A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 300,924
Currently Running With Scissors:
439 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Moving away gift for BEST FRIEND  (Read 4096 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Shadowpie17
« on: May 03, 2005 04:24:10 PM »

8)Like I said before in my first posting, my best friend is moving away.  I need some ideas (I have about 2 months to make her a present) for a going away gift.  I want it to be special.  Thanks for all the help.  I am really grateful for it!  I need ANY ideas anyone might have!  Thanx    Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love Shady-pie! (my adorable puppy!)
hakue
Creative Chaos

You can't put that on a steak and eat it!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005 05:46:39 PM »

Are you big on scrapbooking?  You could make her a scrapbook so she will always remember the things the two of you did together.  Sorry, that's all I can think of at the moment.  What kind of things does your friend like?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art."
Tom Stoppard  

Horrah for quotes! Cheesy
Shadowpie17
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005 12:55:02 PM »

Well, her favorite color is purple.  She plays the piano and the flute and has 7 other siblings.  Also, she LOVES makeup, especially nailpolish... and stuff like that.  Um... she likes a lot of board games.  SHE IS THE GIRLIEST PERSON I KNOW, if that helps.  Thanks for the idea.  I am VERY INTO scrapbooking!   Thank you for your help so far!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love Shady-pie! (my adorable puppy!)
hakue
Creative Chaos

You can't put that on a steak and eat it!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2005 01:53:46 PM »

Then the scrapbook might be a good idea.  You could also make her a purse (maybe a purple one  Cheesy), and inside put lots of girly things.  Nail polish, lipgloss, hair stuff, makeup, a mirror, etc.  That would be cute. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art."
Tom Stoppard  

Horrah for quotes! Cheesy
DrewsUSAgirl
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2005 02:30:39 PM »

If you make a scrapbook  it would be cooll to make some pages that a decorated with room for pics of her new life.  Maybe some of the pages decorated wtih some envelopes too ...to add moments. Some suggestions (music them pages for band programs etc, new school colors & or mascot, themed around her new city, town state,)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
crafty_jen
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2005 03:28:24 PM »

My best friend moved away a few months ago. For her present I covered a cigarbox with some pretty paper and filled it with all little bits and pieces of things she likes (scented candles, little bottles of lotion and body wash, chocolates, some little beaded braclets and a necklace, a tiny bottle of vodka, etc)

If you scrapbook you could do a little collage inside the lid and fill it with thigns she likes, or little crafty projects for her to do?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2005 12:48:04 PM »

You could always make her some cards/stationary and giver her a really cool (purple, maybe?!) pen and some stamps so she can write to you. And even though it's not crafty...if she's moving long distance, you could get her a calling card for those midnight chats you guys will have to have.

If you don't have time to do a scrapbook, you could decorate a frame and put a favorite picture of the two of you in it.

You could make a cool journal and it could be one of those things where she keeps it for like a month (or a few weeks) and writes in it and sends it to you, and then you write in it (every day) and send it back to her...so that you guys always know what's going on with each other.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Create the Ultimate Bubble Bath with This Easy Recipe
Take Years Off of Your Face With These Secret Skincare Tips
Why Baby Care Products Are Good for Your Skin
Carrie Underwood’s Beauty Secret
Target Adds Luxury Skincare Products
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...