A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 299,152
Currently Running With Scissors:
580 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Magic Yarn Ball Swap Round 13: Themes (SIGNUP CLOSED; MAIL BY 5/3/10)  (Read 24311 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Foxy Sam
« Reply #150 on: March 26, 2010 08:45:55 PM »

I have found a whole load of exciting theme things to put into the MYB and I have now bought the pattern, just need to pick out the right wool for it and begin crafting the many hand-made items I have thought up...so exciting...loving it...was intimidated by themes at first but now loving it as I keep finding neat things that will go in with the theme and be awesome all at the same time...yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HP Craftalong!
http://pinterest.com/foxysam/
You can check out some of my crochet projects on ravelry if you like:
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/FoxySam
Am interested in personal swaps...pm me
I now have a blog please feel free to visit and see my creations:
http://samscraftycreations.blogsp
tar3820
Geek gone knitty

Drive from ocean to ocean. Then you'll understand.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: March 27, 2010 12:33:07 AM »

I'm glad everyone seems to be getting a kick out of the themes. I was hoping they'd add a level of complexity and fun that would set this round apart from the last. I didn't anyone to get bored with going the same thing so close together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just your average knitting whore.
Think Crafty Thoughts
Ffrogg526
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #152 on: March 27, 2010 06:14:22 AM »

I've figured out some things to go in the yarnballs I'm sending and I have to order yarn for one of the goodies.  I still haven't picked out a pattern becuase I haven't had time to look...  After Wedneday...  after Wednesday I can make up for my last three weeks of being mostly craft-less  Grin  (Cry BOO Craft-less Grin YAY making it up!).  And next week I'll be in Atlanta for a few days with my other half so I can go visit yarn shops while he's in class!   Cheesy  Hopefully I'll find a pattern and yarn this week or next so I can start crafting goodies to go inside!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tygermane
Addicted to crafting

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #153 on: March 27, 2010 08:44:49 AM »

I've vound quite a few free patterns that I'm gonna send, and I know what pattern I'm gonna buy to send to.  Now to pick a theme.  I'm finishing up the Firefly swap, but I have some fun ideas, and have already made a couple little things! Smiley  This is so much fun, I can't wait to wrap it all up in the yarn!!!  Honestly, that's a lot of why I joined this swap.  I wanted to wrap stuff up in yarn.  It looks like so much fun!!  Does that make me crazy??  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

baa-me-chick

I'm completely barmey!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: March 27, 2010 09:16:10 AM »

I still have to decide on patterns...........it really depends on the yarn as my partner *hi sarantha* wasn't too worried about what pattern so i'm going to choose the patterns after i've spun the yarns Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hugs'n'Stuff
Nicki xx

Destash - along
50 projects 2012

I love personal swaps:-)

My Wists  - http://wists.com/baa-me-chick
loudxmouse
Tutorial Contributor

five-star astro navigatrix

In a sweater poorly knit and an unsuspecting smile

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #155 on: March 27, 2010 11:39:42 AM »

i have picked my theme and possibly picked my pattern(s) he he... this is hard!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog | sts winter Marketpinterest
Caught hexi-puff fever? PM to personal swap for sock weight yarn.
Would love to personal swap for MYB or spinning stuff too
pookiemccool

"Even when we're apart I can feel you next to me. There's a hidden love connecting us like voices on a string. Even when I'm alone I can tell you're with me. There's a hidden love connecting us and I'm holding on..."

I <3 swaps!

« Reply #156 on: March 27, 2010 12:04:49 PM »

I'm going shopping today, whee!!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

glambastard
« Reply #157 on: March 27, 2010 01:37:12 PM »

I have a feeling I'm doing this kind of backwards Tongue. I have almost everything to go inside the ball, but cant decide what yarn to get or what pattern to choose(i think this will be my last thing to get). I've picked a theme but have sort of incorporated the others as well. I'm so excited about this swap, and I'm totally spoiling the crap out of my partner Smiley

I got all sorts of random little trinkets and supplies at Joanne's the other day and when I was checking out the lady was like what are you making? lol I sort of explained the MYB thing to her and she thought it was a really cool idea, and the other people in line were all like ohh wow that's cool. lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps, I currently need art (paintings or something to hang on a wall) but I'd be up for anything.
Ffrogg526

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

« Reply #158 on: March 27, 2010 02:24:52 PM »

I went to my LYS looking for yarn for a project to go inside/around/be part of the MYB and low and behold (this really doesn't surprise me) I found the yarn for the yarnball and her pattern!  yay!  But I didn't find the yarn for the project...  bummer.  I shall just have to keep looking!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rockon
« Reply #159 on: March 27, 2010 03:17:34 PM »

Okay, so I hit up Joann's today and bought stuff to make for the ball, store-bought stuff to just send in the ball, and I had fun fun fun with my 20% off coupon.  However, I am in pattern delimma -- I have a free pattern printed to send, and will be buying one soon . . . I just don't know which one!!!  Off to get crafting the stuffs that will one day be inside the MYB --- btw, tygermane, I, too, really, really like the idea of hiding stuff all up in the yarn . . . YAY!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
FFM 2 Septembre
Clôture Du FFM
CLAP 2 SEPTEMBRE
CLAP 2 SEPTEMBRE
German Shepherd/Chow Chow Filmed in High Definition
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...