A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,144
Currently Running With Scissors:
377 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 57
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yarnies Vs Sewists Sendouts May 10  (Read 29074 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2010 07:42:21 AM »

one thing I would love, and I don't know if anyone here will know what I'm talking about.. But my gramma used to sew these "dirty" potholders. I've tried looking online for them so I could add them to my wist. They were very 70s. I'm not going to describe them too much because I don't want to offend anyone, but basically they are square potholders, that have a man or a woman on them, and then a skirt or pair of pants that lift up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2010 07:47:33 AM »

Grin Shocked Your Gramma sounds like she was a VERY interesting lady! Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
HeyVern
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2010 09:56:54 AM »

one thing I would love, and I don't know if anyone here will know what I'm talking about.. But my gramma used to sew these "dirty" potholders. I've tried looking online for them so I could add them to my wist. They were very 70s. I'm not going to describe them too much because I don't want to offend anyone, but basically they are square potholders, that have a man or a woman on them, and then a skirt or pair of pants that lift up.

I know exactly what you're talking about.  I had a friend whose parents had them when I was 9 years old (in the 80's)  I first lifted the skirt and thought it was a teddy bear.  What did I know?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.thecraftykind.etsy.com   Fused Glass Beads and findings
http://www.bungalowbettie.etsy.com   adult coloring book
sarantha
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2010 11:15:23 AM »

I'm really excited about this swap.. sounds like we're going to have fun! Now everyone is posting their wish lists I've been inspired.. I would actually love a skirt, too, a long patchwork style one  Grin .. but I think my list is long enough already.

Speaking of things I can make, I'll mention these bowls/baskets that I've been making to destash:

I'd love to knit fingerless gloves / mitts.. or crochet a slouchy hat.. any excuse to buy yummy yarn will be fine with me  Grin .. crocheting or knitting clothes like cardigans or jumpers intimidates me, though.. I was pretty excited to actually knit a vest for myself this winter.. and it does fit ok, so I'm happy enough with it. But anything that has to fit properly, be assembled.. it scares me  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hallo aus Deutschland! Hi from Germany!
I'm interested in personal swaps - and if you live in Europe, we could swap some fabrics - PM me!

http://www.wists.com/sarantha
Ewulotta
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2010 11:16:52 AM »

Uh, tempting... I love sewing but can't knit or crochet at all. Tried once but I made the yarn grate (does that make sense at all) so my mum "forbid" me to knit at home. haven't dared to touch yarn ever again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'll swap for postcards, badges, maps or brochures from everywhere in the US! I'm an English teacher and always happy about authentic material for my classroom.

http://www.wists.com/Ewulotta
http://pinterest.com/Ewulotta/
FabricFun

Used to be FunThreads

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2010 11:42:38 AM »

Wow. I thought I had spent enough time on my questionaire. Now after reading more posts I thought of 5 more things I should have added Tongue

annachronism- I love urban threads steampunk designs.

Pixieval-Your grandma had a great sense of humor Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

PixieVal

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2010 11:44:07 AM »

yay! big old thank you to funthreads for volunteering to co-org!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ifallthraindrops
« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2010 01:20:28 PM »

I'll throw my list up here as well (though I also linked to my OWS list, which has more details)

1. Zipper bags (wristlet size or larger... I love them but I suck at sewing in zippers)
2. Skirts (Elastic waist and/or linen. I love linen)
3. Drawstring bag for spindle/fiber
4. Reusable ziplock bags
5. A nice handbag (like, not totebag style, but like a large purse)

I knit and crochet like a fiend, and I love making hats, cowls, dishcloths, amigurumi, little bags, mesh bags, and slippers. Mostly I like to make quick things, but I knit sweaters for myself (and mostly only myself) too.

Also, I would LOVE to crochet someone a "man parts" keychain. That would highly amuse me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kayrun
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2010 01:56:57 PM »

I too have been waiting for sign ups.  I have to finish a swap due out Monday and really get busy on another.  I will wait to sign up until it gets closer to knowing how much time I will have and which catagory I want.  I am thinking the more I can make the more I will get.  I am a sewer and would love some crocheted or knitted items.

Hi, quaggy  *waves*
We seem to hang out on the same threads!
LOL
I'm pretty sure I'm going to sign up for this one - - sounds like such fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
missdolly
Miss Dolly is my GreatDane

Dedicated dog walker

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2010 02:06:41 PM »

I'll throw my list up here as well (though I also linked to my OWS list, which has more details)

1. Zipper bags (wristlet size or larger... I love them but I suck at sewing in zippers)
2. Skirts (Elastic waist and/or linen. I love linen)
3. Drawstring bag for spindle/fiber
4. Reusable ziplock bags
5. A nice handbag (like, not totebag style, but like a large purse)

I knit and crochet like a fiend, and I love making hats, cowls, dishcloths, amigurumi, little bags, mesh bags, and slippers. Mostly I like to make quick things, but I knit sweaters for myself (and mostly only myself) too.

Also, I would LOVE to crochet someone a "man parts" keychain. That would highly amuse me.

OMG OMG i badly want you haha i can make ALL those you want and i would stick multiple seam rippers into my eyeball to get a 'man part' keyring Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
I put in my questionare....

" i like novelty items if it amused you whilst making it then its sure as hell gonna amuse me"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The only hell my mum raised was me"

Personal swaps welcome...
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 57 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Braid Cornrows
How to Maintain Dreadlocks
How to French Braid Bangs
How to Plait Hair
How to Scrunch Straight Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...