A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 300,926
Currently Running With Scissors:
418 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wist Swap Gallery  (Read 9961 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

irish_chicky
« on: March 21, 2010 01:28:30 PM »

Can't wait for all of the pictures!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am interested in doing personal swaps!!!
mamarose22
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010 01:40:19 PM »

Can't wait for all of the pictures!!
You and I both. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
http://www.pinterest.com/mamarose22/
loukr
Tutorial Contributor

Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle . .

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010 02:05:14 PM »

You and you and I !!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tutorials, features, bloggyness http://www.dearestjackdaw.com/

Do you have an ever increasing pile of scraps waiting for the perfect project? Why not join in our Altered Fashions sew-along! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=354356.0
craft and bake
Formerly known as FASHION_freak; member since October 21, 2006

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010 05:01:33 PM »

Oh my! A sender already? I have got to get crackin'. I'm in good shape but I just need to work on my last item. I'm kind of scared of it. LOL

Can't wait to see photos though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FairyWings
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010 05:45:39 PM »

lol sorry didn't mean to make anyone feel rushed hehe
 This was my first swap , I hope i did good.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010 05:47:07 PM by FairyWings » THIS ROCKS   Logged

gamemom42
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010 04:38:03 PM »

Fairywings says, "I hope I did good".  What an understatement. 

I will warn you that this is the most picture heavy post I've ever done.  I tried to cull it down a little, but couldn't.  I apologize to those of you whose computers grind to a halt loading pics, but wait for them... they are so worth it.

My goodies came in this whimsically wonderful paper bowl.  I thought it was just a temporary housing for my wisty surprises but its actually a sturdy bowl and will be put to use in my craft room:

That pretty bowl was jam packed with goodies.  I pulled this out first.  A vampire kitty just in time to go in my 21 year old babies Easter Basket ( she got a suicide bunny in there last year).  He has some interesting bling on... oh, wait!  That's the pirate medallion that has been on my wist since the beginning of time!!!  That's hers too.  What a timely package!

Here's a close up of the medallion because its awesome enough to deserve one:

Okay, then I pull this interesting little thing out:

The note says to pull on the handle to open.  Fairywings put a dotted line around the middle instructing me to cut there if the handle didn't work.  When I opened it, this was inside:

A cute as everything little owl for my collection, and two more wrapped surprises. 

In the wrapping paper was this amazing owl.  I'm not sure what this is made of... wood, a nut, polyclay?  All I know is that I couldn't get a picture that shows the remarkable detail and that was annoying:

In the teensy box was ... hold on to your hats... these two perfect worms from Labyrinth!!!!!!!  My oldest daughter and her best friend share a love of all things Labyrinth.  She will definitely be giving one of these to her friend.  I think they are supposed to be Mr. and Mrs. Worm but they will have to be split up for the sake of friendship.

I should have put a coin in that picture for scale.  Each of those worms easily fits on a quarter.  The detail is simply amazing.

Then we have the part of the package that made my feline baby, Scruffy, very very happy.  Fuzzy and fun cat toys!  ( Scruffy was feeling a bit camera shy, I'll try to get action shots later)

In the bottom of the bowl were several fun little wrapped packages.  They contained:

a little treasure chest of whimsies.. buttons, beads, and baubles

and this beautiful little acorn tile:

and my own personal favorites!  Mushrooms!!!  I love these in a way that I can't possibly describe:

And an action shot showing how perfectly the mushrooms fit into my decor!  You can't see them, but on the other side of the mantle are framed photos of mushrooms my daughter took in our yard!

Well, there you have it!  Never ever be nervous about swapping with a newbie ladies. 

Fairywings, you made my wisty wishes come true.  Thank you so so much!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

FairyWings
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010 04:45:57 PM »

I'm so glad you're happy with what i sent   Cheesy
 *phew*
The owl is made from clay
 the labirynth worms were meant to both be the same guy since you wisted for 2 , I did think about making the mrs though , Hope their smallness is okay. I tried to make a bigger one later on but  i just couldn't do it.
Glad you are going to re-use the bigger container as that was it's intention Cheesy
 yay now maybe i will join another swap some day Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gamemom42

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010 04:52:19 PM »

Joining another swap "some day" is not an option.  Anyone with your skills practically has an obligation to swap Smiley

I completely forgot that I wisted for two of the worms, but that is why... so Tara could share one with Amy.  Thank you.

I feel like I could thank you for days before I said it enough for all that awesomeness.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FairyWings
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010 05:22:24 PM »

I had different ideas on  thinsg to do to those worms but i wasn't sure why you wanted 2 and if they were for you or for someone else.Didn't want to ask and ruin the surprise.Hopefully the girls will have their own ideas on how to display them Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gamemom42

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2010 05:56:27 PM »

They are perfect "as is". The girls are actually both 23 year old women.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cut Apart a Full Chicken
Chicken Meal Recipes
How to Make a Pork Roast
How to Make Stuffed Pork Chops
How to Make Pork Chops
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...