A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,067
Currently Running With Scissors:
592 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 66
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frugal Living Swap 2: Return of the Cheap (SIGNUPS CLOSED, SENDOUTS 5/1)  (Read 38691 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftmagicmomma

winner winner chicken dinner

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: April 23, 2010 03:19:20 PM »

Crafting away here, FINALLY! One "small" is 90% done, hope to finish it tonight while watching a movie or something equally mindless. I also made a trip to the fabric/craft store today for two things - I did stick to the guidelines of no more than $5 spent on supplies - the tab for the extra supplies came to $3.85, thanks to sale prices and small yardage requirements. :thumbs up: Planning to prewash new fabric this evening after the kidlets are in bed and then squeeze in the small amount of sewing required over the weekend.

oooo, I AM SO EXCITED.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

eye_on_sparrow
« Reply #541 on: April 23, 2010 08:55:19 PM »

I was able to finish up one thing today for my partner.  I found a large amount of a particular notion that worked perfectly for this project at the Goodwill Store.  While I got the general idea from several different places on the web I worked out my own design using snap tape.  I really like the way this project turned out.  I have a few more things I want to make for her.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yardenxanthe
« Reply #542 on: April 23, 2010 10:20:51 PM »

I haven't done any other things since last time I posted. I brought a huge bag of supplies to my mom's house this week, but I didn't actually do any crafting! Right now, I think I technically have everything I need in order to send, but I still want to make a few more things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

angelofmusic

Cinderella's Castle: from the Rose Garden

View Profile WWW
« Reply #543 on: April 24, 2010 09:08:42 AM »

angelofmusic - ack!  What a day! *hug*  That recipe for chile rellenos sounds really good, though.  I'm going to have to try it!

If you have a can of tomatoes, try adding white beans to it and using it as a pasta sauce with some herbs (basil, oregano, salt, pepper).  Tasty, filling and very healthy.  I cooked up a batch of the sauce and froze most of it to use later.  (Though you'll need a freezer, of course!)  For the water - if you have a lemon/lime and a couple slices of cucumber, putting a few slices in can give it a different taste.  

Sad  

I haven't been very frugal, either.  I had to replace my front brakes and get the back ones resurfaced (not sure if that's the right word).  It hurt.  And I'm at work until 10 tonight (got here at 7:30) because I'm chaperoning, so dinner will be out.  Bah.  

*hugs* for you too! It's just been a crazy week. I love the idea for sauce. Going to have to try that - sounds yummy. And I just happen to have all the ingredients in my cupboard. Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Frogs have it easy...they can eat what bugs them!
kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #544 on: April 24, 2010 09:18:43 AM »

You're very welcome.  It surprised me by how much I liked it.  Cheesy 

Here's to a better upcoming week!

Oh and to camelama - yes, I totally agree.  My brakes were a necessity (especially as someone stopped short in front of me on the way to work yesterday!)  It just hurts to see a chunk go out.  (Though yay for my second month of an emergency fund - it came in handy and would not have been possible if I hadn't been frugal the past several months!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftmagicmomma

winner winner chicken dinner

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: April 24, 2010 01:51:02 PM »

I just finished one for my partner but I have no idea what  it would beinsidered small or large?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheSapphireMoon

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #546 on: April 24, 2010 01:57:19 PM »

I forgot to take pics before I sent!  Damn it!  I do that ALL the time!!!  Crumbs...  Hope you have a camera and can take a few decent ones for me, jennilocker Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
love2teach

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: April 24, 2010 02:23:20 PM »

Weekly check in...all done...mailing on Monday Smiley  love2teach
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest:  http://www.pinterest.com/lac1424/
My Raverly ID:  love2teach
pinklrt
« Reply #548 on: April 24, 2010 04:37:02 PM »

I just finished one for my partner but I have no idea what  it would beinsidered small or large?

Maybe you could split the difference and call it a medium? Wink

Well I finished the small while catching up on my hulu.com queue last night. Except I didn't account for the difference in size based on a substitution of a certain necessary piece of equipment needed to craft the item. So I considered it a trial run and am about 60% done with the replacement, using the correct size equipment. It looks I will be adding one very awkwardly sized ------ ------- to my own collection...

Back to crafting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tanza
Angel in the making....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #549 on: April 25, 2010 01:45:19 AM »

always the way.
I finished my parcel today, Now another idea pops into my head and it is soooooo perfect for OGD.
I just have to make it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 66 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Recording Room Tones
How to Use Reflectors
How to Get the Right Depth of Field
How to Create Great Tribute Videos
10 Tips for Better Home Videos
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...