peace offering... Also on that note I think Fox totally took this episode of TBBT of the intended line up as I don't think Penny and Leonard should of been so buddy buddy and 7 years from that episode would of been 2003 when Firefly was already cancelled. And yes when I heard Sheldon say Firefly I was like w00t but it put a knife through my heart when he said it "would be on forever" kinda like waving a chocolate bar in front of a diabetic... I'm just bitter haha

Wow this post kinda got away from me haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm one crafty bitch.
raeraethejetplane
Take me out 2 the black Tell them I aint comin back

RIP Blue kitty Jan. 1994 - April 2010

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #163 on: May 19, 2010 10:43:00 AM »

Fox is death to good tv shows. They have ruined many more than Firefly. Every time they get a great show they drop the ball on it. They'd rather stick to to things like The Simpsons because they are safe moneymakers in their eyes. They don't know how to get rid of tired shows and keep the quality ones.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Missing_Muse

Craft like you care!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #164 on: May 19, 2010 03:36:34 PM »

Fox is death to good tv shows. They have ruined many more than Firefly. Every time they get a great show they drop the ball on it. They'd rather stick to to things like The Simpsons because they are safe moneymakers in their eyes. They don't know how to get rid of tired shows and keep the quality ones.

Exactly! I could not agree with you more. I also cannot figure out why they are trying so hard to make TBBT more like Two and a Half Men. Ick. I blame Chuck Lorre, who seems to have a rather large problem with female characters that might have a brain and/or women in general. I know that personal problems are supposed to make great comedy, but mostly he really needs some therapy.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010 03:39:48 PM by Missing_Muse » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Organizing my first swap:  Go Green Quick and Easy Weekend Swap!
akredhead
« Reply #165 on: May 19, 2010 08:32:00 PM »

It's new in the sense of I haven't been using it long on craftster...but I created it a couple of years ago...along with a gajilion other ones on my Livejournal. Smiley

That's correct! My husband and I came up with those options.

Grin

Just observing the shiny awesomness that is this gallery and thought I might give a stab at interpreting the decision maker (which I love). Especially moon the alliance.

Start a bar fight
Pester Inara
Lose faith in God
Regain faith in God
Moon the Alliance
Give moving speech
Stand up and fight
Run and Hide
 Smiley

Is that a new Kaylee icon? Or was I just not paying attention before.... Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
akredhead
« Reply #166 on: July 02, 2010 04:10:18 PM »

I finally downloaded the pics from my camera...

Here's the awesome package I received from edenkitty...

The lovely package...

Beautiful hair sticks...a la Inara...but I have short hair...I've found another decorative use for them. Beautiful.

Charm bracelet and earrings...I wear the charm bracelet ALL the time...love it. I wore the earrings the other day and got compliments.

Close-up of the Mal melty-bead guy and dinosaurs...SO CUTE! The dinos are going to work for my patients to play with during session.

And a lovely, useful note book with my favorite movie quote...

Thank you Edenkitty...it was a lovely package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lady4feet
« Reply #167 on: July 02, 2010 08:08:36 PM »

Love the jewelry! What are the dinos made of? hard to tell by the pics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

akredhead
« Reply #168 on: July 03, 2010 11:59:05 AM »

like a sort of spongy rubbery material.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
colourbucket
« Reply #169 on: August 22, 2010 04:03:20 AM »

wow  Shocked Firefly swaps look so much fun! You all put so much work into it, it's great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Trailers: X-Men: No More Humans Trailer
My First Book Became A Lifetime Movie
Author And Mom Describes How Divorce Led To Her Steamy Memoir
CoolAge Blogfest Winners at Spring Fest, IIT Kharagpur
Jerry Stahl LIVE
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...