A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,576
Currently Running With Scissors:
797 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Magic Yarn Ball Swap Round 13: Themes (SIGNUP CLOSED; MAIL BY 5/3/10)  (Read 22529 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pookiemccool
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

"Even when we're apart I can feel you next to me. There's a hidden love connecting us like voices on a string. Even when I'm alone I can tell you're with me. There's a hidden love connecting us and I'm holding on..."

I <3 swaps!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #170 on: March 28, 2010 04:42:25 PM »

I found a couple cute little things to throw in the MYB today, I am going to keep looking at a few other stores for more goodies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tar3820
Geek gone knitty

Drive from ocean to ocean. Then you'll understand.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: March 28, 2010 10:28:09 PM »

I did have one question though... do we have to purchase a pattern? or are we allowed to send patterns we have found for free? I just have couple really good free patterns that would be perfect for jexxican's themes?!?!
You can send free patterns if you find one that fits the bill. No worries Smiley

I have a question about the patterns as well. I have some books with patterns in them, and I know the questionnaire said my partner cant ASK me to copy one for her, but if I do it on my own is it okay? I hope so, because that's what I plan on doing Wink

So that gets into copyright issues and can be sticky. Photocopying patterns from books and distributing those copies without the permission of the author/copyright holder is.. well.. illegal. So yeah. That's all I'm going to say on the issue, though. Don't do illegal things.. or you, know, don't tell me you're doing it. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just your average knitting whore.
Think Crafty Thoughts
glambastard
« Reply #172 on: March 28, 2010 10:41:03 PM »

I did have one question though... do we have to purchase a pattern? or are we allowed to send patterns we have found for free? I just have couple really good free patterns that would be perfect for jexxican's themes?!?!
You can send free patterns if you find one that fits the bill. No worries Smiley

I have a question about the patterns as well. I have some books with patterns in them, and I know the questionnaire said my partner cant ASK me to copy one for her, but if I do it on my own is it okay? I hope so, because that's what I plan on doing Wink

So that gets into copyright issues and can be sticky. Photocopying patterns from books and distributing those copies without the permission of the author/copyright holder is.. well.. illegal. So yeah. That's all I'm going to say on the issue, though. Don't do illegal things.. or you, know, don't tell me you're doing it. Wink

okay, well I'm totally not going to copy a pattern then.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps, I currently need art (paintings or something to hang on a wall) but I'd be up for anything.
princesspimp81
« Reply #173 on: March 29, 2010 03:35:14 AM »

Hi all!  I've got my pattern and my theme.  I've ordered a bunch of supplies, basically everything I need, and am impatiently waiting for them to get to me lol  I've made two little items, purchased a few little goodies, and have the supplies to do one thing once I pull out my sewing machine and figure out where to set it up lol  I'm very excited to get to some serious crafting for my awesome partner Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch
Who watches over you
Make a little birdhouse in your soul"

My Wist
Bexxer
« Reply #174 on: March 31, 2010 01:19:58 PM »

I've been working on items for a LOST swap on here and I'm FINALLY done crafting! *PHEW!* Now I can devote all my crafting time to this swap! LOL I have my pattern picked out and now I just need to buy the yarn for the balls and get crafting! I know the themes I'm using too, so YAY!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like me on Facebook! "Fit To Be Hooked"
My etsy:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Bexxer21
My blog:
http://bexbmylifeasahooker.blogspot.com/
"Don't follow my footsteps. I run into walls."<--- True fact!
tcha345
« Reply #175 on: March 31, 2010 02:46:24 PM »

I bought the yarn and went a little overboard. oops!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm awesome. Smiley

I have vintage yarn that I would like to give to someone! Please send a message if you'd like to obtain it.  I have lots!
tar3820
Geek gone knitty

Drive from ocean to ocean. Then you'll understand.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: March 31, 2010 04:24:57 PM »

That's okay. You can always ship extras to me Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just your average knitting whore.
Think Crafty Thoughts
Tygermane
Addicted to crafting

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #177 on: March 31, 2010 10:19:29 PM »

I bought my partner the pattern, now to decide on the yarn and find some goodies to throw inside!  Still trying to pick out a theme.  It's so hard to pick just one!  Huh  I think I may have narrowed it down, but then I see something for another theme and change my mind again lol.  I'm not very good at decision making.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Foxy Sam
« Reply #178 on: March 31, 2010 10:48:51 PM »

Ha!  I did the same when I was shopping...so fun...I am so excited, I have almost finished one item I am making for you...which is not bad considering the crazy busy week we had this week...will get more done on it tonight or tomorrow and then on to some of my other plans for you...mwah hahaha (o= 

Tcha345... I am so loving your theme, it really challenged me at first but now it is all coming together...have two patterns I am going to send you, one matches the theme and is what the wool matches whereas the other I know you will want and I bought them both so I will send them...yay...I am so loving this...trying not to tell you everything or even too much though so as to keep it a suprise...but I am loving how it is coming together and hoping you will too...be preared for some spoilage hehehehe...(o= I have been getting thoroughly carried away and loving it...yay for MYB!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HP Craftalong!
http://pinterest.com/foxysam/
You can check out some of my crochet projects on ravelry if you like:
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/FoxySam
Am interested in personal swaps...pm me
I now have a blog please feel free to visit and see my creations:
http://samscraftycreations.blogsp
yelutci

Gus, don't be a giant snapping turtle.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: April 01, 2010 06:43:49 AM »

I've finished the _____ I started; but had a disappointing trip to the LYS. I didn't see anything that spoke to me, I'm going to have to venture out to a not so local yarn store.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've heard it both ways.

I'm looking to swap some knit &/or crocheted crafts for handmade CP/HP soap.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
2009 Holiday Baeble Music Indie Music Special
The Worst Cover Songs Ever
David Garrett Interview
Classical Pianist Lang Lang Interview
The Auto-Win Blackjack Table
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...