A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,720
Currently Running With Scissors:
650 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Altoids / Mini Tin Swap!  (Read 15969 times)
Tags for this thread: altoids_tin  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Shotgun_Bettie

Yup I'm Back..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: June 01, 2005 11:09:43 PM »

I was out of town for a few days and my wonderful tin came from Sandy, 706designs.
I don't have my camera right now but she sent me a "Monster Beach Party" It is so cute. The tin was covered with microbeads over a fish designand there were beach "accessories"  (snorkel and fins) on the inside lid. There was a finger puppet monster, monster sand (micro beads), monster water, (an assortment of blue, green purple seed beads) monster beach towel ( a piece of ribbon), a monster bikini, ( a bracelet with two larger beads toward the center, to look like a bikini)and some erasers shaped like food, sunglasses and a beach ball. It is great. Thanks so much!!!!!!!!

Omg I wanna see that tin!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting O.C.D at it's finest...
daydreamer13579
« Reply #101 on: June 02, 2005 04:54:23 PM »

We were at my in laws this weekend and I forgot the digital camera, and I don't want it mailed so I won't have it back until July 4th. Sorry.

But believe me, it is sooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

706Designs
"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong" -Joseph Chilton Pearce

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 02, 2005 05:54:02 PM »

Sorry, I didn't get a picture take as my power cord has ran away. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ducktape_diva

Book'em good-lookin'

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 03, 2005 12:09:18 PM »

I got my tin from Ducktape_Diva, It is really cool.  And she included some really nice earrings!  i dont know how to explain them right, but they are like blue and white beads, oriental looking beads... ya know?  anyway they are really pretty.  The tin has a red cover with a panda on it, its super cute!  the bottom is a cream or off whiteish, with a floral design in the corners/sides.  It is really nicley made, and doesnt scratch.  I am really impressed.  I learned a lot of valuable lessons from this swap, such as resin doesnt work well over acrylic paint... and... if you screw with altoids tins for too long they fall aparrt... what else?  I had a hard time with mine, but hopefully Ducktape will find some beauty in it.  hehe.  I tried really hard to make it look decent.  AHHHH Anyways.  Thanks so much Ducktape for the tin, I loooooovvveee it!!!

-Liquid

Thank you, so much for the tin that you made me!!! I love all the little pennies on it and the coppery feel of the tin. The little felt hearts on the inside are cut out so perfectly showing a level of skill that I have yet to achieve. I'm glad to hear you liked the tin I made you. It was my sixth try, I finally gave up on trying to use polmer clay. I just couldn't get the tin to close right no matter what I did.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Shotgun_Bettie

Yup I'm Back..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: June 05, 2005 05:11:11 PM »

I must say I'm so impressed with all these tins!!

I'm going to post pics of the one I made Plumpea, after trying my @ss off with Polymer clay (sculpy) I just wasn't happy how my tins came out so last minute I decided to try something different with the round Altoids Sours tin I had.
I ended up making a little 'iced cake' out of felt Smiley

Heres the outside, I ran out of one color pink felt so I had to use 2. The top of the tin is pink sparkly felt, then I added a little quilt batting underneath, glued on some pretty little star sprinkles, and a 'cherry' button on top.

The bottom and sides, I used a polka dot grosgrain ribbon for the 'cake cup' and plain brown for the bottom, and TRIED to make the icing on the sides look cute. (it's handsewn to the top then glued down)

And then inside, my partner likes pink, and stars, so I used up some shiney star stickers I had, they kinda match the sprinkles I think.

I had WAY more fun making this then my horrible foray with polymer clay, and I'm just happy Plumpea likes it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting O.C.D at it's finest...
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 05, 2005 06:17:36 PM »

AH!!  Bettie, that is way cute!  It looks edibley cute actually.  Cheesy  I am inspired to bake tonight now.. my boyfriend will thank you.

Don't feel bad about the Polymer clay.. I had plenty of issues with it!! 

Along with Hearty clay... that stuff really brought my Altoid tin dreams crashing down.  LOL.  I wanted to make Plumerias & Hibiscus (flowers) & attach them to the top of a round tin... for Hawaiilove, but my clay just wasn't having it.  I had never used it...so thought I would give it a go... inspired by http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=28687.0
No such luck, LOL.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
ithnkuno
« Reply #106 on: June 05, 2005 06:30:25 PM »

I used the tout from that website, http://www.desiredcreations.com/howTo_PJCoverAltoid.htm on how to do it with polymer clay. I rolled out the clay with a cheapy little press made for kids to use with playdough I got for a few bucks at Big Lots, and then rolled textures in it to cover the boo boos, so imperfections weren't a big thing. It's a good tout, and it's been posted on craftster before, don't give up, it wasn't too hard. I then painted it with acrylic paint and rubbed some away, so you could appreciate the texture, then painted a little glitter paint on it, and poly acryliced the whole thing. I wish I had a pic, oh please post one Grasshopper! Maybe I will make another and post how tos with it. MMMM, I could do that tonight maybe...........
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.monkeyandme.etsy.com
http://www.myspace.com/ithnkuno
"every child is born an artist, the challenge is how to remain an artist when they grow up." picasso
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 05, 2005 06:36:10 PM »

I used the tout from that website, http://www.desiredcreations.com/howTo_PJCoverAltoid.htm on how to do it with polymer clay. I rolled out the clay with a cheapy little press made for kids to use with playdough I got for a few bucks at Big Lots, and then rolled textures in it to cover the boo boos, so imperfections weren't a big thing. It's a good tout, and it's been posted on craftster before, don't give up, it wasn't too hard. I then painted it with acrylic paint and rubbed some away, so you could appreciate the texture, then painted a little glitter paint on it, and poly acryliced the whole thing. I wish I had a pic, oh please post one Grasshopper! Maybe I will make another and post how tos with it. MMMM, I could do that tonight maybe...........

WOW!   Shocked   That sounds awesome!  Yes... you want to craft... tonight... definitely... I can feel it, I know you want to.  LOL  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
ithnkuno
« Reply #108 on: June 05, 2005 09:03:28 PM »

Still bummed that I didn't have a pic of my creation, I made another polymer clay tin tonight,
(feelin' the craft!!!!! sweets4ever) and posted a tutorial!
I got a wild hair up my butt, and wanted to help free my fellow craftsters from polymer clay frustration.
If you ever decide to give it another go friends, I hope this helps.
Much love, I'm goin to bed!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=38260.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.monkeyandme.etsy.com
http://www.myspace.com/ithnkuno
"every child is born an artist, the challenge is how to remain an artist when they grow up." picasso
grasshopper

Do you like me? Make an assessment.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #109 on: June 06, 2005 09:50:49 AM »

Hey guys!!  You make me feel so warm and fuzzy!  I always worry when I send something off that my partner is going to think I am a disaster!  I'm glad you liked my creations!!  And, ithnkuno, I don't have a camera but I might be able to hijack the one here at work for a while!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The time has come
The walrus said
To talk of many things-
Of shoes and ships and sealing wax-
Of cabbages and kings.
And why the sea is boiling hot
And whether pigs have wings.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Almond Snowballs
Spirited Bourbon-Pecan-Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
How to Make Elegant Praline Rugelach
How to Make Red Velvet Brownies
Gola Maker
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...