A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 299,152
Currently Running With Scissors:
639 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: my first garment crochet: bumblebee pasty and g-string set.  (Read 3964 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

msface
« on: March 15, 2010 11:28:47 AM »

i am a left-handed person who taught herself to crochet right-handed. it has taken me literally ages to get down the simple swoops and maneuvers that someone with the right-hand advantage would already have. i know that there are books/tutorials on how to crochet left-handed, but i found it best to just learn the most popular way; to get the biggest bang for my buck, so to speak. i have made minor items, such as washcloths, coasters, and potholders, but wanted to try something simple and new. my cousin recently requested a simple, black bikini, and i promised her that i would have it made for her trip to vegas, which is about a month or so away.

i can do sc, dc, hdc, and so on, but felt the need to go ahead and learn to increase/decrease before trying to tackle this project. in the process of learning to decrease and decide how to formulate the bottoms for her bikini, i decided to make a g-string.

in the process of learning to increase by adding multiple stitches into one stitch, i made a circle and formed the pasties.

so, what started out as practice for the big she-bang ended in the resulting bumblebee pasty/g-string set: my first "garments".

i modeled the size of the g-string to my own proportions, all with sc, and then, when making the pasties, simply formed a 6-chain circle, with the first row being 12dc, second row being 24dc, and third row being 36dc. i then made simple black tassels and sewed them into the pasties!

i think that this ensemble would be cute to show off to a partner or even as a performance piece when paired with a black corset that only cinches the midriff. lemme know what you guys think about it!

-laci
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaleidoscope_eyes
dimestore diamond -shines just like the real thing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010 12:22:41 PM »

i love it! it would look adorable with a black waist cincher! great job -i'm inspired to crochet some of my own pasties!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

msface
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010 12:27:36 PM »

thank you! they're so easy to do...you can even throw in color combos, weird stitching, and things like that. i posted this pic to facebook about an hour ago and already have multiple requests from girlfriends for sets! i'm almost finished with a purple and black setup for my mom's best friend (hehe). when i'm finished with that one, i'll post it in this same thread! i don't think enough credit is given for people who have risque tastes--especially for burlesque and things of that sort, in regard to crochet and other d.i.y. disciplines. there is now a burlesque troupe in the city in which i live, and i have numerous ideas for them in regard to performance pieces! i recall viewing a website that had a show in which every garment was either knitted or crocheted...i was in awe.

thanks for your support!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

msface
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010 12:33:04 PM »

finished pasties. working on g-string!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Flia
Purple butterfly

Yarn, pearls, thread, pearls, yarn, yarn, yarn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010 01:24:33 PM »

You're good att self teaching.
Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

msface
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010 01:37:53 PM »

thanks!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amazing_784
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010 01:38:39 PM »

I'm glad to see another self-taught crocheter!  I taught myself ages ago (like 15 years or so), but never got bold enough to make g-strings.  Maybe this year....  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

msface
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010 02:31:18 PM »

you should try...it's highly addictive! i use lion cotton to make them so they don't retain odor, and they still feel soft enough to wear. i haven't went out with them on yet, though, so i don't know how they will stand up to everyday use. =)

and now...completed set #2!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Maria Merlino
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

An Invitation to You to Explore My Work

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010 12:36:41 AM »

Sexy!!!! Love the sets!

Maria
THIS ROCKS   Logged

funkychik02
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2010 11:11:25 AM »

Will you sell these?  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Motion 3: Motion Tracking in Motion Part 1
Final Cut Studio 2: 8 and 32bit Floating Point
Final Cut Pro/Express: Clip Speed
Final Cut Pro 6: 3 Point Editing
Color: Using the Saturation Curve Editor
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...