A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,363
Currently Running With Scissors:
370 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Altoids / Mini Tin Swap!  (Read 17322 times)
Tags for this thread: altoids_tin  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Shotgun_Bettie

Yup I'm Back..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2005 08:47:59 PM »

Wow.....* blinks* That's one amazingly cool tin!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting O.C.D at it's finest...
Shotgun_Bettie

Yup I'm Back..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2005 08:53:20 PM »

Wowsers! Everyone's stuff looks fabulous! How do you get the photos on the clay?!  I'm sure there's some tut for that somewhere, right?

anyway, I received my wonderful tin from graciepetunia today and wanted to share it with everyone.  I am a competitive cyclist so she keyed in on my cycling habit, and the tin came at the perfect time since I crashed in a race yesterday and had been feeling quite down (and sore) today.  Totally made my crummy day brighter.   Here are the photos of the tin...and the extras she sent!!

Isn't it darling?! I love it!  Inside was a tiny set of knitting needles with some yarn, patterns and rings for a bracelet. the rings are inside the round little metal canister that has a magnet on the back. So cute!

And here are the extras she sent along for my two kiddos! The 6 yr old quickly claimed the toothbrush and made up a Toothbrush Dance, and the 2 1/2 yr old loves the octapus.  They insisted on showing them off themselves!

As my older one said of my goodies, "Mommy, she is ON it!!"

I will now post some photos of the tin I sent her...

talk about AMAZING.... extras!!! wow! And your kids are sooo cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting O.C.D at it's finest...
PinkMafia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2005 09:44:32 PM »

graciepetunia and rocketlettuce- Those tins ROCK! I'm so impressed by everyones creativity. I love this gallery.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costume maven.
PinkMafia

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2005 10:38:47 PM »

OH MY GOODNESS! I must have some good karma because I got the MOST amazing package. Not one or two but FOUR tins and one is HUGE! I will post pics tomorrow but I must warn you- you will be green with envy  Wink. Thank you so much sweets4ever! You really outdid yourself and I love everything. If you already have pics feel free to post them otherwise I will manana. Mahalo!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costume maven.
ithnkuno
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2005 03:02:16 AM »

we were both first time swappers, too!

well I hope you'll both become regular swappers now!!! Awesome job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.monkeyandme.etsy.com
http://www.myspace.com/ithnkuno
"every child is born an artist, the challenge is how to remain an artist when they grow up." picasso
graciepetunia
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2005 05:51:05 AM »

Thanks for posting the pictures rocketlettuce, and I'm so glad your kids liked their stuff. Gosh, are they cute. This was so fun, although I must say I had the best partner ! TEE HEE
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn Ho,will work for yarn!
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2005 07:47:33 AM »

Wowsers!!  I love the cycling tin!!  I cycle, too.. so it totally hits home!  I hope you recover from you crash... Wink  I am sure that tin will cheer ya up bunches, it's so cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

**Entry period extended to May 20!** From concerts to musicals and more, what events inspire YOU?  Craft and enter for a chance to win a chunk of over $500 in prizes!
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2005 08:03:04 AM »

OH MY GOODNESS! I must have some good karma because I got the MOST amazing package. Not one or two but FOUR tins and one is HUGE! I will post pics tomorrow but I must warn you- you will be green with envy  Wink. Thank you so much sweets4ever! You really outdid yourself and I love everything. If you already have pics feel free to post them otherwise I will manana. Mahalo!!!!!

Oh... thank goodness.  I am so happy you like them; I was awful worried!!  Swappers jitters to the max, LOL.  You were awesome to swap with, I have so many materials that fit perfect to the profile you provided...and you are so funky/cute, it was a lot of fun!  I do have pictures... I am a photo-holic.  Probably a little too much, lol.  Here are some... and the rest can be found at http://www.columbusgamers.com/sweetness/altoidtins.htm

Here's the before  Undecided

Here's the after  Smiley

First, I made a little trinket tin out of a round Altoid tin.  It's beaded with my rendition of a tattoo Hawaiilove has Wink  I put together a little Wax Sealing Kit with her initial and one of her favorite shapes & tucked it inside.

Then I made a belt... she said she liked faeries (& I read she liked feathers)... I made it out of pop tabs & fuzzy (feather-like, lol!) knitting yarn, and an oblong altoid tin with a decoupage image of a fairy garden.

Then... I made a beach from a rectangular tin.  I thought she could teach her daughter to ski & jetski in it, LOL.  There are magnets on the bottom, so the little people move around on the water... Hawaiilove doesn't like pastels, so I hope she forgives the colors... Sad  I'm a dork & didn't see that until I painted the base.

Lastly, I wanted something to pack the goodies in, so I used a humongous Altoid tin we had.  I received it at Christmas with an Altoid assortment...so it was perfect for a purse!  ;-)  I rockabillied it out (or I tried to) with decoupaged images, and some pink polka dots, lol.  I used a bike chain choker for the handle.

http://www.columbusgamers.com/sweetness/altoidtins.htm

« Last Edit: July 08, 2010 09:15:07 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

**Entry period extended to May 20!** From concerts to musicals and more, what events inspire YOU?  Craft and enter for a chance to win a chunk of over $500 in prizes!
hercuteness
wonderfulonium

Give me a week or two to go absolutely cuckoo.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2005 08:23:18 AM »

holy crap!  HO-LEE Kuh-RAP!  i can't believe all the work you did.  fantastic!

how did you attach the bike chain to the purse?

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You got no fear of the underdog. . .that's why you will not survive!

PHOTOGRAPHY - It's what I do, and I'm pretty darn good.
http://www.fulltiltphotography.com/

FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1261437978

MYSPACE
http://www.myspace.com/nadiacaffesse
rocketlettuce

my mommy is craftier than yer mommy! rice pudding!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2005 08:23:51 AM »

dang, girlie! those are awesome! above and beyond the "one tin" swap! I'm impressed.

i am totally hooked on the swap concept! thanks to my great partner for having this be a success for me!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Unique Ways to Grill Fruits and Vegetables
Doritos Jacked 3D Campaign Hits Mobile Devices; Scan Your Chips for Content
How to Make Green Chile Grits
How To Make Baby Back Rib Mac And Cheese
How to Make Beef, Corn, and Potato Hobo Packs
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...