A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,386
Currently Running With Scissors:
707 Guests and 46 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing ATC Swap - March 2010 - Gallery  (Read 7019 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

calluna
« on: March 13, 2010 09:43:34 PM »

Post what you receive here!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
MunLtStmpr
We're on craftster because we love to create. Why should we settle for what we currently are?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010 05:04:16 PM »

Krafty_Karasu's surprise arrived yesterday!

WOW!  The stitching is amazingly tiny.  How long did it take you to make this?  Thank you so much!

I blurred out Krafty's email, but that was as beautifully stitched!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I find joy in creating and helping others create not just jewelry and crafts but best of all, the life they want.
MyPins
MyArt
Life & Creativity Coaching
MunLtStmpr
We're on craftster because we love to create. Why should we settle for what we currently are?

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010 06:55:07 PM »

Angelus received her Monty Python's Holy Grail today but she's needing to mend it and having computer problems.  So, she's OK with me posting the picks.  Sorry they're not very clear.  Too shiny for the scanner.

Holy Grail ATC is on the left.  The other one is an extra.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I find joy in creating and helping others create not just jewelry and crafts but best of all, the life they want.
MyPins
MyArt
Life & Creativity Coaching
calluna
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010 08:36:24 PM »

kartiana claimed my "world religions" theme, and sent me the ATC, a separate sheet about the religion she picked, a note explaining the meaning of the card, AND the very first inchies I have ever received!

This was a useful choice as well since the Baha'i faith is the one major organized religion I didn't know a thing about (I knew the name but nothing else).
kartiana explained that the number 9 is very significant in the Baha'i faith, and the 9-pointed star is a symbol used often, so she made this 9-pointed star with 9 layers of paper. i can't figure out how she got all these stacked shapes so concisely shaped and cut.
and inchies! yay! textures, metallic and glitter paints, colored pencil and sharpie (i'm guessing) backgrounds; i haven't tried making any yet but i'm glad to start a collection!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010 09:52:07 AM »

I used colored pencils and crayons to make my first sets of inchies. I think those ones are colored pencils. Glad you like them  Cheesy

I made the stars by finding an image online, cutting/pasting it into Word then sizing it. I sized the biggest star first and then made the next star a size or two smaller and so on.... then cut around each star (not perfectly), taped them onto the paper, then cut it out  Cheesy It took some time, but I think it was well worth it  Smiley I made one for my mom too (since we're Baha'i) except her's is a magnet, not an ATC  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Collecting plaid flannel and denim (6.5" x 6.5" or larger) for a rag quilt, willing to swap for fabric Wink
FoxyMama
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

So many fabrics, so little time . . .

FoxyMama loves her FoxyBaby!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010 08:52:04 AM »

Cheesy  Wow, what great cards to start off the March swap! I LOVE the cat, Krafty_Karasu  Grin I enjoy cross stitch but it always takes me FOREVER to finish a project  Embarrassed so I would be really scared to try one for the ATC swap - Beautiful Card!  Kiss

~Martha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In creating, the only hard thing's to begin; A grass-blade's no easier to make than an oak.
James Russell Lowell
Krafty_Karasu
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010 08:03:20 AM »

in answer to your question Mun, DAYS.  it took me days and days.  Cheesy  I'm just upset that I miscalculated the sizes and couldn't attach the back to the front.  Angry  but that's why I put it in a sleeve.  that way they can be kept together.  Grin

once again I used 22 count Aida cloth.  that's 22 stitches per inch.  I can't always use my 14 count for ATCs.  the images get too big.  Tongue

the way I originally had this laid out was I had 5 different breeds, each with a set of yarn balls covering up the look of a cat heads floating around (yup, those are little balls of yarn.  I was thrilled when I accidentally found that).  then I realized that I had it set up for an object that was 3.5 inches by 2.5 inches; the size of an ATC.  as a finished cross stitch picture on 11 count cloth, it would have been 8.5 inches by 11.5 inches; about the size of a standard piece of paper.  Roll Eyes  so I had to choose one cat, and I decided to go with the Siamese.  Grin

I love that kartiana is starting us off with inchies!  (well, at least those of us who have never made inchies  Wink  they might be an addition to someone else's collection.)  I need to start making some of my own!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
kartiana

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010 08:23:12 AM »

I love that kartiana is starting us off with inchies!  (well, at least those of us who have never made inchies  Wink  they might be an addition to someone else's collection.)  I need to start making some of my own!
Grin I finally got around to figuring out what an inchie was and then decided to try making some... then made about a thousand backgrounds (using markers, crayons, and colored pencils [thanks to my preschool  Wink ])... then decorated them with more preschool art supplies... then had no idea what to do with them!  Roll Eyes Then decided to share them with the wold, starting with my ATC partners  Cheesy Glad you guys like them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Collecting plaid flannel and denim (6.5" x 6.5" or larger) for a rag quilt, willing to swap for fabric Wink
calluna
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010 01:21:09 PM »

i am so excited to have this ATC from audio-astrophysics!

i don't even know where to begin. i just love everything about it. thank you!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kartiana

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010 09:05:22 AM »

I received a robots ATC from Cayce  Cheesy It is so cute, I love it!

Pic with ribbon:

Pic without ribbon so you can see the cute robot and background a little better:

I love the heart  Cheesy

It's based on a show that I think I've heard of, but I haven't seen it before. Now I want to watch it  Smiley

and since I'm posting pics... here is the Baha'i star magnet I made for my mom:

I made it the same way that I made the one for calluna's ATC, just with slightly different paper. I'm proud of it and my mom loves it, she wants to make her own now and teach the Baha'i kids in her community how to make them  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sandcastle: Creating the Sand Pile
Creating the Towers of the Sandcastle
How to Build a Sandcastle
Sandcastle: Creating the Crenelations and Cut-Through Arches
Sandcastle: Creating the Crenelated Wall and Staircase
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...