A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 300,913
Currently Running With Scissors:
457 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 66
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frugal Living Swap 2: Return of the Cheap (SIGNUPS CLOSED, SENDOUTS 5/1)  (Read 41391 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

yelutci

Gus, don't be a giant snapping turtle.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #530 on: April 22, 2010 04:05:10 PM »

Looks like I won't be able to get to the post office this week Undecided I'm watching my 2 nephews (9 mos and 4yo) tomorrow, and I'm going to pass on trying to get anything done outside the house. This weekend I'll be helping my in-laws move, so a Saturday trip is out. I'm all done, I just need to package everything up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've heard it both ways.

I'm looking to swap some knit &/or crocheted crafts for handmade CP/HP soap.
angelofmusic

Cinderella's Castle: from the Rose Garden

View Profile WWW
« Reply #531 on: April 22, 2010 07:33:19 PM »

Ugh, I've had a very not thrifty week. Spent $400 on my academic robes to wear at graduation since I'm a teacher and we have to wear our robes. Then I bought a month's worth of groceries and when I got home, my fridge had gone out...so some of my food is in temp storage at a friends house and some went bad before I found it a home.
And I'm out of gas. $$$$$KACHING!$$$$$
Anywho, I'm eating beans and rice all next week and drinking water to save money. Hopefully it won't be too warm and I can cut my AC. Gotta save up again now! Did find a great recipe for cheap and easy chile rellenos (no sauce) - anaheim peppers from Wal-Mart, ground beef, cheese, cumin, chili powder, garlic, onion and cooked in the oven. yummy! I made 2 for less than $5. Smiley (I buy ground beef in bulk at Sam's Club then cook and freeze so it was cheap since I didn't use it all. I already had the spices and "old" cheese in the fridge.
Off to clean off my craft table so I can get back to work on my swap package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Frogs have it easy...they can eat what bugs them!
kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #532 on: April 23, 2010 06:29:12 AM »

angelofmusic - ack!  What a day! *hug*  That recipe for chile rellenos sounds really good, though.  I'm going to have to try it!

If you have a can of tomatoes, try adding white beans to it and using it as a pasta sauce with some herbs (basil, oregano, salt, pepper).  Tasty, filling and very healthy.  I cooked up a batch of the sauce and froze most of it to use later.  (Though you'll need a freezer, of course!)  For the water - if you have a lemon/lime and a couple slices of cucumber, putting a few slices in can give it a different taste.  

Sad  

I haven't been very frugal, either.  I had to replace my front brakes and get the back ones resurfaced (not sure if that's the right word).  It hurt.  And I'm at work until 10 tonight (got here at 7:30) because I'm chaperoning, so dinner will be out.  Bah.  
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010 07:01:58 AM by kaz814 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
holistic knitter
Current Swaps:

Peace comes from within

View Profile WWW
« Reply #533 on: April 23, 2010 06:35:43 AM »

Must get my sewing done this weekend - machine and material ready - just need to get moving!!!! lol  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amymisha
« Reply #534 on: April 23, 2010 08:03:39 AM »

Just checking in....I have to go to Maine this weekend, and my parents only have dial-up, so you may not hear from me. Luckily my mom is an ubercrafter, so I will get some stuff done!
That's all....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheSapphireMoon

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #535 on: April 23, 2010 08:40:04 AM »

Slogging through coffee cup #2, then will decide if my package REALLY IS done and pack and mail it...I just filled my last swap slot until I mail out and partners receive...so...I better get on it if I wanna get into another one or 2 good ones that appear to be on the horizon from posts in the new ideas board Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
Zombie_Queen

Crafty Zombie Mama \m/

« Reply #536 on: April 23, 2010 08:58:12 AM »

I've made some progress yesterday and plan on getting even more done today, seeing as my hands are cooperating! Smiley I may even send on time. At the very latest, I'll only be a couple days late.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010 09:02:40 AM by Zombie_Queen » THIS ROCKS   Logged
camelama
« Reply #537 on: April 23, 2010 11:24:51 AM »

I've been crafting away, will be finishing up early next week and mailing off!

Ok, I have to say: Frugality does not mean "never spending money".  Buying necessary items like required clothing or BRAKES (!!!) is not "spending too much money".  If you'd bought, say, diamond-studded robes when it wasn't required, THAT would not be frugal. Smiley  NOT buying brakes after they're worn out would be DANGEROUS, and not frugal, as you would soon have to pay for a whole new car - and maybe a hospital stay for you or someone else!!!  Smiley   

I'm reminded of the Simpsons episode where Krusty the Klown gets his show/money back, and at the celebratory party, Johnny Carson tells him "now you need to be careful with your spending, krusty!" and someone walks up and says "Here's the ruby-studded clown nose you ordered!"  HA. That is NOT FRUGAL.   Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving!" - Auntie Mame

How are things in Glocca Morra?
TheSapphireMoon

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #538 on: April 23, 2010 11:30:42 AM »

Just sent to jennilocker today!  YAY!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
pinklrt
« Reply #539 on: April 23, 2010 12:08:54 PM »

Crafting away here, FINALLY! One "small" is 90% done, hope to finish it tonight while watching a movie or something equally mindless. I also made a trip to the fabric/craft store today for two things - I did stick to the guidelines of no more than $5 spent on supplies - the tab for the extra supplies came to $3.85, thanks to sale prices and small yardage requirements. :thumbs up: Planning to prewash new fabric this evening after the kidlets are in bed and then squeeze in the small amount of sewing required over the weekend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 66 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook White Beans
How to Make Cheese Souffle
How to make Salmon 1-2-3
How to make Steak Verde 1-2-3
How to make Seafood Wrap 1-2-3
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...