A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 300,923
Currently Running With Scissors:
577 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Toothbrush rug?  (Read 2264 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« on: March 20, 2010 11:45:18 AM »

I am making a toothbrush rug for my living room entry way from these vids and I love it so far.  Here's a pic:

Anyway, my question is, is this considered weaving?  Google says it is...but I'm not sure...I am just wondering where to post it when it's done!  Thanks for the info guys.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
KyaStar

I like pretty things <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010 04:56:21 PM »

weave   [weev] ; noun

1. to interlace (threads, yarns, strips, fibrous material, etc.) so as to form a fabric or material.
2.to form by interlacing threads, yarns, strands, or strips of some material: to weave a basket; to weave cloth.
3.to form by combining various elements or details into a connected whole: to weave a tale; to weave a plan.
4.to introduce as an element or detail into a connected whole (usually fol. by in or into): She wove an old folk melody into her latest musical composition.
5.to direct or move along in a winding or zigzag course; move from side to side, esp. to avoid obstructions: to weave one's way through traffic.
-----
I would say yes. It's not the conventional loom, but my weaving class went over coiling, so if I had to narrowly define it without a better category, I would stick it in weaving as well. I would just say it's a really cool off-loom project. ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People often say that motivation doesnt last. Well, neither does bathing thats why we recommend it daily." Zig Ziglar
BethieB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010 05:06:40 PM »

Yay!  Thank you for the help.  I think I will be posting it here as soon as it's done.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
AbigailsCrafts
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010 03:07:05 AM »

That's cool Cheesy
The basic knot is kind of like tatting, only a lot bigger - and it has some similarities to nalbinding too. No wonder it's confusing! But I think weaving is a good place to put it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sativa
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010 08:39:12 PM »

I want to do this. Thank you for the links.
Sativa
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BethieB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010 11:34:01 PM »

Glad I could help!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

homeonline
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010 11:56:21 PM »

hello there Bethie ..!

what you are weaving ( toothbrush rug ) is nice .. when did you start it ? coz i can't wait to see the result / output ..  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

BethieB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010 10:17:00 AM »

I started it last fall...but I have given up on this particular rug in the pictures.  I started another one, in colors I like a lot better, that will hopefully be done soon so I can show you guys! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

turner
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010 03:10:46 AM »

What nice weaving.I like your work.I have also make this type of waving but its is in different colour & different style.Its very easy to make you have also try yo make.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Snack Recipes
Beef Brisket Recipe
Super Bowl Food
Healthy Super Bowl Food
Tailgate Meal Recipes
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...