A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 299,179
Currently Running With Scissors:
591 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DIY wedding projects I did  (Read 1615 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cheerupem0kidx0x
« on: July 15, 2010 11:33:56 PM »

I did a lot of DIY stuff for our wedding last year. First I made the invitations, I used microsoft word to design them and printed, then hot glued a small flower to the bottom of each one. Very simple and worked good for our wedding which was in a rose garden.

Next I made wedding fan programs, I figured itd be nice to do a fan since it was hot out and our wedding was outdoors. I found a tutorial online for how to make these and it even had a template. It was kinda tricky figuring out at first and it took forever to cut them all out! I used an eyelet to attach them all together and I printed the monogram I designed on the back.

The next project I did was the aisle runner. I designed the monogram using a combination of microsoft word and microsoft publisher. There was sort of a tutorial online, but it took me forever to get it right. Much harder than I thought it would be. I printed the monogram on like 20 pages and then pieced it together to make a stencil. Then I put the stencil under the aisle runner and painted the design onto it. I was very happy with how it came out. After the wedding me cut the monogrammed part off and hung it up at the reception, then we saved it.

I also made my own bouqet, I used fake flowers and I hand tied it. I added a locket my aunt sent me with a picture of my mom inside (she passed away in 2007), and some beads and charms. I made a matching flower headpiece for the flower girl but we ended up not using it. We did a handfasting ceremony and I decorated the cord we used with some Irish good luck charms.

The last project I did (the night before the wedding!) was the bubbles. I bought a big box of the wedding bubble favors at the craft store and decided to print the monogram onto address labels to decorate them. I tied some ribbon around it too. Quick & easy.

Im really glad I did a lot of DIY projects, I got so many compliments and it felt a lot more personal. BTW all this was done within 2 months of the wedding!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010 07:22:35 AM by cheerupem0kidx0x » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010 07:17:01 AM »

I added the photos for you!  Beeeeautiful projects!

I'm definitely a fan of all of the DIY touches in a wedding.  The runner turned out so perfect!

I made fan programs just like yours, too.  They were a HUGE hit!  Practical and cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cheerupem0kidx0x
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010 07:21:11 AM »

Thanks for adding the pics! I had just come back to do it cause I had enough posts now Smiley The fans were a big hit at ours too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010 06:37:03 PM »

I'm so impressed with the fan programs!!  I wanted to make them, but I couldn't handle the thought of cutting them out. Tongue  They turned out fantastic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 27, 2010 <3
cheerupem0kidx0x
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010 01:21:58 PM »

Thanks! It took forever to cut them all, that green cutting board in the picture was my best friend lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Parents That Need to Be Slapped by Steve Schirripa
The S-Word by Chelsea Pitcher
40 Chances by Howard G. Buffett
Happy, Happy, Happy With Phil Robertson
Tim Federle Q&A
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...