A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,745
Currently Running With Scissors:
647 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: California Residents! help please!  (Read 1039 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MissMina
« on: March 16, 2010 06:28:47 AM »

I'm planning on getting married on 10-10-10 (of course) but the only thing is I don't have a venue!
I'm only having about 20 people and want a bar or restaurant, we are all over 21, that has a patio or a roof top. Any one know of such a place?

I was really hoping to book the Chabot space and science center's planetarium (we are huge geeks) but is $5000!!! Thats almost my WHOLE budget! for that kind of money we can buy our own telescope!

I'm from North Dakota originally and I really have no clue where to look for a venue! My fiance is from California and wants to get married there!

PLEASE HELP!!!

thank you!!

ps I'll be posting an official wedding blog tonight after school, but now I have to pretend to be an adult going back to school!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hair,cars,yarn,and resin. I've got it covered!
pantsafari
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010 11:32:37 AM »

Hi MissMina!

Im in LA county, not sure where in ca you are. Im having a similar issue- venues out here are SO pricey.  chek out projectwedding.com  or Yelp.com  both have reviews and links and such.  you can also just call up restaurants in the area. and ask around- theres always somebody that knows somebody that can help you out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The never ending quest for pants continues...
MissMina
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010 05:59:51 PM »

Thank you!
I found that when a venue emailed me back about a closing they had included at least 5 other venues that were along the same lines!
I got a tip about an out door park that I'm really excited about! But I'm afraid I'm going to have to change my date Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hair,cars,yarn,and resin. I've got it covered!
pantsafari
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010 11:16:18 AM »

Im sorry that you have to change your date Sad  it is a pretty popular one though, that may be part of the reason venues are so expensive-theyll find any reason to up the price.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The never ending quest for pants continues...
shastaw2006
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010 08:56:54 PM »

California is awfully big... did you have an idea of where you'd like to be at? You might look at the Padre hotel in Bakersfield, CA. They have a rooftop bar that is opening next week or so and you might be able to get your 10-10-10 date. worth looking into, anyway.
www.thepadrehotel.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sunshinesmiles
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010 12:01:22 AM »

I'm not sure where you are, but in downtown San Diego I know there's a rooftop bar at the Ivy hotel and I think there's another one as well...

I went to the one I'm forgetting the name of right now and it has an awesome view of the baseball stadium, the bay, and Coronado Island. Of course, it's probably really pricey, as I'm finding out most of the things worth having are. :/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Crafts a Year for 2010: I have to recount...
juiceamaphone
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010 08:34:29 AM »

I found my venue through the local boards on The Knot. You should definitely check it out!  We wanted 10-10-10 as well, but had to change to get the venue we wanted. We were originally looking for a place like you described, but we ended up falling in love with this beautiful Japanese garden in Lodi (northern california) wine country. It has an events hall right next to it, and best of all they are both part of the parks system so it was super cheap! I found that almost everywhere I looked was booked for 10-10-10 Sad
Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use the Flame Elements for Photoshop
How to Customize Football Cutouts template
How to Resize a Page in Photoshop
How to Add Texture
How to Add Photos to a Frame
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Bird Feeder
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
I See London; I See France!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...