A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,213
Currently Running With Scissors:
543 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Magic Yarn Ball Swap Round 13: Themes (SIGNUP CLOSED; MAIL BY 5/3/10)  (Read 22799 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Slingmomma
Crafty Esthetician!

Accessory hoarder.... scarves beware!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2010 12:52:24 PM »

Oooh Magic Yarn ball....... now do I really have the time to fit this in.... I so want to, so I will think about it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A Spinners Magic Yarn ball! Join us!
Fat Quarter swap-almost done craft for sloth003 Cheesy
IYP 17-deadbathducky waiting still to receive!
Sew/Yarn v's Paper-got my partners!
edie22
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010 04:49:29 PM »

I just signed up! Woo!! I love this swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swaps!
-Yarnies vs Sewists - crafting
-Giant Multi-Theme Swap rnd 3 - stalking

http://www.pinterest.com/edie22
glambastard
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2010 06:34:48 PM »

So I just looked through the entire 20 pages of the last myb swap. I guess there wasn't really a theme last time? it was just stalking and whatever people like? But I'm so excited about this. it looks so fun! I'm working on my questionnaire now!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps, I currently need art (paintings or something to hang on a wall) but I'd be up for anything.
sarantha
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2010 11:56:10 PM »

I just sent in my info - looking forward to this swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hallo aus Deutschland! Hi from Germany!
I'm interested in personal swaps - and if you live in Europe, we could swap some fabrics - PM me!

http://www.wists.com/sarantha
tar3820
Geek gone knitty

Drive from ocean to ocean. Then you'll understand.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2010 01:26:38 AM »

So I just looked through the entire 20 pages of the last myb swap. I guess there wasn't really a theme last time? it was just stalking and whatever people like? But I'm so excited about this. it looks so fun! I'm working on my questionnaire now!!  Grin

Nope, no themes last round. A lot of people expressed interest in a round 13 before we'd even really sent, but I wanted to make it a little more interesting, especially for those that were planning to swap again.

I really need to learn that these swaps are going to fill up fast.. just, damn. It's been about 30 hours and we already have 9 swappers. It's kinda fun to see all the different themes you guys are thinking up.. I really want to make some pairings based on the more ironic groupings (someone with a winter them partnered with someone with a summer, heh).

I haven't decided if I'm going to participate in the swap or just organize it. I think I'll decide after I close signups, to see if we need an extra swapper or something. Or, maybe I'll hold out and just be an Angel if it's needed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just your average knitting whore.
Think Crafty Thoughts
Slingmomma
Crafty Esthetician!

Accessory hoarder.... scarves beware!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2010 06:09:07 AM »

I didn't realize that there was a participant limit... better decide by the end of the day!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A Spinners Magic Yarn ball! Join us!
Fat Quarter swap-almost done craft for sloth003 Cheesy
IYP 17-deadbathducky waiting still to receive!
Sew/Yarn v's Paper-got my partners!
bexieboo
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2010 06:49:24 AM »

I just came on the swap board looking for a little swap, then I see this....how can I refuse! I'll have finished my Alphabet Inchie Swap and Crafty Detective swap by early April, so I should have plenty of time to do this Smiley

Seeing as we're filling up so quickly, do you think we'll get partners early? Smiley (And I haven't even sent the questionnaire in yet...lol).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tcha345
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2010 08:38:44 AM »

I love the MYB swap! Smiley Sending info. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm awesome. Smiley

I have vintage yarn that I would like to give to someone! Please send a message if you'd like to obtain it.  I have lots!
tar3820
Geek gone knitty

Drive from ocean to ocean. Then you'll understand.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2010 09:43:51 AM »

Seeing as we're filling up so quickly, do you think we'll get partners early? Smiley (And I haven't even sent the questionnaire in yet...lol).

And yes, we'll get partners early if we fill up (which we most likely will). I know this is a high-demand swap and I know I'll be tempted to open it up more, but I'm also organizing the DIY swap almost in the exact same time period. If anyone wants to co-organize this swap with me, I would be willing to open the limits again, under some conditions.

Anyone hoping to be a co-organizer must be willing to keep track of their group, deal with any issues, and update the swap spreadsheet and members list regularly. Prompt response times for PMs/emails is also a must. Direct contact with me through email/IMs is preferred. You need to be available throughout the entire swap process (no internetless vacations), for your swappers and me. In addition to maintaining your group's status and well-being, you'll also take part in the initial partnering process. I like to list possible partners for people as they sign up and matches become apparent, but those matches are not always the final pairing. An active role in the swap thread is also a must. First-timer's are welcome and your performance as an co-organizer will not effect your overall feedback. I will, however, leave a note in your feedback mentioning you were the co-org, as well as any additional positive information you generate from partaking in that role.

Please PM me with "MYB13 Co-Organizer" as the subject if you are interested. Please confirm you can meet all the requirements above, as well as anything else you feel you could bring to the table. I will evaluate all those that apply, and decided sometime tomorrow morning.

Anywho, can you tell I've been writing out job positions for my office recently? If any of you want to apply for a design lead role at a major IT company in Silicon Valley, you can PM me also, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just your average knitting whore.
Think Crafty Thoughts
attackofthequacks

glue addict - glitter glue, that is ;)

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2010 12:43:10 PM »

if partners are given earlier, will sendouts be the same time?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will personal swap for batik fabric or shrinky dink plastic - PM me!

My Wists: www.wists.com/attackofthequacks
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Working with File Types and Extensions
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Saving and Editing Document Presets
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Creating a New Document
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Creating New Layer and Workspace Shortcuts
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Creating and Modifying Keyboard Shortcuts
Latest Blog Articles
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...