A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,568
Currently Running With Scissors:
537 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Nice Cabin Rentals in Gatlinburg Area?? Help going on vacation!  (Read 2587 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

neverendingjourney
I have gone to find myself, if I get back before I return please tell me to wait. Thank you!

If a cow laughed, would milk come out her nose?

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2005 08:27:27 PM »

i know this is crazy but what better place to go to get ideas on nice family cabin rentals in the Gatlinburn TN area than my craftster people?Huh
know any great cabin rentals at great prices?? if so let me know! thanks!!
darla
ps 4 adults and 5 kids!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day & may their arms be too short to scratch
t1g3rl1ly
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005 08:32:58 PM »

I'll try to get some info for you...I have some friends that live in Sevierville/Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg. I also think there is some website for the Smoky Mtns and cabins and all that junk. I'll see what I can dig up.

Edited to say:
When are you planning on going and how long do you want to stay? It gets INSANELY crowded during the summer. Actually, it probably already is crowded. Anyways, are you guys going to go places like Ripley's Aquarium or Dollywood?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2005 08:35:08 PM by t1g3rl1ly » THIS ROCKS   Logged

neverendingjourney
I have gone to find myself, if I get back before I return please tell me to wait. Thank you!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005 08:46:10 PM »

I'll try to get some info for you...I have some friends that live in Sevierville/Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg. I also think there is some website for the Smoky Mtns and cabins and all that junk. I'll see what I can dig up.

Edited to say:
When are you planning on going and how long do you want to stay? It gets INSANELY crowded during the summer. Actually, it probably already is crowded. Anyways, are you guys going to go places like Ripley's Aquarium or Dollywood?
ahh your great!! we are wanting to go aug 8th 4 days in that week, and we are thinking of ripleys and also there is a new aquarium in that area.......real pricy but we hear it is very worth it!!! thank you so much! any help is great!!
darla
THIS ROCKS   Logged

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day & may their arms be too short to scratch
t1g3rl1ly
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005 03:39:24 PM »

Okay I sent my friend an email about the cabin rentals. Hopefully I will find out something soon...

The aquarium up in Gatlinburg is actually done by the Ripley's people. It was about $18 for adults when I went there (about 4-5 years ago, so it's probably higher now). It's totally worth the money though. They have the tanks set up really cool...It's a lot smaller than the other aquarium I've ever been to (down in Chattanooga) but definitely worth it.

There is also a Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum (pretty cheesy), a Ripley's Haunted Mansion or something like that, and about a million other things to do up there. There's a lot of shops to go into. And don't forget miniature golf...Hillbilly Golf is up in G'burg and it's pretty cool.

I don't know if you're interested in Dollywood themepark or Dolly's new Splash Country. I haven't been to her waterpark, I had only been to Ogle's (an old water park that got run out of business a couple years ago when she opened up her park). Dollywood itself is kind of fun...depends on how old the kids are. Be warned - there are not a ton of rollercoasters and that kind of thing. There are mostly smaller rides and lots ofexhibits. The Blazing Fury is my personal favorite - it's the cheesiest rollercoaster ever, but I love it. Dollywood has a bald eagle exhibit that is interesting, a lot of stuff for smaller kids, tons of shows, etc.

I would highly suggest finding websites for these places as they are EXTREMELY expensive. I'm not trying to be a downer, but this is a total tourist town. Look for coupons, especially since there are several of you going.

I've heard that you can write to the Sevier County Chamber of Commerce and get discount coupons...maybe you can find info online about that.

Wow, I'm like the Sevier County expert.  Tongue  Talk to ya later.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

neverendingjourney

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2005 05:35:03 AM »

oooooooooo thank you!! i did go to
http://www.gatlinburg-tennessee.com/
that helped alot, my snail mail should start being flooded now! but that is fine!!
Thanks for the info, and we did find these cabins
http://www.heartlandrentals.com/cabins.html
they seem to be the best ones we have found yet.
cant wait to see what your friend comes up with...
thanks so much
sooo much!
darla
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CreativeOutlet
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2005 06:35:29 AM »

Try www.tncabin.com. My sister works for this company. They even have some pet-friendly cabins, if that is important to you. There is also a free e-newsletter that has specials and discounts for local business.

Hope this helps.

Rachel Martinez
THIS ROCKS   Logged
neverendingjourney

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2005 05:29:45 AM »

oooo thanks rach!! im going there to look now!!
darla
THIS ROCKS   Logged

t1g3rl1ly
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2005 08:03:25 AM »

Hey Darla - My friend had no suggestions. I'm sorry! I hope I've given you enough other info about the Smokies to make up for the lack of cabin suggestions tho! Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

neverendingjourney

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2005 07:07:58 PM »

oooo, hey no problem!! thanks for your info!! loved it!! and helpful too!!
darla
THIS ROCKS   Logged

momwith3kids
HOMESChOOL

Hey y'all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2005 12:20:47 PM »

www.patriotgetaways .com

I hear they have great prices and great cabins.  Since I live in Sevier county and been here my whole life, I have never stayed in one of these cabins.  My husband does some stone work for them.  NICE cabins,  NICE areas.  Check them out.  On their site it has a thing where you can do price checks and availability.

I love the aquarium.  My kids are so into the fish.  They have this huge spider crab.  I love it.  Dollywood is grand.  Not sure on the price.  Plan on a whole day there, lots of stuff.  I would pack a picnic in my car,,,,can't take it in.  You can leave with your hand stamped and come back in.  The price of food is OUTRAGEOUS.  delicious, but pricey.
Parking is $5.00, worth it if you pack your food.

I love to go putt-putt.  They have a new one where Ogle's water park was.  It has a bunch of shops around it.  Also it has nice food places there.  Plenty of free parking.  Traffic will be a problem.  I was in town today, sitting in traffic.

Hope you have fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My sewing machine is like my left hand.... I can't write with it, but I NEED it none the less.

see ya'll on the flip side

My Etsy Shop
http://momwith3kids.etsy.com

My Homeschool Blog
http://homeschoolblogger.com/momwith3kids
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jacque Torres’ Cake Decorating Demo
Baking Hamentaschen with the Shaarei Torah Bakers of Portland, Oregon
Homemade Thin Mints Recipe
10 Tips To Baking Healthier Sweets
How to Make Parcelled Camembert and Cranberry
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...