A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,761
Currently Running With Scissors:
435 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Embroider An Endless Possibilities Panel! {EEPP} Gallery  (Read 10695 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jolyon
Rosalind Julia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2010 12:19:53 PM »

Right I've been absolutely useless (blame my work please) at commenting on the gallery so far so I hope you dont mind if I just comment on them all now!
Mindboggld- I love the text stitching on your piece for xperimentl and your use of tinting.  It looks lovely.  I also adore the finished tote such a good way to display the piece.

Xperimentl- Those robots are so cool.  I really like your use of colour and your choice of background.  It makes the whole image pop and I agree with pearliepie the hearts do look like confetti which makes the image even more sweet.

Fiorinda- The detail on your butterfly is absolutely amazing and very inspiring I love the different textures and the way the compliment each other.

Troublet- You have captured Alices movement perfectly and her face.  I struggle so much embroidering faces, but your piece has definately encouraged me to try again.  I also love the little pincushion you did.  I might have to try that myself.

Automaton J. - The owl is wonderful.  I like his vintage feel and his striking eyes.

Chrissews- Not only is your project beautifully made, but it is so inspired.  So original, I love it.  The detail is amazing too.

Sevsonlygirl- I love sailor Jerry and your piece is awesome.  I'm hoping to start embroidering a little purse for myself this weekend with a heart and bluebird on it and its definately been encouraged by your lovely embroidery.  I really like the fact you have personalised it too.  Lovely!

Karimusbunch- That mermaid is incredible.  The shading on the skin and the details in the hair are wonderful not to mention those scales... gorgeous!

prttynpnk- I love the bright colours you have used.  Its a pretty summery piece and very happy piece.  Im not surprised you want one for your own as well.

Hope you all dont mind me commenting like this.  Id have loved to have commented at the time, but I always feel a bit rushed after work and I wanted to do them all justice.
Overall I just want to say how inspiring all the embroidery I have seen in this gallery is.  I dont get a lot of time to craft anymore, but seeing all these lovely projects has inspired me to make more time again for it.
I also managed some better lit pictures of Pearliepies piece this evening so I hope to upload those soon.  Im not sure what I will do with it yet, because I kind of love it a lot so dont want to use it anywhere it will get damaged.  If I end up framing it, it will definately be taking pride of place in my bedroom and when I get a place of my own in my lounge where everyone can see it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SevsOnlyGirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2010 06:15:18 PM »

Jolyon - I love that you commented all at once, it made me go back and look at everything again! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mindboggld
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2010 03:46:03 PM »

That mermaid is AH MAZING! WOW!  I love her!!!

Those birds are just super adorable too!

And lany - wow! What a great and thoughtful panel!  My fave is Link Cheesy

GREAT JOB!   We have some AWESOME talent in here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

barbolot
Tutorial Contributor

A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: April 29, 2010 11:55:02 AM »

Craft FAIL.

One more reason my panel was sent late.  (I scrapped it, and started over... new design and everything!)  I might salvage this one, and embrace the coffee-stained-ness.  But it's still too soon.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #84 on: April 29, 2010 11:59:28 AM »

oh no!!  dye the whole thing with coffee and call it vintage! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

barbolot
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: April 29, 2010 12:10:21 PM »

oh no!!  dye the whole thing with coffee and call it vintage! Cheesy

The whole thing did end up soaked.... it definitely looks vintage!  LOL!  I'll probably finish it some other day.  Not today!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blupaisan

crayyyyyyzeeeeeee about cats!!!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/WackobelleEarrings

« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2010 09:00:13 AM »

prttynpnk -  yours is one of my most favorite embroidered pieces i have seen on this site!  thank you for making it so i could admire it and smile.!  :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It were lightnin'...
schnerby
« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2010 03:54:12 PM »

Houg Barbolot. I know that can feel totally awful.

But, with a little time I hope you will be able to embrace the stain and either work with it or process it (dye it further, whatever) to make this part of the piece.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Sketchbook Project 2012 My theme: Hope

I have hundreds of purple buttons (a few different styles). Personal swap?
barbolot
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2010 03:12:13 PM »

My sweet partner, prttynpnk, received from me last week, but is having photo issues, so I thought I'd go ahead and post pics of what I sent.  (Hope that's OK, partner!  Please post your pics, too!)  Smiley

Well, you saw my first attempt (the coffee fiasco!) so I decided to scrap the entire design and start over.  I made an ~8"x8" panel, for a tote, or wall art, or whatever.  I stitched it on reclaimed linen.... I tried some new stitches, and practiced some old favorites.  I learned a lot with this piece, and thoroughly enjoyed it! 

I don't think it's usually wonky, if it's laid out properly.  Wink

Here's a closeup of the fawn and cone flowers:

This is my favorite part:

This was my first attempt at a fill with french knots (which I love, btw!) 
There are a few more pics in my flickr, if anyone wants a peek. 
Thanks so much for hosting this swap, mindboggld.  A big thank you to both my partner and our org for your very gracious patience!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

schnerby
« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2010 05:05:14 PM »

It's lovely. Really fitting for the text.

I'm sure your partner was happy to get that.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Sketchbook Project 2012 My theme: Hope

I have hundreds of purple buttons (a few different styles). Personal swap?
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Age Brass
How to Age Copper
How to Age Paper
How to Age Wood
How to Antique Your Own Paper
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...