A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 300,901
Currently Running With Scissors:
526 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hands Across the Water US/Great Britain Swap Gallery  (Read 12869 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stellou
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2010 12:48:33 AM »

I love the purse, couldn't agree more with the quote. And those pendants!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

back to quilting...hurray and I dusted my art material Cheesy
annachronism

will sew for tattoos

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2010 12:49:04 AM »

that Austen quote is fantastic  Cheesy and even though i'm in the UK, i haven't tried jerk chicken walkers! i'll have to try and track some down...providing they're vegetarian, that is! (weird fact about walkers- all of their crisps, from smoky bacon to roast chicken, are suitable for veggies...but the cheese and onion ones aren't! madness!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
annachronism

will sew for tattoos

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2010 01:47:31 AM »

I received this morning, and it's like Easter came late- so. much. CANDY!!!
My laptop seems to be having some issue with the craftster photo hosting thing, but i'll try to post pictures later today

THANK YOU SMMARRT!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dolly Mixx
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2010 12:56:57 PM »

Okay, prepare to be jealous! I received the most amazing package from Goodmorningstarshine, who went way above & beyond what she should have done, thank you so much!

Firstly, the  purchased items:

Lucky Charms! I did actually get 6 ofthese pots, but I may have eaten one before pictures were taken!

Cake mix & frosting, yum!

Peeps! Excited to try these, have heard about them a lot!

Erasers!! Love these, I have never found any for sale in England.

Stickers, yay, to add to my already huge collection!

Lot's more candy/chocolate, all of which looks very interesting! We actually do get crunch bars in the UK, but they look different, they are smaller & have a rounded shape to them. I tasted on of these, and they also taste slightly different too. Still yummy though, they are actually my fav choc bar!

The crafty goodness:

A really cute cupcake purse!

Soap! With my shop logo on!

A really cute necklace, with my shop name/username on, & cupcakes!

& last, but not least, my favourite item, a cute makeup/accessory bag with one of my illustrations embroidered on!

Look at the amazing detail! Love this SO much!

Thank you so much partner, you are actually amazing, I love this package!

Oh and I also got a cute model schoolbus, and some iron on appliques, which in all the excitement I forgot to photograph.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

goodmorningstarshine
Your face, your race, the way that you talk, I kiss you, you're beautiful, I want you to walk

Addicted to craft stores...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2010 01:13:19 PM »

You take really great pictures! Cheesy

I thought about making you little tops for the cereal so you could use them as storage containers, but I never got around to it.

And it is as I suspected; I forgot to include your PEZ earrings, which I made based off your wists. I made several pair the same day, so I didnt notice that none were missing until after I mailed. Ill send out an envelope with them, since they are really tiny. Whats your favorite color?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My brain hurt like a warehouse, it had no room to spare
I had to cram so many things to store everything in there
And all the fat-skinny people, and all the tall-short people
And all the nobody people, and all the somebody people
I never thought I'd need so many people
stellou

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2010 01:34:08 PM »

Gorgeous bag and  Shocked peanut butter eggs Shocked drool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

back to quilting...hurray and I dusted my art material Cheesy
annachronism

will sew for tattoos

« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2010 03:25:39 PM »

here goes my second attempt at posting pictures...apologies for the low quality, i've only got my phone to hand at my parent's house

here's the box (that's medium flat rate sized for the americans, just to give an idea of scale) absolutely stuffed full with candy  Grin along with the beautiful card of the San Francisco skyline I received with a note from Smmarrt- she reckons that her home is visible somewhere on there, all I can say is Wow! I'd love to live in such a stunning place.

peanut butter easter candy and bunny-shaped peeps! there are enough in there for 4 rounds of microwave jousting, i'll post pictures of that once me and my friends have attempted it!

gourmet jelly beans (two packets!) and a pack of gourmet lip balm i requested. having tried some of the jelly beans, i have to say i'm not keen on the ones which seem to taste like gaviscon liquid and lemsip- UK folks will know what i'm talking about!- but the popcorn and apple and cinnamon bun flavours are delicious Smiley

japanese chocolate and a super-cute notebook with what appears to be a hamster of irish decent  Cheesy

top on the list in my questionnaire, MARSHMALLOW FLUFF! I can't decide yet whether i'm going to use this in baking, or just eat it straight from the jar  Grin and a savoury surprise which i hadn't requested, although i had heard of them- goldfish crackers, famous for the package which declares them to be 'made with smiles'  Cheesy

there was also a pair of pink chopsticks, and a bag of peanut butter squares which i forgot to photograph, darn!

crafted items! i'm sorry again for the rubbish photos, i take them in such a hurry as i tear everything out of the box Tongue i'll try to get an action shot soon of my fabulously hand-stencilled 'Gleek' tshirt ,which for those who don't know is the name given to a big fan of the tv show Glee...which i am  Grin there were also stencilled 'gleek' notecards in loads of lovely colours, sue sylvester coasters (see picture below) and a bought keyring with sue and mr schue <3

as i work in the kid's section of my local library in the summer, i'd asked Smmarrt to send me some flyers etc that i can take in to show the staff, who are always interested to see what i'm making and what i've received in swaps. Smmarrt found me a 'friends of the San Francisco library' tote bag (which is going to come in handy when i need to take all that candy back to university!) as well as loads of ephemera- i can't believe how much cool stuff goes on in this library! all part of living in a big city, i guess, but i'm really jealous! here's a picture of the local guide as well as my favourite bookmark (one of many!) which has a playing card theme.

Thank you so much, Smmarrt, you've been an awesome partner and I hope my package reaches you soon! Thanks also to our wonderful organiser  Cheesy I can't wait to see what else appears in the gallery
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010 03:28:30 PM by annachronism » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smmarrt

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2010 09:02:52 PM »

Yay - I'm so glad you received. And after 4 or 5 attempts at cutting a freezer paper stencil of the word "gleek" I remembered that I own a Gocco machine (a mini-silk screen maker and printer). So it changed the size of the typography but it was much easier than trying to keep the inside of the "g" and "e" intact for stencilling.
(Freezer paper stencilers - I salute you!) And my mom provided some of the library stuff - she's a volunteer and "grandma reader" at her local library in San Diego.
I know the shirt is maybe a size too big (?) but it was the third one and I just grabbed it before checking the size. If worse comes to worst, you can use it for pajamas - but I hope it fits. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Winter Ninni Swap - Sign ups 12/01 - 12/15
4 x 6 Art Swap - January 2015
Fabric Art Journal Pages - February 2015
annachronism

will sew for tattoos

« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2010 01:37:43 AM »

many thanks to your mom  Cheesy and don't worry about the shirt- it is a bit too big, but i'm already coming up with creative ways to re-con it, and in the meantime, yes, it's already being used as pyjamas (i'm a student, it's pretty much all we wear round the clock Smiley )
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SevsOnlyGirl

« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2010 03:22:39 AM »

So many wonderful packages!  I love seeing the individualized things that were sent! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Difference Between Setting the Stage and Telling a Story
How to Use a 50 mm Lens
How to Understand color Theory
How to Develop a Rapport with the Subject
How to Understand Different Camera Variations
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...