A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,280
Currently Running With Scissors:
365 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mother's Day  (Read 663 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Shadowpie17
« on: May 03, 2005 04:44:19 PM »

I need to save up money  and I just want to give my mom something truly from the heart with a bit of creativity for mothers day.  I already got her a book she really wanted, but I want to get her a little extra something.  Please help.  THanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love Shady-pie! (my adorable puppy!)
pinkdanceshoes
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005 08:35:00 AM »

Remember when you were a kid - did you ever make those little COUPON books for your mom?  Well I was thinking about doing something like that .. only just say  " entitles you to a day of beauty  - given by me ! " and make some homemade remedies (theres good ones at pioneerthinking.com) to include with the little coupon and then give her a makeover myself ..

I'm on a low budget as well!! 

If your mom appreciates things you make for her .. make her a burnt CD of songs she loves and make her breakfast or something and suprise her with a CD ..

What kind of things is your mom interested in, job/fun/music/activity/hobby?  I have lots of ideas ..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Shadowpie17
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005 12:45:27 PM »

I know that my mom is interested in hobbies like reading and baking and things like that.  She doesn't sew or knit or anything related to that (like crocheting either).  She likes music like John Denver and Jom Croce and Peter Paul & Mary.  I can't think of much else, although I think she might enjoy starting a scrapbook, which I do and she has never tried.  Thanks for your ideas so far.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love Shady-pie! (my adorable puppy!)
garyn
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005 01:21:00 PM »

My sister isn't crafty at all, but she loooves sending cards out... she even has that card organizer from hallmark and buys cards just to buy them. So for her birthday, I got a basket and filled it with stuff to make cards, ( cardstock, stickers, glue, fun scrapbook paper, an envelope filled with cute stuff from magazines she could use, trims, brads and eyelets, etc etc.) and she loved it. It's an easy craft for someone not so crafty and doesn't take much time  to make one... so you could do something like that, even for the scrapbooking thing. Check out the dollar tree, they started carrying this kind of stuff, so it isn't so expensive Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Art Caddy
Everyone needs more fiber!
April 29, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...