A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 300,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
711 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: OMG I LOVE This Bag and I made it!!!! -ME :)  (Read 1622 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lindsycarranza

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

View Profile WWW
« on: March 20, 2010 11:00:58 AM »

Ok so I made this bag a few months ago but just now have time to finally post it, I still LOVE IT! So here's the intro story -  I clean houses for a living (I have my own business, just me and about 13 clients but I love it-for the most part) and I could NEVER find a bag big enough with enough pockets. I have to carry tons of supplies and I would find cheap bags at Wal-Mart and try to make them work but they never really did so one day I was really frustrated and just sat down and decided to make my own. I completely winged it and am totally surprised it all came together just how I wanted! That almost NEVER happens! I'm completely impatient when it comes to sewing. I wanted to make it out of a thick fabric like canvas but all I had on hand was denim (from a different failed project) so I used that. I based the pocket design off the bag I already had.....so here it is!!!

« Last Edit: March 21, 2011 01:07:31 PM by lindsycarranza » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Okay so once again I am completely redoing my pictures. Got tired of photobucket, the only reason I used it was for here so I decided I will just use Craftster's photo uploader. So while I am switching over my photo links will be broken. Message me if there is a post you would like the pics for.
handsnhearts
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010 11:17:09 AM »

Great job!  I wish you lived closer and could come do my house Cheesy
The bag seems well made and quite functional, as well as nice to look at.  The denim will be great because it is sturdy and hides dirt!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lindsycarranza

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010 11:20:48 AM »

Thank You! I'm almost suprised it's still holding up LOL! I put it through some stress with my job!
Great job!  I wish you lived closer and could come do my house Cheesy

HA HA!! Cheesy I get that a lot Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Okay so once again I am completely redoing my pictures. Got tired of photobucket, the only reason I used it was for here so I decided I will just use Craftster's photo uploader. So while I am switching over my photo links will be broken. Message me if there is a post you would like the pics for.
Lindsay517
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010 12:24:20 AM »

That is fantastic. I spent the summer doing new construction housecleaning and I would have loved a bag like this! We always used the cheap ikea bags, and they always dumped out, fell apart, etc....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know. -Ernest Hemingway
lindsycarranza

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010 01:44:19 AM »

Thank You! For awhile I carried two bags one with rags and the other with supplies like sponges, dusters, etc.... but with having to carry my kit and vacuum I just wanted one big bag that everything would fit in, and I LOVE IT!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010 02:57:11 PM »

You know now you're going to have to make a second one - you've got the technology, you can rebuild it - and you will kick yourself if something happens to this one!
It looks great - super functional!
Feels good to make something exactly the way you want it!!  Gotta love the sewing machine  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
lindsycarranza

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010 03:51:15 PM »

Ya I will definitely have to make a back up one! Gotta go find some canvas like material for the second one, and I think the next time I make one I will double fold the seams. Hee hee I have a love hate relationship with my machine, sometimes it's likes to eat my thread and screws up the most basic of tasks! But I think some of my bobbins are not the right size for my machine. In high school I would hand sew things oh man I will never go back to that LOL! Thanks so much for your comment!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beauty Post Blowdrying Tip
How to Volumize Hair
How to Get Smooth, Shiny Hair
Easy Hair Extensions
Gloss Products Review
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...