A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 300,926
Currently Running With Scissors:
613 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: hanging TP holder  (Read 404 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mae57
« on: March 14, 2010 09:56:18 PM »

Smiley Has anyone made a simple 3-tier Hanging TP holder? I saw one for sale already crocheted with a simple flower on the front . Would like to see if anyone else has made one it consists of HDC and DC. It will hold 3 rolls of TP paper and hangs on a hook. Would like a pattern if someone can share  Huh
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011 04:47:27 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you have this Simplicity dress pattern #7202 from 1996's please E-Mail me
kiewiet
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010 04:45:48 AM »

I can remember those from my youth! There used to be tons of patterns available but now they are really scarce.
There is this one which is quite cute:

http://www.crochetnmore.com/toilettissuecoverhanging.htm

you may be able to adapt the pattern

Is this what you have in mind?(sorry no pattern there!)
http://mickidmw.blogspot.com/2008/03/my-rendition-of-hanging-toilet-tissue.html (its in the 29 march 2008 post )
It looks as if it is 15 stitches wide and enough rows to go over the rolls. I would measure over three rolls of tp and allow an extra 1" (or so) for space to slide the rolls in and then crochet the strip that lenght. You can either sew the areas in between the rolls or (if your math is good and its not 2am  Wink) you can crochet the seams together as you go along to form the partitions. The top is just a decrease like in a dishcloth topper. The edging can be as complicated or as simple as you like. There are heaps of flower patterns on the net - so many it is hard to choose one!
EG. crochet 19 chainst. Dc in 4th chain from hook and every chain across. repeat until strip is long enough to accomodate the rolls then attach to the beginning row. Dc across and then work decreases on either side until only 8 dcs are left. Cover a round wooden ring with sc making sure the ring is completely covered and attach to the top of the cover. Work a simple shell edging along both sides ( sc, skip enough space to make the next dcgroup stand nicely. do dc group(2 dc , ch1, 2dc) into same space , skip enough space etc, sc, dcgroup etc)
 I hope what I wrote made sense! Aks away if it doesn't! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mae57
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010 09:05:17 AM »

Smiley Thanks that is so helpful but I still need to know how to crochet the tiers together between each section  Huh.  I have only seen one. That picture really helped  Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you have this Simplicity dress pattern #7202 from 1996's please E-Mail me
kiewiet
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010 12:51:52 AM »

I am rather enamoured of the puple flower one myself - pity I bulk buy TP - a 42 tier one may just be a bit over the top I think Cheesy
I suspect the one in the pic with the purple flowers was actually stitched at the joins - if you upsize the pic it seems to have stitches running across in the same color thread. This would make creating the item much easier as you could just do a long strip and then sew the seams to separate the tiers.
I reckon that way you could also experiment with different stitch patterns easily

To crochet the tiers together would be the same as when you crochet blocks/squares together - stitch through both sections together. This will leave a single line of stitches, then carry on with the rest of the project.

there is a pic here to show the single crochet seam - you could just use that technique through or around the stitches in the back.
http://www.knitsimplemag.com/node/34
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get an Easy Waterfall Braid
Summer Hair Cut Trend: The Long Bob
Bad Hair Day? Blame the Copper in Your Water Pipes!
Hottest Summer Wedding Hair Styles
Wedding Hair Inspiration: Vintage Updo
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...