A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,360
Currently Running With Scissors:
549 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Back From The Grave ((again)) [[IMG HUGE]]  (Read 2233 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SinDoll
Adam West

Wednesday grew up

View Profile WWW
« on: March 10, 2010 06:15:04 PM »

What's Up Craftsterholics?

I moved AGAIN.

I counted, it's the 18th time I've moved. And in a week and a half I'll be moving AGAIN ((We moved into my parent's house for the moment until the other house we are moving into is empty))

I've been like a gypsy. Oh and I shaved my head! So some of these pics are me with blue hair, then with a chelsea, and some with no hair at all!

Here's what I've been up to. I hope i'm not reposting anything!

I reconstructed this tee I bought my dear sweet husband who wore it like twice, then saw someone else wearing it and refused to wear it again, into a skirt!

It's so comfortable!

I had serious issues trying to figure out how to sew the diagonal lines together. I was serious kamikaze sewing, not really thinking things through, and just cutting bits out and hoping they'd turn out! I think it did!

This one was fun! I'd cut up a black doona cover one day when I was in desperate need of some plack fabric, and only had the ends left. I stitched elastic through the top of it, and left it a huge rectangle. I appliqued two zebra-print lovehearts onto the front ((or back, or side, wherever I want to wear it)) and then simply undid the snaps! YES! Those white dots are the snaps that keep your donna inside the cover!

I have an idea to make a bag similar to this, that can be worn as a skirt.

By the way, these are the leftovers of my 31 skirts project some of you might remember! I never did get around to finishing it, as I hopped between my parents and my in-laws and my home and hospital for a few weeks. Nowhere near my beloved but tempermental sewing machine!

I cut up an old sweater of my mum's that was SILVER and white. I loved the print on it though. I lined it with white jersey because it was a bit see-through. Unfortunately this is too tight on me. I made a little bow to go on the front too.

Poo what stinks? Nothing actually, I don't know why I was holding my nose.

This is just using up scraps in my scrap bin. Red + Purple jersey stitched together. It's the same on the back too.

Again I used a tee of Tim's. I did one half the tee, the other half just plain black stretch jersekyknit. The front I used a big metal zipper. I don't love this skirt.

I made the top from scratch when I was pregnant. I used striped stretchknit for the back, and white for the front and I painted a ribcage onto it. I didn't hem it or finish the armholes or neck either, so it has little ladders in it, which I love!

The skirt Is a big tutu skirt like what I've always made! This pic is from a photoshoot I did with my friend's dad. He took pics of Vinnie too wearing a bandanna the colour of my hair. Way too cute.

Probably SHOULDN'T have worn a black bra underneath this. Oh well! I cut up two shirts I had. One Barbie one, and one love-heart one, and made it into this cute skirt with suspenders! I added lots of lace + white ricrac

I've already sold this one! The top part is from a teal shirt, and the rest I reconstructed. It's got heart pockets similar to the heart in the skirt above! I really liked this one, but I am trying to sell as much stuff as I can ((not for money, just to get a good sturdy name for myself to start with))

Reconstructed from a black + purple striped tee that said Follow My Heart on it in Silver. I made loveheart pockets + a loveheart keyhole at the neck! I trimmed it all in black ruffled lace + black satin ribbon-bows!

Patrick the Starfish! I think some of you might remember my Spongebob Squarepants hoodie I made a few years ago? That got stolen remember? Well, here's another one! The sleeves are 3/4 and it has a big black hood and a full-black back.

I found this cute skirt at Lifeline. It was long and a weird shape, so I cut it short + made the scraps into a ruffle! Tank Girl FTW

I'm going to post the rest of the stuff I made on the Children's boards, because I've been super inspired by very own living-doll, my son!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BonEsInspired
BonesInspired

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010 06:33:09 PM »

Super cute work!
I love the bones shirt and polka-dot skirt in front of that GIANT tree...I like the zebra heart skirt, the teal dress and the red and purple jersey skirt(s?)
Is it two separate skirts or just reversible? Super cute either way.
Love your style and your work!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010 06:41:22 PM by BonEsInspired » THIS ROCKS   Logged

fluffybaka

The Lil Hippies are taking over!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010 06:54:06 PM »

Nice work!  I like the one-up mushroom the best.

PS - I'm gonna miss your blue hair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.CraftyHippy.etsy.com
Eco-friendly items, patterns, hippies, and more.

I'm on Ravelry, too!
http://www.ravelry.com/designers/stephanie-horn
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010 07:35:37 PM »

your hair(or lack thereof) looks awesome. I love the ribcage shirt. And I love that super poofy tutu skirt. How long do you typically make your fabric for those? And do you find the tulle itchy? (or do you line it?)
I've been hoping to make some with some cute fabric I have but I'm not sure if I have enough of it... And I love tutu's but find tulle terribly itchy. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SinDoll
Adam West

Wednesday grew up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010 09:35:22 PM »

your hair(or lack thereof) looks awesome. I love the ribcage shirt. And I love that super poofy tutu skirt. How long do you typically make your fabric for those? And do you find the tulle itchy? (or do you line it?)
I've been hoping to make some with some cute fabric I have but I'm not sure if I have enough of it... And I love tutu's but find tulle terribly itchy. Sad

The tulle I use is like $3/m which is cheap, but it is itchy. I found a great alternative though! Instead of buying bridal tulle, which is softer, look in the home furnishings section for mosquito netting! I found a roll of it on sale for $1/m! and it was hot pink!

To stop the itching from the coarser tulle, i sew a little underskirt underneath. It doesn't have to be as long as the skirt, or it could be, whatever you want! And a rough width guide is twice my low waist measurements - but anything larger than twice is going to be nothing but good!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010 01:56:41 PM »

The tulle I use is like $3/m which is cheap, but it is itchy. I found a great alternative though! Instead of buying bridal tulle, which is softer, look in the home furnishings section for mosquito netting! I found a roll of it on sale for $1/m! and it was hot pink!

To stop the itching from the coarser tulle, i sew a little underskirt underneath. It doesn't have to be as long as the skirt, or it could be, whatever you want! And a rough width guide is twice my low waist measurements - but anything larger than twice is going to be nothing but good!!

Awesome! Thanks for the tips! I've been wanting to make somethings similar for awhile. now I know how to measure my fabric and see if I have enough. And mosquito netting! hadn't thought of that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Baby Sneakers Part 13/13
How to Crochet Baby Sneakers Part 2/13
How to Crochet Baby Sneakers Part 4/13
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 9/29
How to Crochet Baby Sneakers Part 11/13
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...