A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,453
Currently Running With Scissors:
572 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 66
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frugal Living Swap 2: Return of the Cheap (SIGNUPS CLOSED, SENDOUTS 5/1)  (Read 42710 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Imagine
« Reply #610 on: April 30, 2010 06:59:20 PM »

Ok, so I just had a brilliant idea for my last item. The only thing is it takes a couple of days to make. So I'll be sending a bit late. Just PM'd Superhooker and Amy about it.

For the rest (except that last item), I'm done! And I think I'm gonna do a second of one of my smalls for myself because it's so cute and easy!! Cheesy Great idea for gifts too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Disco Queen Highness
« Reply #611 on: April 30, 2010 08:52:40 PM »

Ahhh, great for gifts & easy?  I can't wait to see what it is.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'd love to do a personal swap for this knit Death Flake hat

Wists
Etsy
yardenxanthe
« Reply #612 on: May 01, 2010 08:18:04 AM »

I'm sending on Monday because my town's post office is closed on Saturdays (and we don't have one of those automated machines!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

flower
« Reply #613 on: May 01, 2010 09:48:10 AM »

I sent today. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hngoodlett

I'm an Aunt Ralph!

View Profile
« Reply #614 on: May 01, 2010 10:52:16 AM »

I'm sending on Monday because my town's post office is closed on Saturdays (and we don't have one of those automated machines!)

I'm so jealous of those machines! And I just found out they won't schedule pickup at my address.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!
http://www.wists.com/hngoodlett

50 in 2011
10/50
superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #615 on: May 01, 2010 11:24:35 AM »

It's official, I've shipped.  I swear I've never felt this much swap anxiety before.   Hopefully, superhooker, you'll feel suffeciently spoiled.  Thanks to garage sale season here, I was able to snag some amazing deals I wouldn't have otherwise been able to include. 

Dang USPS, I dropped off the box an hour ago, don't you have it yet?   Cheesy  Yes, I know, I'm incredibly impatient.

I sent yours out today!  14 pounds of goodness!  (which is pretty crazy, because most of it is made of yarn, one way or another)
I am now going crazy, hoping you like everything! 
Why does the mail have to take so long??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
Disco Queen Highness
« Reply #616 on: May 02, 2010 10:04:02 AM »

14 pounds of yarn?!! Holy cow.  Now I've got serious swap anxiety, mine was 13.8 or somewhere there abouts and it wasn't yarn.  Yikes!  I'm also absolutely giddy and dying to know what 14 pounds of yarn goodies looks like.  I LOVE that it's pratical stuff too.  My mom's always told me I'm boring with my love of pratical gifts.  It's great you ladies understand.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'd love to do a personal swap for this knit Death Flake hat

Wists
Etsy
itchyfingers

Baby is here - at long last!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #617 on: May 02, 2010 07:29:58 PM »

14 pounds of yarn?!! Holy cow.  Now I've got serious swap anxiety, mine was 13.8 or somewhere there abouts and it wasn't yarn.  Yikes!  I'm also absolutely giddy and dying to know what 14 pounds of yarn goodies looks like.  I LOVE that it's pratical stuff too.  My mom's always told me I'm boring with my love of pratical gifts.  It's great you ladies understand.

Our pastor was talking about gifts this morning and asked if anyone had ever received practical gifts for birthdays or Christmas..like it was a bad thing!  I LOVE practical stuff!  The occasional bit of frivolity is fun, but you just can't beat having a need met in a gift.  I got a nail art set for Christmas and I haven't even opened it yet (I'm not sure I ever will  Roll Eyes), but the heating blanket from my hubby has gotten tons of use as have all the practical kitchen/bathroom things I've gotten in the last few years.

I'm looking forward to seeing all these packages!  So many good ideas in the gallery from the last round and from this round already!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Baby number four is here and he's a boy!!  Time to start using all the great stuff I got from a bunch of Craftster friends:
Baby Shower in a Box

Wists
Tanza
Angel in the making....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #618 on: May 02, 2010 08:24:14 PM »

practical gifts are the best.
I give my kids and hubby a list every year that way I don't get anything non practical.......I mush prefer a photo frame to a box of chocolates.....cause hubby n the kids will eat the chocolates but the frame will last forever.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
Zombie_Queen

Crafty Zombie Mama \m/

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #619 on: May 02, 2010 08:58:45 PM »

I've never understood why people always complain and are aghast about getting practical gifts. I LOVE getting practical things. I am so glad my dh understand that. Don't get me wrong, though, I LOVE chocolate. I like a bit of a treat now and then.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 66 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Make A Southern Coleslaw Burger
How To Make A Jalapeño Popper Bacon Burger
How To Make A Fried Mozzarella Burger
13 Mac and Cheese Recipes Based on Other Favorite Comfort Foods
Ribbon Pasta with Shrimp and Lemon
Latest Blog Articles
March 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: How to Make 110 Prayer Flags
Whatz Up, My Peeps?

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...