A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,158
Currently Running With Scissors:
582 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Magic Yarn Ball Swap Round 13: Themes (SIGNUP CLOSED; MAIL BY 5/3/10)  (Read 22770 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Foxy Sam
« Reply #160 on: March 27, 2010 07:10:28 PM »

I have got the pattern and the wool and loads of goodies, found I am spending more than I originally thought, for wool, patterns and stuff to put it in to it...but having fun and think the MYB is going to be awesome when I have made some stuff for it too...I love the stuff I've got already, hope my swap partner will too...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HP Craftalong!
http://pinterest.com/foxysam/
You can check out some of my crochet projects on ravelry if you like:
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/FoxySam
Am interested in personal swaps...pm me
I now have a blog please feel free to visit and see my creations:
http://samscraftycreations.blogsp
Geniale
Formerly known as Burgz

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #161 on: March 28, 2010 12:48:24 AM »

I have a feeling I'm doing this kind of backwards Tongue. I have almost everything to go inside the ball, but cant decide what yarn to get or what pattern to choose

I'm pretty much in the same boat... I'm way ahead on the crafting and planning (the theme is just so inspiring and fun), but am stuck on choosing the pattern, there are so many!!! I've pretty much narrowed it down to two - it all depends on weather lunanne is up for a challenge or prefers something a little more laid back Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Each one of us has a fire in our heart for something. Its our goal in life to find it and to keep it lit. " - Mary Lou Retton
jexxican
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #162 on: March 28, 2010 04:12:17 AM »

Okay, so I hit up Joann's today and bought stuff to make for the ball, store-bought stuff to just send in the ball, and I had fun fun fun with my 20% off coupon.  However, I am in pattern delimma -- I have a free pattern printed to send, and will be buying one soon . . . I just don't know which one!!!  Off to get crafting the stuffs that will one day be inside the MYB --- btw, tygermane, I, too, really, really like the idea of hiding stuff all up in the yarn . . . YAY!

Why  not send both patterns, give her a little choice? I think that's what I'm gonna do. Heck, I may even crochet one or both of the patterns myself before I send. You know, to, um, make sure they work and all...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
beefishie
« Reply #163 on: March 28, 2010 11:50:19 AM »

I just bought the yarn at Joann's! I also used my 20% percent off coupon! =)
I am so excited to commence making the ball! I think that I am going to keep the ball in a basket in my room and as I make and buy goodies to go in it, I will wind them in.
This swap is so much fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps! I knit and make jewelry mostly, but do a few other crafts as well. PM me. =)
Slingmomma
Crafty Esthetician!

Accessory hoarder.... scarves beware!

« Reply #164 on: March 28, 2010 01:26:33 PM »

I just got a ton of info on my lovely partner! I think I may have narrowed down which theme but they are all so tempting!

I did have one question though... do we have to purchase a pattern? or are we allowed to send patterns we have found for free? I just have couple really good free patterns that would be perfect for jexxican's themes?!?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A Spinners Magic Yarn ball! Join us!
Fat Quarter swap-almost done craft for sloth003 Cheesy
IYP 17-deadbathducky waiting still to receive!
Sew/Yarn v's Paper-got my partners!
Tygermane
Addicted to crafting

« Reply #165 on: March 28, 2010 02:08:38 PM »

I'm so excited, I went to my grandparents this mornign, My Opa's 83rd birthday today Smiley And while I was perusing the sunday adds (the ONLY reason to get the sunday paper, might I add) And what did I find in the Micheal's add, a 30% off entire purchase coupon!!! For saturday April 3rd!!  and a 15% off one for April 2nd.  And they have yarn on sale, and doesn't say it excludes sale items just clearence and by one, get one items.  So I will be going and napping in my car staruday morning after I get off work until they open Cheesy.  I hate graveyard shift btw.... but it will be worth it to get there when they open, at 8 am Smiley  So check your Sunday paper today peoples!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

glambastard
« Reply #166 on: March 28, 2010 03:14:16 PM »

I did have one question though... do we have to purchase a pattern? or are we allowed to send patterns we have found for free? I just have couple really good free patterns that would be perfect for jexxican's themes?!?!

I have a question about the patterns as well. I have some books with patterns in them, and I know the questionnaire said my partner cant ASK me to copy one for her, but if I do it on my own is it okay? I hope so, because that's what I plan on doing Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps, I currently need art (paintings or something to hang on a wall) but I'd be up for anything.
tcha345
« Reply #167 on: March 28, 2010 03:22:56 PM »

I plan on hitting the store tomorrow for yarns and patterns and lovely things for my partner's ball! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm awesome. Smiley

I have vintage yarn that I would like to give to someone! Please send a message if you'd like to obtain it.  I have lots!
Ffrogg526
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #168 on: March 28, 2010 03:30:30 PM »

Thanks for the heads up about the coupons, Tygermane!!!  The Michael's here has decided that they will no longer be printing ads in the paper so I get all my coupons via e-mail.  So...  anyone that didn't get one in the paper, go to the website and sign up for e-mail coupons!  Thanks again Tygermane!  I can't wait to go shopping this week!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zkatom
« Reply #169 on: March 28, 2010 04:01:36 PM »

I have a feeling I'm doing this kind of backwards Tongue. I have almost everything to go inside the ball, but cant decide what yarn to get or what pattern to choose(i think this will be my last thing to get). I've picked a theme but have sort of incorporated the others as well. I'm so excited about this swap, and I'm totally spoiling the crap out of my partner Smiley

I got all sorts of random little trinkets and supplies at Joanne's the other day and when I was checking out the lady was like what are you making? lol I sort of explained the MYB thing to her and she thought it was a really cool idea, and the other people in line were all like ohh wow that's cool. lol.

:DDDD  I've been traveling for the last couple of days, so I just caught up with the conversation.  I'm waiting for my yarn to arrive.  It has shipped, so I'm hoping to get it soon.  The next 2 days are busy for me, but after that I should have plenty of time for crafting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Photoshop Facelift
How to Import a Photoshop File Into Adobe Flash CS3
How to Create a Web Layout from a Photoshop File in Adobe Flash CS3
How to Use InDesign Essentials
How To Edit Videos With Goggle Picasa3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...